Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 1:42 PM Last edited by nafSims : 27th Oct 2014 at 6:00 AM. Reason: attachment removed
Default Testing needed for a new house
Hi everyone.

I have been working on a quite complicated house for some time now and as I finished and saved it, I went on with testing it on another lot before I upload it (to see if everything looked ok, etc.). However, although the saved file preview shows the house as it is intended to be, when I put it in another lot all the ground floor objects (appart from wall deco and windows/doors) disappear.

I went on testing the original house by moving in a Sim there, bulldozed the house and installed the saved house on the same lot and same thing happened, with the only difference that in this case I could find the missing objects in the household's invertory.

So, all the objects are saved within the file and the preview shots show the building fully furnished and decorated. It would be very helpful if someone could test it by installing it and placing it in a lot, to see if everything is transferred properly (or not).

(the attached images are showing how the ground floor is supposed to look)

Here's the Lot's description (prepared for the upload thread):

The place where art comes to life. An old industrial building, renovated and converted to an art beehive, where artists live, create and showcase their work.

This building is a redesign of a similar one I had created for TS3, where we had Sims with more artistic skills and careers. In that version the studios included studios for photography, architecture, sculpture and fashion design. If these options return in TS4 at some point, I will update the studios. Until then, this is it...

LOT INFORMATION
Type | Residential
Value | 417,342$
Location | originally located in Oasis Springs, Cacti Casa Lot
Lot Size | 40x30
Footprint Size | 38x28
Floors | 2
Layout | living spaces | 8 double bedrooms, 4 WCs, 2 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms, open plan dining & living room, kitchen, 2 entertainment rooms (TV room + bar/music room)
Layout | art spaces | 5 studios (architectural studio, authors' studio, sculpture studio/ workshop, music studio, painting studio), 1 large gallery space, atrium with water surface & sitting / recreation areas
Interior | fully furnished & decorated
Custom Content | no CC

COMPATIBILITY & Credits
Game Version | TS4 Base Game, patch 1.0.677.20
Mods Used | "moveobjects" (link) & "unlockall" (link) cheats mods, created by TwistedMexi
(if you do not prefer to add these mods to your game, the only thing that will happen is that some of the decor and furniture placement will be different than the original)
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:51 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 15th Oct 2014 at 7:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nafSims
However, although the saved file preview shows the house as it is intended to be, when I put it in another lot all the ground floor objects (appart from wall deco and windows/doors) disappear.

I believe this is an issue with TwistedMexi's MoveObjects thing. Turn it off before placing the house, then *leave it off* while refurnishing (if you want to upload it). There was an update where this was supposedly solved, but it wasn't .. maybe got borked again with a patch? I haven't checked for more updates though. -- Edit, I misremembered. That fix was for moving stuff on lots, not for placing lots. I've asked them to include proper directions in their upload description now.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I believe this is an issue with TwistedMexi's MoveObjects thing. Turn it off before placing the house, then *leave it off* while refurnishing (if you want to upload it). There was an update where this was supposedly solved, but it wasn't .. maybe got borked again with a patch? I haven't checked for more updates though. -- Edit, I misremembered. That fix was for moving stuff on lots, not for placing lots. I've asked them to include proper directions in their upload description now.

Thanks for your help! I thought I was doing something wrong, it hadn't occured to me it could have been something like that, although I had read the posts in TwistedMexi's thread. Anyway, with your input I figured it out. All I had to do was to save the lot without foundations, although I have the latest version of TwistedMexi's mod installed, which fixes this issue (maybe it's not working 100%). So, when saved without foundations and then installed in another lot, everything is in their place without turning off the MoveObjects cheat. Thanks again!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:52 PM
That isn't the issue that was fixed in their update. I thought so too, at first, because the wording is quite misleading -- but when you read the comments it becomes quite clear.

Good workaround you found there! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.