Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:36 PM
Default Who actually goes through University?
For those of you who have it, how many of you can say you truly, regularly, have sims go all the way through university, work for it, graduate, and not cheat them through? I must admit, I've cheated a few to an early gradation, but mostly, I play them through, if I even send them there...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:44 PM
I have to say i really like uni, i seem to be the only one. Sometimes i cheat but mostly i don't, i love playing single sims, maybe 2 [or they'll all fail] I only maybe cheat with maxmotives but nothing else...
#3 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:55 PM
I've only done it when I'm playing a legacy family.
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:00 PM
Gotta love the collegeadjuster...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:08 PM
I almost never play Uni, It takes too much time
#6 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:15 PM
I always play through... Its great for making friends for when you get jobs and stuff.. and definately enough time to find a future hubby or wife... and build up skills.. =D
#7 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:16 PM
hardly ever do I play Uni
#8 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:52 PM
I rarely send my sims to uni now, and when i do i cheat them all the way through using the college adjuser plus... it's just so tedious and long playing it all through with no cheats!
#9 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:55 PM
But uni is the same length as teens aging to adult...i prefer to let them go to uni and grow them up insted of waiting, it gets boring
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 7:01 PM
I usually don't cheat...and most of my teens do go to Uni. sometimes however they end up having a full class bar and half of the semester left to waste time, so then I cheat just a bit and jump to the final exam..

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
#11 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 7:09 PM
After I installed Uni - I sent all my Sim teens - only three of them actually got to graduation. I find the college years to be really long and tedious! But now I have the Uni Graduator - so I cheat!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 7:10 PM
I rarely send teens to uni, I rarely age my sims anyway!

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
#13 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 7:11 PM
i never send sims to uni, infact i havent even got it installed atm it annoys me so much :P
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 7:17 PM
I have only actually played through the whole thing about twice...

:D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 11:00 PM
Well, I've only recently gotten it (about the same time *I* started going to university--and then I had less time to play!), so I can't really say I've actually graduated...any sims! ^^;; But, when I DO play, I don't use cheats, and I actually really enjoy it--It's much easier to meet sims in Uni than anywhere else (except for maybe Downtown...but you can't CALL them), and I prefer the school system soooo much more than the children/teen version (disappear for hours, come back with motives in the tank, bring up the motives, and then either have them do homework OR go to work--and if they go to work, they come back home and their motives are in the tank AGAIN, and by the time you've brought them back up they're too tired and have to go to bed. It drives me NUTS!!)
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 11:33 PM
I play through university without cheating but it is very boring and tedious for me. I wish it went by year instead of by semester, even if it would be unrealistic. Young adulthood is way too long. I mean, it's 24 days, almost as long as adulthood. They can't even do things that adults can. It almost feels like playing an adult sim and just sending him/her to work everyday.

All of my in game born Sims go to college. I love the perks that come out of it, like the 6 wants with 2 lockable and the new career tracks. My Sims manage to gain tons of skills, aspiration points, and friends, which will help them in the long run.

I send a bunch of them together at a time. Once I made the mistake of sending 8 Sims into one dorm. I thought it would be faster to get them all through it at the same time but it was torture.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 11:06 AM
I have to go through the whole painful process if it's a Legacy Challenge (haha I know, "duh" :p) But other than that sometimes I play them through or just cheat them x)

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 11:42 AM
I actually never send my sims to university and if I do I use cheats to moment they arrive to make them gratuate that same moment, so they can get back... I can't help it... University takes to long to play, it's always the same and it is boring...)
(I only send them to university for ... eh... I don't know... I even don't know why university is still on my computer...)
Site Helper
#19 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 2:46 PM
I like University. It gives them time to build skills and earn their LTW faster. (Unless it's Golden Anniversary, in which case they usually switch to knowledge at the end of the sophomore year.) And I like the extra want slots you get from graduating, because it makes it easier to keep them happy. I know there is a large selection of hacks which do that as well, but I rather enjoy playing University.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#20 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 2:55 PM
Actually I've got 5 sims at university. I play very few, so those are the only teen in the right age range when I installed University EP. For now, they are at the last year with the max of the marks
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:35 AM
I'm still working on getting all of the premade young adult Sims (and my one original Sim per college) to graduation, let alone neighborhood teenagers.
#22 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:58 PM
Once I had this family have 10 kids....you bet I cheated their way to a diploma...
#23 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 1:03 PM
I have university but I haven't played it in such a long time. Not since Nightlife came out.

I didn't hate it as much as most people did It takes up way too much time. I don't even cheat to get the diaploma. All my sims are high school grades.
#24 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 5:28 AM
Oh i love uni as much as OFB..it makes goals so much easier, though i usually sned my children-turned-teens to college instantly unless their close to geting some mroe money for when they go to college. It just makes it so easy to make rich sims. The only time i cheat is for design and architectual purposes, such as having a couch at a 45 degree angle. yes it is tedious but oh well
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:26 AM
I always play it through properly, I love playing uni! I don't see the point in cheating through it. If it's for the extra want slots, why not just cheat to get them, instead of sending them to uni, only to have them come home not long after?

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Page 1 of 15