Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM
Default zOmbiEs
Hey everyone

So I was just wondering about Zombies since I've never made one yet but I really want to try it tonight.
I know you need the career reward thingy.

But I have one question, is it possible to resurrect premade dead sims ?
For example the sims in Olive Specter's graveyard or the ones in the Goth's backyard? And if they can turn into Zombies, can using a potion or a hacked potion turn them into regular sims again?

Also are there only adult zombies so if a teen or kid died you cant do them can you?

One more question, how do you kill a zombie??

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:13 AM
The key mod for you is this one: http://modthesims.info/d/283201 since it enables you to add or remove all the supernatural life states.

No, you CANNOT resurrect premade dead sims, generally, they aren't fully built and can cause corruption when they're resurrected.

As far as I know, a zombie can be killed by fire or drowning.

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:14 AM
I do believe raising pre-mades is problematic in many cases because of incomplete sim files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:14 AM
It is risky to mess with the dead in the base game hoods, as many of them lack character data. (You couldn't resurrect back then, so the developers took a few shortcuts to make the ghosts.) If you have Tarlia's clean hoods, you should be reasonably safe; make sure you RTFM when you download those hoods, to make sure you understand what she did and didn't do.

If a sim can die, a sim can be a zombie.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 1st Oct 2014 at 1:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Hey everyone

Howdy.

So I was just wondering about Zombies since I've never made one yet but I really want to try it tonight.
I know you need the career reward thingy.

The Resurrect-o-nomitron is just one way of four (that I can remember off the top of my head):

1) Use the aforementioned Resurrect-o-nomitron; don't bid enough for a full resurrection, and don't bid so low that Grimmy rejects you outright. About $4,000 should just about do it.
2) Plead with Grimmy when he comes to claim a newly deceased Sim. It's random, but having a middle-ish relationship between the pleading Sim and the dead Sim seems to make zombiehood more likely. A high relationship is likely to result in beating Grimmy and getting a full resurrection; a low, nonexistent or negative relationship will probably result in the dead Sim staying dead.
3) Use the genie lamp to resurrect a dead Sim. Sometimes, the genie screws up and you get a zombie. But that's a pretty rare occasion.
4) Become an evil witch and build your magic skill high enough to cast Vivificus Zombiae (which an evil witch learns somewhere around 8 or 9 in Magic Skill). Brew up the spell's necessary reagents, then cast that spell on a headstone. The spell never fails, so this is the most reliable way to get a zombie (even if you have to work your Simmy butt off to get it).

But I have one question, is it possible to resurrect premade dead sims ?
For example the sims in Olive Specter's graveyard or the ones in the Goth's backyard? And if they can turn into Zombies, can using a potion or a hacked potion turn them into regular sims again?

For the most part, yes. One of the Sims on my last computer was an evil witch who went to Gothier Green Lawns and animated two of the Tricou family (Jennail and Nylissit, if I recall truly). As long as the dead Sim has the "genetics" of a live Sim, he or she can be resurrected or zombified.

But zombiehood is permanent unless you have certain mods that make it reversible. Even if you kill a zombie and resurrect it with a genie, you merely get the same zombie back. You get the same zombie if you try to zombify a dead zombie too.

Also are there only adult zombies so if a teen or kid died you cant do them can you?

As far as I know, any Sim from Child age to Elder age can be zombified. There's even a college scholarship for Sims who have become zombies or vampires, so this would suggest that children can be zombified too. Infants and toddlers are pretty much immortal, so they can never become zombies (unless some code monkey out there found a way to mod that into the game too).

One more question, how do you kill a zombie??

The same ways you kill any other Sim, with an exception or two; zombies don't age, so zombies never die from old age. I've never tried to drown a zombie, but pretty much anything else goes. I've fed a zombie to a Cowplant before, but zombie Hygiene dwindles pretty quickly, so you usually have to bathe the zombie before the Cowplant will eat it. Zombies can also die from electrocution and lightning strikes; stick a zombie in an outdoor hot tub during a thunderstorm for best results. A zombie who becomes a vampire/zombie can die from exposure to sunlight. I'll get around to trying to kill zombies with fire, hail, flies, heatstroke, starvation and falling satellites one of these days, but I'd wager that those means will work too.

Fortunately, having an evil witch in the household can reduce a zombie's death to a temporary inconvenience. Neither the witches in my Covenheart family nor my lone evil warlock have earned a Cowplant yet, and my vampire/witch has a Cowplant but doesn't age (thus making this experiment pointless) and is decidedly Neutral anyway. But I expect that an evil witch with a Cowplant can "drink" the same zombie repeatedly (via repeated Cowplant feedings and rezombifications) for everlasting youth. Once I get around to following through with that experiment, I'll be back here blabbering all about the results.

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:12 AM
Heimlichbourger =

Thanks for that mod link, I believe I saw this before but never actually read what does it do. This is useful!

Peni Griffin & Maxon
Yeah I probably won't mess with the premade tombs since Im just using regular maxis hoods, I wouldn't want to risk anything!

Pizzatron-9000

Thanks for all the details! I actually didnt know witches & genies could do that also so that's something I will have to try out and using the mod Hemichbourger said I will try to mess around with the hybrid zombies.

Thanks everyone :lovestruc

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:14 AM
Anytime.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:45 AM
If you're brave then you can try this mod. XD

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=6720.0

Smonaff also has a zombie cure potion on here.