Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#13426 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:31 AM Last edited by Keyneky : 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:43 AM.
My first gen is supposed to be a single parent. Her youngest are now halfway through the teen years and I moved her boyfriend in. He came in with about 15,000 simoleons. Am I allowed to keep it or do I need to subtract it from the household funds?

Sorry to hear about your fire. Hope everything is alright!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13427 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 3:13 AM
Haha, Alder. <3 Now, why does that not surprise me? The women, they love him, and who can blame them?

@Misty---Yay! I'm pretty excited about your next chapter, for obvious reasons, lol :P

@mon1496---I hope everything is okay! Once when I was staying with my Grandma, she had a really big grease fire in her kitchen. They had to physically drag me out of the house (I was 10 at the time) because I didn't want to miss the last 10 minutes of General Hospital, the soap. I really loved soap operas as a kid, I suppose it's no wonder that I tend to write soap opera style now, lol I haven't done any alien kidnappings though...well, not yet! lol

I might have an update before Thanksgiving if all goes well. I was irked for a while because pics I took for one scene wasn't going to work because I keep changing someone's hairstyle. *grumble* But I've got it all figured out now, lol Now it's just the editing process, which sometimes takes me forever!

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#13428 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:06 AM
@ Keyneky Yes, you can keep the money they bring in, along with anything else they have on them (things in their inventory). I once even moved my legacy family into their partner's house once they got married (although I had to move out their roommates).
Lab Assistant
#13429 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:20 PM
nice short update:
1.18 and the baby's name is:

I have 2 more updates that I have pictures for just need to write up, but I feel as if i'm fairly caught up to wear i'm at in game (sept a toddler running around scratching furniture, but that's next update.)

the house itself is alright the element , and wiring on the oven is shot though.... and the microwave that was on it, thankfully my stove is separate, so I'm able to cook on that till I can afford a new oven, and microwave.

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Lab Assistant
#13430 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:17 PM
@FutureCarrie? Let me know if you have any luck with updating the list. I appreciate the effort. :D

@mon1496 So happy to hear that no one was hurt and that your house is ok. Hope you get to replace your appliances soon.

~*Keyneky*~

Lab Assistant
#13431 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:42 PM
1.19 AAAAoooooo! toddler so cuuute!

update!

Field Researcher
#13432 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:26 PM
Hi guys, sorry I haven't had an update in a while - I have all the pics just struggling with the writing.

I'm going to be moving this Friday and haven't organised internet at my new place yet so won't be able to get on with the update for a while either.

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Test Subject
#13433 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:51 PM
Found my legacy family, lost the original save so they moved town and got make over yay lol
first post in 8 months
http://dobbinsfamilylegacychallenge.blogspot.com/
hope you like it
Lab Assistant
#13434 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:06 PM
does bonehilda or the butler count as a slot? I know the maid does not, but i'm not to sure about a live in

as for the list did anyone ever get on it and update it? I should add mine to it, but I"m not sure if anyone could get on

also an update:

1.20 teaching the toddler

Top Secret Researcher
#13435 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:26 PM
Have a happy Thanksgiving, guys We're not doing anything special. The usual dinner with the inlaws, then closeting ourselves away from the world while it goes insane on Black Friday. I did manage a grocery store run today without getting homicidal, and that's the last I'll deal with the public until the madness is over, lol.
Test Subject
#13436 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:59 PM
i got to work black friday boooo
Lab Assistant
#13437 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:44 PM
@Margaret Pendragon lucky I got talked into going to bass pro shop and lane bryants that morning to pick up gifts with my mom

@EmmiGator I feel so bad for you where do you work?

Top Secret Researcher
#13438 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:17 AM
oh gosh. working and ::shudder:: shopping on black friday? my condolences, both of you >_<
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13439 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 3:46 AM
I realized TONIGHT as I was talking on the phone with my sister that, despite getting the 20lb turkey AND remembering to already have it out of the freezer for defrosting, I forgot to get an aluminum turkey pan. I hope my small roaster fits this ginormous bird.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#13440 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:03 AM
mcdonalds, but were located right by the mall so i know were gonna be busy, and i usually work 8am-4pm but they have me at 1am-9am. Im gonna be tired
Scholar
#13441 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 11:20 AM
Lab Assistant
#13442 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 2:36 PM Last edited by mon1496 : 27th Nov 2014 at 2:47 PM.
good luck with the turkey, and yah McDonald at those times near here is always crazy (live in Chicago so everywhere is always busy..) I think I could understand the craziness

nice short update:1.21 average full moon night

I"m seriously trying to get 2nd gen started but i just wrote up 1.30 so this might be till 1.35 or longer, and one of the people who was going to be in it died never introduced in any chapter, but he was going to play an interesting part, but now i'm thinking I might introduce someone I create in cas cause i'm thinking of giving suzy a nice resolution

also I got showtime and into the future for a thanksgiving present so I'm not sure how i'm going to incorporate it (I am dying to try the careers in showtime, so i might re-choose the careers in the career gift....

Field Researcher
#13443 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 3:08 PM
I'm working all day today and tomorrow morning. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else!
Scholar
#13444 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 6:01 PM
I'm sitting in class. Cause, y'know, Canadian. I'll be online shopping the second i get home though.

So for those of you who still remember me (Hi new people! I disappeared in September). I'm finally back and potentially able to write again. I'm getting therapy starting Monday for my boyfriend's death and I'm really hoping it helps. Class has finally slowed down too so I might actually have time to write again! Yay!

I've decided to toss out the last two chapters of Gen 2 and move straight into Gen 3 (Delaying the heir vote a bit), and I'll reveal what happened at the end of Gen 2 as the story goes on.

Question though, what do people think of singular side-stories that take up only one chapter? I kinda wanted to tell some stories that won't be in the main story line. Like how Blaine and Kaia lived all these years, how Bayrose and Gator started their affair, etc.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Lab Assistant
#13445 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 6:07 PM
I like side stories it tells more about how u feel about the character

Top Secret Researcher
#13446 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:06 PM
Reya, I'm glad to see you <3

I agree, I like side stories (in moderation, at least). I really like getting to know the background characters, because it brings the main story backdrop to life. But, I say 'in moderation', because there's this one girl I follow (no one here) who does that with almost half her chapters, little sidestories for her spares before they get kicked out. It's so much that it interrupts the flow the of the actual legacy. Or that's just how it seems to me. I admittedly have a short attention span.
Scholar
#13447 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:22 PM
I've seen stories like that, which is why I asked.

I'm usually the kind of person who gives the minimum detail needed (like the fact that Bayrose was having an affair). So I'm trying to see if there's another way to give information that doesn't disrupt the story, like side-chapters.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Lab Assistant
#13448 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 12:21 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates! I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner today. We usually go to my husband's family's house for dinner but since he works in retail he had to be at work at 5:30pm so we had to have an early dinner and forgo the hour long trip to the in-laws. Sadness. Poor hubby won't be home until 2:30 am on Friday and then has to go back to work at noon on Friday. It's really awful. D: On the upside, I manged to avoid food disasters and made a nice spread for us 3. Thankful for being able to spend some time with hubby this morning. Sorry to everyone else that has to work insane hours because of the foolishness that is black Thursday/Friday.

Nice to see you back, @Reya. I like side stories as well but just a few here and there. It gets kind of distracting when every other chapter is a side chapter.

I'm back to playing my legacy since I've pretty much caught up with the screencaps I have. It feels like Gen 1 is going to last FOREVER.

~*Keyneky*~

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13449 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:32 AM
The last of the short chapters from Hanley's POV: Deployment Interlude: Part 3

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Space Pony
#13450 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:38 AM
1.5 - Happy Days

Amazing, I have another chapter ready. I was off today, and extremely bored. I have tomorrow off too, the only things I have planned are to visit a couple people, but I think I may push one off to Saturday before I go in to work, since going up to the hospital will take most of my day.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Page 538 of 676