Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#20176 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@Alpal425 That is easy for you to fix for there bio's are on this post #22 http://modthesims.info/download.php...5#startcomments just copy and paste them in.
It was just overlooked in the finale release.

I know, I pasted it in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#20177 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
Surprisingly, the skin is unlocked but not the eyes. Hence, the asking Thanks for the zip file!

The black glassy alien eyes get unlocked if you're making a Sim with the alien skintone, so using testingcheatsenabled DOES unlock them, you just have to go through another step first!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#20178 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
The black glassy alien eyes get unlocked if you're making a Sim with the alien skintone, so using testingcheatsenabled DOES unlock them, you just have to go through another step first!

Whaaaa...?? Game, what are you doing? I would just get aliens with recessive eyes until I downloaded the file. Hmm. It's a mystery, but one I am not up for investigating at the moment.
Mad Poster
#20179 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:27 PM
Converse, did you have creaturefixes installed? That fixes alien eyeglitches, among other things.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#20180 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:37 PM
Yeppers...I make green, alien-eyed sims all the time in CAS - I like to make some of my hoods with nothing but them and let them "procreate" with the mult-PT hack I have in. So much fun!

Now...here's my (rather silly, I'm sure) question:
I created several alien sims in body shop many moons ago and have the SIMS2PACKFile for each of them saved in a folder...but I can't figure out how to get them into my game, now.
So I went into body shop (apparently thinking I was smart or somethin') and created another one, just to see how it installs it - needless to say, that gave me no help! lol It auto-installed the sim and put the SIMS2PACKFile on my desktop - The file of the sim that it installed is different than the SIMS2PACKFile...so I'm back to square 1.
I have the Package installer, but all it does is tells me to double click on what I'm trying to install and when I do that I get nowhere (it wants to open a window to find out what it needs to use - Google or chrome or one of those) and 7-zip says I'm just crazy cause it can't open it.

It's one of those things where you know that you should know what to do and the answer is staring you in the face...but I'm old and that's what I'm using as an excuse! lol
So...my question is basically: are these SIMS2PACKFiles throw-aways or is there actually a way to retrieve my sims from them?
Mad Poster
#20181 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'll try the mod, and hood checker, and keep making friends. Perhaps Cyjons mod will work if she makes another 20 friends.

I tried making more friends and it didn't help. Since Lili linked the mod, I figured it might be easier to just start over from scratch. So I used SimPE to remove BF/BFE status from every single Sim, and deleted the memories, then re-made best friends with everyone and this time the LTW did trigger. So, while it was some work to restore memories to their right place and all that, the problem is solved now and hopefully won't repeat itself now that I've got the mod in

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#20182 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
How do I detownify skintones using SimPE? I have some in my download folder that I downloaded a loooooooong time ago and I'm tired of them appearing on newly-generated townies.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#20183 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:22 AM
I finally got burgled, but my Sims received no memory of the incident. Also the burglar stole like seven fricking things out the house. Have mercy, my Sims are poor! Is there a mod conflict that would cause there to be no memory of the burgle (such as Cyjon's Fury Initialization or BO's No Trash Memories?) Thanks
Instructor
#20184 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Converse, did you have creaturefixes installed? That fixes alien eyeglitches, among other things.

I checked my downloads folder and I do not. I guess I will be downloading that one next.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20185 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:17 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 18th Apr 2015 at 4:38 AM.
Creature fixes stops any playable vampire biting Mrs Crumplebottom, so a vital mod if you plan to ever have a vampire.

Q. Has anyone ever had CFE not want to turn off? I turned it on to build a garden arbor and now it wont seem to turn off. I use a startup cheat file shortcut, floor on and floor off. I tried using the full cheat and it's still on. I'm wondering if I should reload my game?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#20186 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:40 AM
Do any of a sim's skills enhance mahjong wins? What about poker and llama table games?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#20187 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Q. Has anyone ever had CFE not want to turn off? I turned it on to build a garden arbor and now it wont seem to turn off. I use a startup cheat file shortcut, floor on and floor off. I tried using the full cheat and it's still on. I'm wondering if I should reload my game?

Try turning all cheats off. Especially moveobjects, that one's been giving me some glitches lately.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20188 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:06 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 18th Apr 2015 at 6:18 AM.
I've changed it and put an octagonal roof on it now, which I'll leave as it's probably more practical anyhow.

I do have move objects on, I'll go check.

Edit: I tried a quick test just with shaped floor tile and move objects off and that worked, so looks like move objects was messing it. Thanks Rob! Strange, I don't think I've had that before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20189 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:22 AM
From my (albeit limited) understanding of CFE, it would have to be on the second level one way or another, since CFE'd walls follow the contours of whatever level grid they're on- ergo, if they were actually built right on the ground, they'll follow the contours of the ground (and go flat again if you flatten out the terrain).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20190 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:49 AM
It wasn't wall but fence edging and I tried later with floor tile and they kept their shape (not attached to wall, just floating in mid air) But octagonal roof works just as well really. I'm building an eco garden for this month theme and time is marching on so now that I have that little area with plants all done I am loath to mess with it again. Onto the next 'room'.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#20191 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
@Anoif No, you don't need to use Terminal. I mean, you can, if you want to, but personally I always found Terminal a major pain in the tucchus and it takes longer. Just open up your hard drive icon and look for your username folder. (It's often off to the left-hand side in a sidebar.) Open the username folder and follow the path from there. If it's not instantly obvious, take a screenshot of what you see when you open your hard drive icon -- and artistically blur out any identifying information, of course! I'm remembering the setup on Snow Leopard, which might not quite line up with Yosemite.

@eveysmom I'm not 100% sure, but I know that my business-owning sims lose money paying employees when I'm controlling a playable who goes there to shop (I tend to build businesses as a way of getting rid of excess funds) so it stands to reason that they could earn money too.

Oops, sorry for taking so long to reply[again-ish]! I've been sick the past few days, and the Sims 2 color schemes do not help with nausea, surprisingly.

But, yeah. Hard drive icon? Username folder? Sidebars? Computers? Words? No-no freaking clue.

I am using Finder to find this stuff, maybe there another file program that I need to use to find this stuff?
Scholar
#20192 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
How do I detownify skintones using SimPE? I have some in my download folder that I downloaded a loooooooong time ago and I'm tired of them appearing on newly-generated townies.
SimPE -> open required skin -> Skin Tone XML -> flags

I believe a value of 0x00000000 is townified, and 0x00000008 is not. Same flag/numbers that apply for townified clothing, if I recall.
Scholar
#20193 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
SimPE -> open required skin -> Skin Tone XML -> flags

I believe a value of 0x00000000 is townified, and 0x00000008 is not. Same flag/numbers that apply for townified clothing, if I recall.

Thank you! This is going to be awesome. I've been wanting to spawn a new cheerleader at LFT (the wonderfully crazed Denene is becoming playable) and a new housecleaner (Xavier has had it up to here, I'm starting to feel bad for Aiyana, and Alec has Puddle Issues), but I wanted them to spawn with either a Maxis skintone or one of a small batch of alien ones.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Theorist
#20194 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anoif
Oops, sorry for taking so long to reply[again-ish]! I've been sick the past few days, and the Sims 2 color schemes do not help with nausea, surprisingly.

But, yeah. Hard drive icon? Username folder? Sidebars? Computers? Words? No-no freaking clue.

I am using Finder to find this stuff, maybe there another file program that I need to use to find this stuff?

@Anoif You don't need a file program to find these at all -- just good old point-and-click interfaces. These pictures were taken on Snow Leopard, but from what I've seen of Yosemite, it's not that different. I have edited the pictures to remove personally identifiable information.

Definitions of "hard drive icon," "sidebar," and "username folder."

Where you should be starting to follow the path you're having trouble with

I'm a little surprised that these terms are giving you problems, since you seem to know your way around Terminal, which is much more complicated. It's probably the illness, so get better soon, 'kay?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#20195 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
@Anoif You don't need a file program to find these at all -- just good old point-and-click interfaces. These pictures were taken on Snow Leopard, but from what I've seen of Yosemite, it's not that different. I have edited the pictures to remove personally identifiable information.

Definitions of "hard drive icon," "sidebar," and "username folder."

Where you should be starting to follow the path you're having trouble with

I'm a little surprised that these terms are giving you problems, since you seem to know your way around Terminal, which is much more complicated. It's probably the illness, so get better soon, 'kay?

AHH! I HAVE FOUND THEM!
In other news I m quite inadequate when understanding computer terminology!

In my defense, I looked up a bagaillon tutorials for this for mac and none of them bothered to properly explain what a "path" was, and never that you had to look in the hard drive for them. I guess they assumed that it was likely that you would have done this before?

ahh! Nevermore, I've found them eventually! Thank you so much, Esme, for sticking with me through my inadequate experience with anything relating to a flashy screen with words on it!

For reference, this is what I did:
http://i60.tinypic.com/345zjio.png
Well, partly of what I did, I guess.

Ahh, no but really thank you! You have no idea how much I really need this pictures for a friend, haha.

As a reward, have a picture of Fiona looking quite Jessica-rabbit-y.

http://i61.tinypic.com/4lsqcx.png

Also this picture as well I guess, which I will probably use for my avatar:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2zgb68l.jpg

[Actually, one more question. Will modifying this pictures anyway in the folder corrupt the game? I had to copy the pictures in the folder and move it to the documents, so I'm pretty nervous about that..]
Mad Poster
#20196 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:59 PM
No danger of corrupting with pictures! It's just a .jpg. It doesn't interact with the game files at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#20197 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shuttlegrannyjo
Now...here's my (rather silly, I'm sure) question:
I created several alien sims in body shop many moons ago and have the SIMS2PACKFile for each of them saved in a folder...but I can't figure out how to get them into my game, now.
So I went into body shop (apparently thinking I was smart or somethin') and created another one, just to see how it installs it - needless to say, that gave me no help! lol It auto-installed the sim and put the SIMS2PACKFile on my desktop - The file of the sim that it installed is different than the SIMS2PACKFile...so I'm back to square 1.
I have the Package installer, but all it does is tells me to double click on what I'm trying to install and when I do that I get nowhere (it wants to open a window to find out what it needs to use - Google or chrome or one of those) and 7-zip says I'm just crazy cause it can't open it.

It's one of those things where you know that you should know what to do and the answer is staring you in the face...but I'm old and that's what I'm using as an excuse! lol
So...my question is basically: are these SIMS2PACKFiles throw-aways or is there actually a way to retrieve my sims from them?

You have Sims2pack files, you need clean installer. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950

There was, at one point, a functional tool that shipped with the game that installed these, but it turned file names to gibberish and suchlike, and so very smart and talented programers made a better tool. Install Clean Installer, let it be the default program for Sims2pack files, and that should solve your problem.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#20198 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:03 PM
@Anoif YAY! I'm so glad you found them! Yes, I think most tutorials out there assume you have a certain level on knowledge/experience/familiarity with computer-type things. Some tutorials assume you have a lot of knowledge, etc. And now you know what those specific things are that you didn't know before, so if you have to look up another tutorial, it will be easier. And I'm glad you can get to your pictures now. (throws confetti)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#20199 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:22 PM Last edited by grammapat : 18th Apr 2015 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eveysmom
Sims aren't born witches - however, their parents can turn them into witches once they become teenagers. That is what one of my good witches did with her oldest daughter.

Likewise, wolf people want to turn others into wolves, and the "other" will want it to (and to hear howling) if they are Knowledge.

Shuttlegranny: ... and yes, sim packs of sims (like sim pack of houses) are put in the game by double-clicking on them.Since I have so many, after installing them to my game, I put the simpacks in a desk-top folder (as I do with the lot packs).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#20200 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:18 AM
Is there any way to access the floor tiles that automatically appear along the sides of the road (with the curb) or on top of a foundation? (with the dusty footprints) They don't appear in the floor coverings tab, yet they're standard, basegame material- I'm sure there's gotta be a way to get at them!

Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 808 of 1000