Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Was the only video I could find in English.

Here's one in French
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifB2nECqxI4
VIE NULLE SIMULATOR is NULL LIFE SIMULATOR or Life Simulator translated to English.

Depending on how you type it in lower case or upper case letters.

lol..*nulle* basically means, lame.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
That Vie and "Project Vie" are not related.

I did some more Googling and Googled up Project Vie instead of Vie Life Simulator (my bad) and a lot of sites pops up related to or has the same Project Vie name, I also Came across this site about The Project Vie rumors and I also found their Twitter
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:52 AM
Okay.

I'm still stating a fact. The two aren't the same projects.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#29 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Feel free to share it on tumblr.

I would except I don't use Tumblr, I just have several bookmarked that I read each day, for custom content or their stories - hopefully, someone here will post it though! And maybe alert Graham this is a scam! I saw he was following them from looking at someone else's Twitter feed and they had screenshot it.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
I wouldn't mind the haters leaving the sims community for good, that would be a dream come true, it's not like they are investing money in the game anymore, i really hope that will be the outcome of all this Competition is healthy! The sims continues to make me happy, let the complaining be someone else's problem.. I just hope this company is smart and does not infringe on copyright laws by making something unique. I've seen companies try to rip off maxis and get themselves sued over it

So if sims makes you happy why do you care if people complain? Ive seen you do nothing but bitch about so called haters...anytime anyone says anthing thats not a happy sunshine post about sims you get your pantys in a bunch. Ive invested more money then I care to admit in the sims, ive been playing since day 1, and I am not a huge fan of sims 4. I think its a mess. Ive complained about it many times. I am not a "hater". I love the series, I want to see it thrive and do better. That is why I complain. Ea wont fix crap if they dont think its broke, if we all sing kumbaya all the time they will just keep messing up and the series will eventually die.
Theorist
#31 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:17 AM
Okay.

I'm still stating a fact. The two aren't the same projects.

So we have a scam rival life simulator and some lame flash game? The other way around would be preferable (real rival life simulator and fake lame flash game)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What I wonder is...how can anyone be fooled by that? ...Some of you really got tricked. I am surprised. lol

We believe everything here!
Instructor
#33 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Read this aloud to yourself. What you are saying is you hate the haters, which makes you a .........

I have never wished anyone to leave the Sims community, what I wish for is that the Sims continues to develop and build on the charm and freedom of expression that Sims 2 and 3 had so we can all have a better game.
Also, I have "invested" over $2000 in the Sims series (including Sims 4) and I think that makes me an advocate, rather than being labelled a hater just because I think Sims 4 is a disappointment. (I must say it does look rather pretty sat on my bookshelf though)
If we all just kept quiet and said nothing negative about Sims 4 then there is no incentive for it to ever improve. The same goes for any competition that may appear as this can only drive EA to make the game better.

However, I'm afraid this latest "competitor" may be nothing more than Pie in the Sky!

I think you misunderstand, there are people that hate and troll sim fans that don't bother playing the game, they invade the sims community to make fans miserable, I want them to go. Constructive criticism is helpful if it is not done in a hurtful way. People need to grow up or ship out
Instructor
#34 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maddy69110
So if sims makes you happy why do you care if people complain? Ive seen you do nothing but bitch about so called haters...anytime anyone says anthing thats not a happy sunshine post about sims you get your pantys in a bunch. Ive invested more money then I care to admit in the sims, ive been playing since day 1, and I am not a huge fan of sims 4. I think its a mess. Ive complained about it many times. I am not a "hater". I love the series, I want to see it thrive and do better. That is why I complain. Ea wont fix crap if they dont think its broke, if we all sing kumbaya all the time they will just keep messing up and the series will eventually die.
this is a perfect example of the immature and insulting language/personal attacks I was talking about, thank you for proving my point. There are mature ways to critique a game without resorting to flaming and personal attacks
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
this is a perfect example of the immature and insulting language/personal attacks I was talking about, thank you for proving my point. There are mature ways to critique a game without resorting to flaming and personal attacks

Really? A personal attack? isnt that what you do pretty much all the time to anyone who complains? i forgot that you need a safe space, so sorry.
Instructor
#36 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:37 PM
Really? A personal attack? isnt that what you do pretty much all the time to anyone who complains? i forgot that you need a safe space, so sorry.
I try very hard not to use insulting language in my posts, perhaps I have slipped up here and there, but when facing an unending barrage of bee stings in this forum it can try my patience. I sincerely apologize if I hurt your feelings. Just as people have a right to complain, other people have a right to react and it goes both ways. I fail to see how making sexist remarks means you took the high road though
Theorist
#37 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What I wonder is...how can anyone be fooled by that? ...Some of you really got tricked. I am surprised. lol

Eh you know, it's the same effect that makes people stranded in the desert believe that mirages are the real thing. Many of us just want a good, new life simulator so badly that we want to believe.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Eh you know, it's the same effect that makes people stranded in the desert believe that mirages are the real thing. Many of us just want a good, new life simulator so badly that we want to believe.

yeah...you are probably right.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#39 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:09 PM

(...) sexist (...)

Huh?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:43 PM
lol! getting your pantys in a bunch is not something a guy could do..I guess this was taken as being a sexist comment. Unless guys also wear panties...

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:52 PM
This has gone pretty off-topic.

Can we all agree on the fact that having a Sims competitor would be a good idea, in the right hands? And that's why people were (or still are) hopeful about this "Project Vie". Because if there were ever a series in dire need of having a competitor, it's The Sims.

Theorist
#42 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:12 AM
Can we all agree on the fact that having a Sims competitor would be a good idea, in the right hands? And that's why people were (or still are) hopeful about this "Project Vie". Because if there were ever a series in dire need of having a competitor, it's The Sims.

Yes I think we can, monopolies are never good. Now what do we have to sacrifice to which god/demon/elder spirit so that our hopes come true?

I want to have a whole bunch of Sims-like games to choose from, and not just those simulating modern suburbia. I want a proper Medieval Life Simulator that lets me build castles and play a noble dynasty throughout the generation with scheming and duels and betrayal and success crises and all the good stuff.
Scholar
#43 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:09 AM
Well the Project Vie person is saying that what MB has shared with us is a false accusation. I screenshot the two tweets in question (behind the spoiler to save space). I really don't get what this person thinks they're going to pull off, when obviously they have no product to deliver. It's really sad, because I think everyone could agree that the Sims could use a competitor - but this is ridiculous.

I mean, seriously?! As if this community doesn't have enough drama in it - really? This person must be really disturbed. They're just going to upset a lot of people who were gullible enough to believe in them when it all comes out.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#44 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yes I think we can, monopolies are never good. Now what do we have to sacrifice to which god/demon/elder spirit so that our hopes come true?

I want to have a whole bunch of Sims-like games to choose from, and not just those simulating modern suburbia. I want a proper Medieval Life Simulator that lets me build castles and play a noble dynasty throughout the generation with scheming and duels and betrayal and success crises and all the good stuff.
Grab a few millions in cash, buy yourself into a large publisher and threaten to sell your shares to their competitors at WalMart price if they don't make you that game you want.
Instructor
#45 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:36 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 12th Feb 2017 at 1:59 AM.
I try very hard not to use insulting language in my posts, perhaps I have slipped up here and there, but when facing an unending barrage of bee stings in this forum it can try my patience. I sincerely apologize if I hurt your feelings. Just as people have a right to complain, other people have a right to react and it goes both ways. I fail to see how making sexist remarks means you took the high road though

Sexist? Huh? All he did was imply you liked safe spaces and that all he ever saw you do was bitch about haters. Sure not civil and it's definitely personal since it's implying your one of those people, you know, the ones who keep misusing the word triggered on tumblr? But how is that sexist? I mean, if anything it's anti-tumblr, which seems to be used in some capacity by everyone, even people on this site. There's like no gender barrier to using the site so... where did that even come from?

Edit: Also...to your other comment, I seriously doubt there are THAT many people who don't like the Sims trolling Sims players,
For one: pretty much everyone likes the sims,

For another: pretty much everyone who likes it enough to be on a Sims forum is a hardcore fan as opposed to just a casual player.

Thirdly: While there will always be people eager to take a stab at the trolling game, I seriously doubt the SIMS would be the platform most people would choose, I mean if you hadn't noticed...the Sims is considered BORING to most normal people, good for a laugh and then put on a shelf and forgotten about. For people to be "hating" on the game in large numbers within the Sims community it's really just more likely that it's other Simmers rather than random strangers with no stake in the games future. And if they have a stake in the games future they really aren't just complaining to inconvienience you, they're doing it out of love for the game.
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:41 AM
I'm sceptical of stuff like this in general, mostly because I don't think virtual life games are a very lucrative market any more(and especially not for a new company starting from scratch) and there isn't really a gap in the market waiting to be filled. EA/Maxis have a large existing fanbase, experience both with creating life sims and an active community constantly giving feedback, but another company starting a sims-like game now would be starting from scratch with nothing and would not only have to produce a game "better" than the sims, but they'd have to spend a fortune on marketing it to even get a fraction of the sims' fanbase. Especially as we can already mod many sims games to be what we want them to be.

On top of that, there's no info about the company supposedly releasing this game, no advertising, no real marketing attempts, nothing really other than a logo and a twitter account, etc. I'd like to see a competitor to the sims, but I don't think this is going to be it. I wouldn't say it's definitely a scam, more that if it does exist, they'll have to pull off something phenomenal to even have a chance.
Theorist
#47 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Grab a few millions in cash, buy yourself into a large publisher and threaten to sell your shares to their competitors at WalMart price if they don't make you that game you want.

hahahaha, god I idea.

Now the only problem is that I seem to have misplaced my millions of cash.

Maybe we could start a sort of grassroot movement, everybody buys a few shares and collectively we'd be a mayor share holder. Then we'd just all have to agree what kind of Life Simulator we want. I can see no problems arising with that. At all.
Instructor
#48 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:50 AM Last edited by misstrgal : 12th Feb 2017 at 4:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Sexist? Huh? All he did was imply you liked safe spaces and that all he ever saw you do was bitch about haters. Sure not civil and it's definitely personal since it's implying your one of those people, you know, the ones who keep misusing the word triggered on tumblr? But how is that sexist? I mean, if anything it's anti-tumblr, which seems to be used in some capacity by everyone, even people on this site. There's like no gender barrier to using the site so... where did that even come from?

I am guessing you did not see the panties comment? edit: it's a common insult to use on other men to make them feel inferior in a patriarchal society. I happen to be a woman, and it feels like an attack on my gender, am I wrong?
Forum Resident
#49 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:19 AM
Why does every thread devolve into this.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:41 AM
Because people are easily threatened by words on a screen.

Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: the caek is a lie...
Page 2 of 4