Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:03 AM
Default How to create a "Unique World Reference (ID)"?
So ages ago I downloaded Brightpoint by Iamsimming. I love it so much, but it doesn't work with Traveler. Instead, of loading for a vacation, it goes to game setup. I asked on the NRaas site, and they said that it was missing a "unique world reference (ID)" to make it compatible. I asked Iamsimming if she could do it, but she said she'd given up TS3. Instead she made the CAW files available and gave me permission to create the ID for it. But I can't figure out how, and I haven't come across any tutorials to show me. If I could do it, I'd like to send it to her so she could make the world available publicly, if she wanted to, but I'd really like to be able to travel to it in my game. How do I create a unique world reference ID? Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:49 AM
You could try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430249

I never quite understood what allows a custom world to work in Traveler; I made two versions of a world and gave both custom WPIDs, but one wouldn't work for travelling. So any feedback you can give would be useful!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 7:13 AM
Is there a basecamp located in the world? This is to my knowledge one of the requirements needed in order to access the world with the Traveler mod.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 9:39 AM
If they said that on nraas, that's probably the case. It's their mod after all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You could try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430249

I never quite understood what allows a custom world to work in Traveler; I made two versions of a world and gave both custom WPIDs, but one wouldn't work for travelling. So any feedback you can give would be useful!

Thanks! I'll give this a try and let you know how it goes!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Is there a basecamp located in the world? This is to my knowledge one of the requirements needed in order to access the world with the Traveler mod.

There isn't, but in order to "create a traveler world" according to the NRaas site, you have to travel to the world first. You travel to the world, your sims will be prompted to stay somewhere, so you have to choose a house for them. Then you go to Edit Town and you can build the basecamp, and then set some houses to "Ownable lot". Then the next time you visit the world, it will act more like a vacation world: see here. . But it doesn't work if the world doesn't have that ID thing. If you travel to a world without it, then it just opens in Game Setup.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.

Yes, both of my versions of that world had basecamps and both had unique WPIDs. That's why I was baffled!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, both of my versions of that world had basecamps and both had unique WPIDs. That's why I was baffled!

Oh, I have the later version of Jericho--which is incredible, btw--but I've never had a sim try to travel there. One of the Jerichoes works, and one doesn't? That doesn't bode well for getting Brightpoint to work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 7:41 PM
@tamalinn
Thanks for the nice comment about Jericho! :lovestruc

Yeah, the Showtime one doesn't work, or so I found at the time it was reported to me:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...452#post4047452

I haven't played that version of Jericho for a long time though (I don't have Showtime installed at the moment) so I can't tell you whether it was a problem with the world, or a particular version of Traveler, or a game patch, or whatever. I tested it with Traveler when I was beta testing and it worked then, so perhaps something I added or a game update broke it. It would be interesting to see if you can get Brightpoint to work!

Good luck, keep us posted!