Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 2:40 PM
Default Historic Architecture of Tomorrow...
It's really weird to think that some buildings being built today will, in the future, be seen as 'historic' and desireable. Where as other buildings you can just see as being timeless classics.
So I thought it'd be nice if we shared different places that could be the desireable historic buildings of the future.
I would go first but I can't think of any off hand at the moment.

The Gherkin, 30 St. Mary Axe, London

Only built in 2003/2004, The Gherkin is already one of the most iconic buildings and symbols of modern London. I think I red somewhere that it is only a matter of time before it is listed, despite being far less that 100 years old.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 10:20 PM
While I'm not a fan of the ocomplex, the barbican estate in The City of London IS historic, as with the Manchester CIS tower, and (obviously) the former One/Two WTC in NYC.
While it wass heavily unpopular amongst parisians, the Le Tour Montparnasse in paris is very iconic imho.

Back to London, One Canada Sq and The former Natwest towers are amaxzng pieces of 20th Century engineering, iconing in their respective skylines.

I also love the llyods building, which has slowly gained the favour of those around it since its construction.

Just Call me Square!