Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 10:49 PM
Default Tajirichi - a new Japanese world
Hey everyone, I'm starting a new world in CAW and I wanted to start posting so you can keep up with what I'm doing. This world is loosely based off of a small Japanese fishing town and so far I have part of the harbor city set up but I'm planning on making more changes. I'm having a few sculpting issues with mountain chains/high hills and making them look realistic but that'll come a little later. I want to play around with town layouts a bit more before I start doing any mountain work so I know what kind of space constraints I have. I don't want to keep you all waiting so I'm going to post a few pictures for you all to see where I'm at.

[IMG][/IMG]

So far I'm probably going to be using each of the expansion packs and the only store content that I'll use is going to be the Japanese packs. Otherwise I'm not going to be using any custom content for this project.

Thanks for reading my first post and I hope I can keep you guys updated as I go along with the project! Wish me luck!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 3:42 AM
Looking really good! I'm also making a japanese-themed world, named Bankenshima. Tell me if you want some help (like buildings, recolors etc.) for your project.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MW_thesism3
Looking really good! I'm also making a japanese-themed world, named Bankenshima. Tell me if you want some help (like buildings, recolors etc.) for your project.

That would be awesome! I'd love that! I'm going to be having the most trouble with hills and mountains. If you need any work done on houses or historical architecture I'd also really love to help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 7:06 AM
Default Tajirichi Update
Just a quick update for anyone that's still hanging around!

I've worked on the layout on part of the town and added in a few neighborhoods and changed a few spaces into community lots. I still have to play around with this part of town but I think I'm going to start sculpting the countryside a bit in the near future. Time for some pics and explanations!

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the layout of the lots on top of the hill in town. I'm leaning more towards making a traditional estate. I was sure to add a lot of foliage so that people in the town can't see into the estate and so that there can be an air of mystery around the family/families that live there. There's one part of the estate that has an awesome view of the harbor.

[IMG][/IMG]

I wanted to give you guys a quick view of what the hill looks like with the concrete barriers and the foliage. I think it'll look great with a bit of traditional architecture poking out from behind the plants.

[IMG][/IMG]

I keep talking about the view and so I thought I'd give you a sneak peak into what I'm talking about. I think it'll get even better when we start adding houses and other structures to the town below.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's an update I did to the more dense part of the town. I added the hospital and a bit more parking, a few small spaces for more vending machines, and I decided to add the school next to the canal that runs through town.

[IMG][/IMG]

These are the new community lots that I've added into the town. They're not in the busiest part of town but I want them to be pretty accessible to the smaller towns nearby. I added the slip rails to the main streets because I noticed last time I was in Japan that there are slip rails on the main streets so~ authenticity I guess.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 4:51 AM
Sorry there haven't been any updates in a while. I'm having trouble with edit in game crashing every time I try and use it. I'm not tech savvy so it's taking a while to fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 2:53 PM
Do not use edit in game. It's extremely buggy.
Instead, make your lots ingame ( in the actual, loaded game, not booted from CAW ). That way you can partially avoid the bugs and crashing that "Edit in game" had. But the actuall game itsef is quite buggy, so I don't promise anything.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Instead, make your lots ingame ( in the actual, loaded game, not booted from CAW ). That way you can partially avoid the bugs and crashing that "Edit in game" had. But the actuall game itsef is quite buggy, so I don't promise anything.

Yes, and then you'd also be able to upload an empty DIY world for those who would like to build their own houses in Tajirichi.
And the fully built version (optional with sims) in a save game.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

A good idea is edit the lots in a save then export them to the world using the In-Game tool. Sometimes it crashes (it's normal), so do this with just three lots per time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 3:24 AM
Wow! Thanks for he help everyone! I'll get back to cracking away at the world and start uploading some more images for you as soon as possible!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2016 at 3:04 AM
Default Update - Urban Area
Hey everyone! I've been playing around for a while with creating urban areas and much more rural settings. I think I'm going to stick with focusing my attention on a huge urban setting, but don't worry! I'll create a few pockets for rice farms, orchards, and lots of greenhouses so your sims have a variety of locations to choose from!

This is just part of the urban area that I'm planning. Most of it is going to be low lying suburbs but I plan on throwing in some shorter pencil towers, a few large office buildings, and plenty of nightlife for your sims to enjoy! I'm going to sprinkle in a few historic structures for you to explore but I plan on making one or two very concentrated historic districts for all of those history buffs out there! As you can see, I have a few buildings that I've already added in but I'll probably show you more of them in a later blog post.

Here is a small detail of an area that I've been working on. Down the Alley from the main road is where I'm going to put a lot of Tokyo style small bars. Your sims will have more than enough choices when they don't know where to go! I plan on making a few apartment towers so your sims aren't just confined to living in small suburban houses or tiny single sim apartments.

http://i.imgur.com/J9sA9FC.png?1

Here is a good example of a mixed commercial/residential neighborhood. There's plenty of entertainment with the Pachinko Parlor and the Karaoke lounge with private rooms. I noted a few historic homes because the rest will be modern suburban homes. I also added in a consignment store here for your sims that like thrift shopping or market shopping. The consignment store will probably be a stand alone building and I'll build a flea market somewhere else in the world for your sims that like to barter. The sake shop will probably be built in an old school warehouse style just to add some extra charm to the neighborhood.

Here's a suburb I'm working on right now. I wanted it to feel just as much a part of Urban Tajirichi as it is a part of the countryside. A few of these I want to be fixer-uppers so your sims can have plenty of fun renovating and updating their own home. I think I'll carry the road up the hill and over into a countryside neighborhood with plenty of rice fields. Hopefully all of the houses, since they're all on terraces, will have amazing views of the city.

Thanks for reading!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th May 2016 at 6:02 PM
Historic temple should probably be a school, and you should probably put the actual historic temple up at the end of that road, in the terraced suburb section.
I also recommend making a small canal with rapids ( because it's going downhill ), merging into the big canal. Crossing big canal with some kind of bridge ( small chinese bridge? ), and smal canal with terrain and path ( or maybe even lot ), putting the fence around it, would look pretty neat. Then you can make that small path connect the suburban/urban area and agricultural area.

Can't wait for the empty version of the world. I want to make lots!
#12 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 5:09 PM
Did you make the world based on Tomonoura, old port town located in Fukuyama, Hiroshima prefecture? Because the feels like it.

Here are some inspiring screenshots of Tomonoura.

http://travelneu.com/tourism/japan/tomonoura
http://jios.pelican-travel.net/hiro...form/tomonoura/
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...ura08bs3200.jpg

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland