Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:49 AM
Default The clothing I made basically explodes in CAS (picture)
This is my Star Trek voyager uniform i'm making, i've spent three days on it following these 2 tutorials exactly. The mesh is made in Marvelous Designer and I also used Milkshape and Blender, and I cloned the ninja outfit in TSRW. I'm really really new at this and I don't know what went wrong. This is my 4th attempt.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 12:53 PM
First of all, Marvelous designer creates a really high polycounted mesh, which means you'll always end up with exploding meshes. To prevent this from happening (or basically fix it) is to open it up in Milkshape, select the mesh and go to tools> Directx tool. If you've made LODS you probably know how this works. Just don't lower it too much because this is still your high-level of details.

Another way to do it is splitting it into 2 groups. You want to clone a fullbody mesh in TSRW that already has 2 groups. and split the mesh itself in 2 groups. (make sure you export both parts as one but make sure they both are called as 'group_base'.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 7:00 AM
I'll try this thank you so much!