Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 8:53 PM
Default Mae Starr & Robbie Logan & Scarlett O'Reilly - The Saloon
# 12 [Afternoon, day #1]

Mae loved the chase. She loved everything about it. Though the game came in all kinds of shapes and forms, giving her the opportunity to use her talent. She could play most parts. Innocent or vicious; she had tried them all. Right now, she wasn't really either or. She was friendly, but self assured. She was strong, but gentle. What ever she believed to see in his eyes, she either mirrored or opposed, depending on what path she decided would be best.

"Robbie, Ma'am", the boy answered her, before turning to Scarlett to add; "And thank you, but I'm good."

Mae quickly placed her hand under his chin, a soft touch by the tip of her fingers, and turned his head back to face her. Her smile narrowed, almost into a plump pout, while her eyes gave a sparkle of delight. If Robbie wouldn't give her his undevided attention, she would take it. Demand it.

"Did you come here only for our liqour...?" she said with an enticing tone, low as a mere whisper. "... Or do you wanna come upstairs and taste me as well?"

Yes, her hand remained under his chin, but the other one was free to go on its own adventure. And it did, slowly searching its way down his chest. She had a mischevious gaze. Not to scare him, of course, but as if she was telling him a secret and hoped he would join in on the fun. Especially if it happened to be just a little bit bad.

She had had a life full of the bad kind of fun, despite her tender age. She had met her fare share of bad cowboys, staying up with them until the break of dawn, drinking and tearing the place apart. Well, she didn't know if Robbie was the bad kind, but she would bet her heart that he wasn't attending school like a good little boy. Let's just say, it was a feeling Mae had, and she made a good living that way.

She could already invision him following her to her room, being drunk from her rather than the booze. And what Mae wanted, she did practially anything to get. If there was a Satan, he probably already had her soul. And when it came to her heart... Well, that was the brilliance of Mae Starr. She gave it away, like it was a special gift, every single time she spent time with a man. Now, if Robbie would turn her down, it would just break her heart...

((( ooc: I still have computer problems, but have managed to borrow one for a few days. )))
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#252 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 5:07 PM
Default Robbie and Mae - Saloon
Standing there by the bar in the Saloon, with women on almost every side of him, it was becoming increasingly obvious to Robbie just how pitifully inexperienced he was where the opposite gender was concerned. Growing up in Morgan's Creek, when first he'd been interested in girl, it had been at the age of pulling their pig tails and teasing them. From there, things had progressed to the point where he had begun to register the way some people avoided him, and why, and he had gradually withdrawn from the world of other children, girls especially. In his earliest teens, when he'd fancied a girl, he'd never really acted on it, but simply settled for viewing and pining from afar. He'd never kissed a girl, nor had he ever held hands with one, since for the majority of his young life, it had all seemed out of reach for him, for one reason or another: While in Morgan's Creek, it had been because he'd been shunned by most, and since leaving Morgan's Creek, it had been because brother dearest and his pals had held Robbie back. And the young man had never felt this lack of experience any more vividly than he did right now, when the dark beauty to his left slipped a couple of fingers under his chin to turn his head, beckoning him to keep looking at her, and uttered words that, even though his ears had been hardened from all the vulgar talk amongst the other guys, had him instantly fighting a rosy hue from spreading on his cheeks;

"Did you come here only for our liqour...?" she cooed provocatively at him. "... Or do you wanna come upstairs and taste me as well?"

Oh boy... That was one straighforward question, in more ways than one, and one that, initially, Robbie wasn't at all sure how to respond to. In fact, he didn't even know if he could respond to it at all.

However, being raised the way he had, and having been around the other guys for the last couple of months, really had hardened not only his ears, but the young man himself as well, and there had always been a bit of an inner confidence to him, even in situations where any kind of control would seem only an illusion. One would only have to look to his quick tongue to realize that, since no fraidy cat would have said half the things he'd uttered when challenged somehow.

Therefore, and much to his own relief, the slightly awkward smile soon dissipated, and that inner confidence stepped in, relaxing his shoulders somewhat and bringing another faint but far more casual smile to his lips.

"What's your name?" he asked, deciding to dodge her question, if only for a few seconds.

Because, even though his very first experience with a woman might be with one that unlike him had plenty of it, and who to most was just a pretty face and a nice body and nothing more, he still wanted something to call her by, should the need arise, and he was aware that a fifteen yeard old boy calling a grown woman "doll" or darlin'" would both look and sound... kind of ridiculous.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#253 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 2:12 AM
Default Mae Starr & Robbie Logan - The Saloon
# 13 [Afternoon, day #1]

At first, Mae wasn't sure if she'd gone too far. Maybe she had caught him off guard up til the point where he got spooked. Even if she didn't want that, she couldn't help but treat him like she felt she should. She had a natural knack, a sort of hunch of how to approach people. Sometimes it backfired, but most of the time it worked. It might not end up with them always choosing her, but it made it difficult for them not to. And if they choose someone else, that made them fools, of course.

"What's your name?" Robbie asked, either avoiding her question or taking some clever route yet to be revealed.

Initially, he had seemed to be a bit surprised by her, but as he opened his mouth to speak he appeared pretty confident. Mae liked it. It meant he could be just as interesting as she was hoping for. Since real life could be very dull, even life at the Saloon could grow into a routine, Mae wanted stories. It didn't matter if she knew she was being lied to, she hungered for adventure and would rather hear a lie told with passion, than have the truth stifling her. The best kind was of course a truth that would inspire her. And it was often coming from the most unlikely sources.

"I am Miss Starr", Mae said with compelling ardor. "But you can call me Mae."

It just occured to her that this name was so fitting, she hoped she would never have to let it go. In a way she couldn't explain, it summed her up, and she loved the sound of it. Mae Starr. It was short, and it gave her a kind of sweetness. It was not as acid as her thoughts often could be. It gave her the chance to feel like a different woman, someone that had made no mistakes.

Looking into Robbie's eyes, old habits had her wondering about who he was, what he did in town and how much money he had. But something else also came to mind. For some strange reason she wondered if he was as carefree as he seemed. Maybe he wasn't as young as he looked, or he had lead a life that had forced him to grow up a bit faster than others.

"I'm curious", she said. "What brings you into town?"
Scholar
#254 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 12:18 AM
Default Kate and Gabriel - Clinic
Professional though Kate was, in her line of work, there was always a difficulty in drawing the line. Well, the act of drawing the line depended on the willpower of the person in question and of course, Kate was never in deficit when it came to willpower. However, the problem here was centred on where to draw the line with the person in question. Of course, the basics of her occupation did clearly outline the physical wellbeing of the person was paramount, but there was question – if one looked beyond just the obvious – what exactly defined a person’s physical wellbeing.

Whilst she was indeed used to treating cuts, burns, accident wounds, gunshots and whatever else the bizarre forces of nature inflicted upon a human body, she did have to look beyond that. Say a patient came to her with sleeping problems, she could just give them the right medication to help them sleep at night for as long as said medication lasted, but the underlying problem was yet unsolved. Thus, the mental and physical states of every patient were so interlinked that often there was no clue as to where to draw the line.
Thankfully, some were forthcoming, whilst others made it clear where they’d like the boundaries – whether Kate complied was another story.

Gabriel here was one such person and normally, had his health been the only one if question, Kate would have just let it go, for her main requirement was that she offered treatment and if it was refused by the person in question, that was that. However, his ‘privacy’ was one that seemed to affect far more people than it should be allowed to and thus, it was her duty to see to it that it stopped.
Questions regarding that were asked, and the answer she received fit into the antagonising methods that he portrayed;

"I do what needs to be done,” he seemed to snap as he walked briskly past her once more as he had done at the door, only this time unceremoniously pushing a small pouch containing what Kate perceived to be coins – payment, of course, for he did seem to figure that everyone was as brusque about their roles as he claimed to be – as he advanced towards Caleb as he lay on the gurney. "If you've got a problem with it, take it up with the sheriff. Or the mayor."

So much for trying to address the problem right where it stemmed from.

But, that was currently the least of her problems given that he was making it clear that it was his intention to take Caleb on to implement – rather inflict upon him - whatever designed that had drawn themselves up in what was revealing itself to be Gabriel’s rather warped mind. Was he absolutely out of his mind? Now, there was no doubt in Kate’s mind that he was indeed not an idiot, he simply was fuelled by absolute disregard for anyone else that graced the world he lived in.
Taking Caleb now, especially so soon after the stitches were put into his leg, which he’d need in order to walk – no doubt Gabriel had no plans to use a wheelchair – was simply counter productive to the entire point of bringing him to her to begin with.

“Can you wait a few hours?” she thus asked quickly, the concern for her patient driving the tones of her voice as she followed his footsteps. While Kate had pride for herself, when it came to her own agendas, she would not let her nature cause problems for someone who trusted her with their wellbeing, and thus, there wasn’t that much of an inner turmoil as she added; “Please.”

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#255 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:30 PM
Default Gabriel and Kate - Kate's clinic
(((ooc: Extensa5420 - Welcome. Will add your character to the character's list asap. Just one thing; if you look at the characters list, you'll notice that there already is a character named Kate. So, could you maybe give yours another name? Otherwise things might get very confusing. Thanks. And if you have any questions whatsoever, or need help to get started, feel free to PM me. )))

Having now spent more than five minutes in the same room as Kate Hilton and her loud morals and values, Gabriel felt he'd come to know enough about them not to expect that she'd let him drag Caleb with him out of the clinic - though to be fair, he had actually intended to ask (/order) the young Paul to assist - without yet another fight. But, he simply was far too fed up with her at this point not to try, or at least make her back off, and since simply telling her to do so didn't seem to get through to her, having her own behaviour be the cause of possible further suffering for her patient, just might. Because judging from her preachings so far, and her tendency to annoy the h*ll out of Gabriel, she wouldn't want to let Caleb go just yet.
And, sure enough;

"Can you wait a few hours?" she said, with a certain amount of the expected concern in her voice, accompanied by the sound of her footsteps as she followed Gabriel towards the gurney.

Then, as though she was indeed very much aware of how far she had been pushing him, and thus made him... not exactly agreeable and willing to compromise anymore, she added smoothly;

"Please."

Not that Gabriel had a history of giving in to such pleas, especially not when the one doing the pleading was the one that had caused the very reaction they were pleading to be spared from in the first place. Though he did have to reflect... It was quite amazing, wasn't it, how in no more than the bat of an eye, a woman's sharp tongue would soften, as soon as she wanted something from him? It had happened countless times throughout his life - though a large portion of it was of course limited to wh*res, and there it'd mostly had more to do with him as a possible customer rather than Gabriel himself - yet it had still to cease amusing him, in an acidic kind of way, whenever it happened.

Still, amusing though it was, it all did little to stop the brief but overwhelmingly strong urge that rushed through him, to just turn around and reach out, and strangle her with his bare hands. But, being a man very much in control of his actions, he settled for going halfway; he turned around to face her. Eyes still dark, and nostrils flaring ever so slightly in a sure sign of what was indeed going through his mind at that very moment. But he did ultimately refrain from wrapping his hands around her slender neck and robbing her lungs of the air they put to such excessive use. Another brief silence passed, as he quickly reviewed his options, which then resulted in a short, irritated sigh.

"Fine", he said, in the same curt tone as before. "But don't expect to get paid for it."

That said, he then turned immediately to Paul, caring little if Kate had any objections.

"You", he said to the young man, causing him to freeze mid-motion of washing off some of the blood surrounding Caleb's wound. "Go find Miguel and tell him to get over here."

Then, while turning again in order to return to the chair he'd occupied earlier, he gave Kate glance while adding;

"I've got better things to do."

Because even though he didn't have any particular plans, whatever there was to do, sure would beat spending 'a few hours' in Kate's talkative company. Let Miguel - the dirty and rather slimy Mexican that, if Gabriel was Morgan's right-hand man, Miguel was Gabriel's - deal with her instead.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 4:57 PM
(((ooc: Extensa - Wait... I appreciate you joining and your posting and all, but this is supposed to be an RP about Morgan's Creek, a small but blossoming (fictional) town in the wild west in the late 1800's, where the players can interact with one another through their characters... not a re-enactment of a book... I mean, while you're most certainly free to base your character on something you've seen or read, it might not be a good idea to rip the entire character...? Plus your post is kind of... stand-alone, if you know what I mean? It doesn't seem meant to inspire/invite others to interact with your character?
I would suggest reading through some of the RP threads in this forum. It might give you an idea of the style in which most of us roleplay here. (And I'm saying this with the best of intentions) )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#257 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 8:00 PM
Default Robbie, Mae and Scarlett - Saloon
More and more, Robbie was beginning to feel he was finding his mental as well as his verbal footing in the current situation, which although it was a new one to him, he had essentially put himself in. The insecurities brought on by his inner musings were loosening their restraints on his fairly small but very much still growing frame, and with them the restraints on his tongue as well. He was relaxing, letting the initial tension seep from his shoulders, down long his arms and leave his body as though it was dripping from his fingertips, and it was enough for him to start enjoying the inviting warmth of the body next to him, and the fingers trailing down his chest, rather than keep racking his brain for something to say, and fighting the blush from spreading on his cheeks.
Although, the next question the young lady - Mae Starr she had told him her name was, and it seemed quite a fitting one - asked him, following her introduction, did nearly make him falter, ever so slightly, and ever so briefly.

"I'm curious", she said, in a tone of voice that in a way seemed to mirror the suddenly thoughtful look in her eyes. "What brings you into town?"

It was a bit of a tricky one, because how did he answer it, without risking even trickier follow-up questions, or telling an obvious lie? She may not know who he was, and Scarlett may be pretending she didn't, but it was evident that their collegue, the third woman, did, and so he couldn't just tell Mae that he was just passing through, or that he was in town for business. Those who knew who he was usually knew some of the reasons why he'd left town in the first place, which meant it would seem odd if he'd chosen to pass through when he didn't have to, since Morgan's Creek held few good memories for him. And he was clearly too young for the latter; to be in town for business. If he said he was in town for supplies, questions regarding where he currently lived, and with whom, might arise, because not many, if anyone, knew that he was riding with outlaws, and he'd much prefer to keep the lid on that one.
So, in the end, what he came up with, would be part truth, and part fairly believable fiction;

"Nostalgia, I guess", he said, while glancing around the Saloon, his gaze landing ever so briefly on Scarlett for a moment, mostly as a pure reflex, since she was the one who knew he would have to lie, as well as the one that was probably hoping that he would, and not be stupid enough to tell the actual truth.

Because really, what young man wouldn't seize any opportunity to impress a lady, and try to entice her by seeming dangerous, and thus brag about hanging out with a bunch of bandits, especially if it was true?
However, tempting though it was, Robbie knew better.

"I used to live here", he thus explained as his eyes returned to Mae. "Was born here, and left a few months ago. So when I was in the vincity, I figured I'd see if anything's changed. Got a little homesick, I s'pose."

And then some more truth, as a little something to hopefully switch the topic back to less risky ground;

"Plus I felt like a drink", he added with a slight smile. "And some... good company?"

Alright, so it wasn't the smoothest line in the book, but come on, he was just a beginner, so who could blame him?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Scholar
#258 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 8:17 PM
Can I just jump in here? This looks very interesting, and I would like to join. Beside the Medieval period and Victorian Era, the wild west is of huge interest to me. It's so interesting I had to say it three times.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Page 11 of 11