Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:26 PM
I'm not sure how 'minor' this is, but I loved autonomous casual romance when I had it on my old computer. My couples were actually acting well, like couples! Actually this thread makes me want to go get it again.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
First the clean house mod (~2000 lines of code), now MoarInteractions (~12000 lines of code) is a minor mod too. At that rate somebody's going to mention twallan's StoryProgression next.

Anything that:
  • Comes in 2 .zip files (or less) with combined size of < 1 MB
  • Needs less than 100 pages of printout for its 'handbook'
... certainly fits the bill to be considered 'minor' :p

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:45 PM
@Buzzler. I hope you didn't get offended when I said your mod was minor. To the layperson outside of modding, I didn't know how many lines of code went into it.

I just meant that your mod does one thing in the game on my end. Every playable can "clean house" as if they had the neat trait. I don't use the mod to clean house and clean up all of the houses in the neighborhood by clicking on a bush and summon unicorns by right clicking on a sim when it's installed.

To me, that one thing it does is extremely useful and makes my playing experience much more enjoyable, but it only does that one thing. Unlike Awesome Mod or Twallan's million mods, my game doesn't suddenly seem totally different if I don't have it. I also don't have to worry about everything suddenly crashing or going haywire if I take it out mid game.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:50 PM
Could someone point me in the direction of the best autonomous romance mod? I remember I had one for Sims 2 and I loved it.
Scholar
#55 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:30 PM
Kewpie: exactly. One of the (many) folders in my Packages folders is labeled "Tweaking mods," specifically for mods that don't completely remake my entire game. They just...tweak it.

Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Could someone point me in the direction of the best autonomous romance mod? I remember I had one for Sims 2 and I loved it.

Twallan's Woohooer mod. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Woohooer Some of the True/False options you can customize ingame are stuff like autonomous flirt, autonomous TFB/Woohoo, etc. As well as choosing who can/can't do it.

Side effect: you can also enable teen woohoo/teen pregnancy and/or risky woohoo with it, but iirc those are turned off by default.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Theorist
#56 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Yeah, I had massive crashes every 2 minutes after installing Pets. Turns out, my Late Night had never been updated. Gotta love FordGT90Concept's patch downloader.

Eh? I thought the Installer automatically Updates your game whenever you try to install a later EP? I never give each Expansion individual updates, and my game runs just fine, unless I have certain mods that aren't compatible with the newer patch.
Scholar
#57 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:25 AM
The installer only checks your basegame and most recent EP. It isn't smart enough to check the ones in between.
This one will: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#58 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:31 AM
Thanks Zoku! Just found out all but ONE of my EP's/SP's needed to be updated! Sheesh! I sure hope my game runs better after these updates!! *fingers crossed*

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Inventor
#59 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:20 AM
I don't really rely on too many mods because I'd hate having to go through my mods after every patch and update them all, but sometimes I like to use:

Enirei's Vampire Mods
Shimrod's No Martial Arts Clothing

As for major mods, I use Twallan's Overwatch, Master Controller, and Story Progression. Without Twallan's mods the game for me is pretty much unplayable!
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
@PoisonFrog - I don't think Pescado will change that and I agree with that decision. It's not so much we want to see the nudity, but the fact that sims look really stupid sitting on the toilet with their pants on. The blur gives the illusion that they are using the toilet like regular humans instead of peeing through their pants like morons. It kind of surprises me, because I never thought of Pescado as someone who cared that much about aesthetics of the game. Since there is a mosaic mod you like better, just use that one. There is no other modder who has bothered to add that nice touch of hiding the toilet animations so I'd like him to keep it.

I'd like a mod that makes my sims drop their pants when they use the terlet.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:40 PM Last edited by zigersimmer : 27th Mar 2012 at 6:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I don't really rely on too many mods because I'd hate having to go through my mods after every patch and update them all, but sometimes I like to use:

Enirei's Vampire Mods
Shimrod's No Martial Arts Clothing

As for major mods, I use Twallan's Overwatch, Master Controller, and Story Progression. Without Twallan's mods the game for me is pretty much unplayable!

EA resolved my patch compatibility issues by deciding to stop making Sims 3 expansions that I would want to buy.

That reminds me, I need to make sure I've got all the patch 1.29 version of Twallan's mods before they go poof.

Scholar
#62 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 9:36 PM
Twallan's Written Word. I love being able to find my sim's own finished novels at the bookstore. It's their little slice of fame without celebrity stars. Also useful from a purely varietal standpoint. You can only take so much "Abstract with Turkey."

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#63 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 7:38 AM
Penis mesh ftw...in conjunction with No Mosaic. ;p
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
3. Twoftmama's "Shut the Flock Up - Bicycle sounds" - This is something so seemingly minor and trivial. I mean, you can't even hear the bike sound. But I recently found out that the sound effect glitches out now and then, causing all of the sound in the game to go silent until it fixes itself. This very minor mod fixes that.

Where am I able to find this?

19 - Female - Australia
Alchemist
#65 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Where am I able to find this?

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...t-the-flock-up/
You need to register, I think.
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:47 PM
Minor mods -
No Intro
HP's Tiny Texture Replacers
Store In Fridge
Only Important Memories
No Mosaic

Mods I didn't know existed until yesterday and now cannot live without-
Overwatch
Master Controller

Seriously - I am so late to TS3 that I had no clue until last night that those mods existed.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:35 AM
Where has this thread been all of my life?

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Kewpie: exactly. One of the (many) folders in my Packages folders is labeled "Tweaking mods," specifically for mods that don't completely remake my entire game. They just...tweak it.

Twallan's Woohooer mod. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Woohooer Some of the True/False options you can customize ingame are stuff like autonomous flirt, autonomous TFB/Woohoo, etc. As well as choosing who can/can't do it.

Side effect: you can also enable teen woohoo/teen pregnancy and/or risky woohoo with it, but iirc those are turned off by default.

You can also enable Near Relations romance, which adds an so much realism to Twinbrook!

Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:07 PM
I'm not sure how many of these are mentioned but :

Dog dig spot - stops them from spawning. Seriously why do we need them dogs can hunt for the items so spawning these just means less we can pick up if we want to go collecting.

Chef's plant - Actually I don't use this much because of the randomness but it's one many people would probably like.

Gym bug fix - why should our train rate decrease at the gym? I can't believe EA hasn't patched this.

Hidden skills unhidden - the first time I used this my jaw dropped when I saw my skills page and all the various skills I had.

Zodiac - birth signs assigned based on which season baby is born. Just a bit more immersion.

Nraas onceread is a must for bookworms IMO.

For those who find Nraas story progression overwhelming or it just grinds their computer to a halt, Shimrods no emmigration mod. Especially if you have a shy, socially awkward, grumpy, and hotheaded sim with commitment issues that takes 3 weeks or more to develop a relationship only to have EAs SP move them out of town.

I guess these aren't "can't play without" mods but they are some that I like that seem to be less overwhelming. The true can't play withouts are the big ones like overwatch and mastercontroller.
Theorist
#70 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 5:48 PM
Not sure what makes a mod "minor", but these are the ones I have that are small file sizes (under a megabyte)

Twallan's NoCD
No Intro (can't remember who made it)
Eat Your Leftovers (also can't remember who made it)
More reliable Moodlet Manager - never Zaps, always Cures (simple XML tuning I did)
Delphy's Breast Sliders
Jonha's Body Sliders
Chin Width Slider

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#71 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 8:13 PM
Blue's "No Coughing While Eating", "No Athletic Gain for Swimming, Jogging", "Guitar Case Replaced with Tip Jar"
Shimrod's "No Attraction Calls for Dates and Mailbox Gifts", "Ask if Single is Friendly"
TFM's "Eat What You Cook", "Eating Cooking Portions Mod", "No Autonomous Computer Games and Chat"
Twallan's "Reletivity", "Overwatch", "Error Trap", and "Once Read"
Delphy's "Breast Sliders"
Buzz's "Clean House for Everyone"
Scholar
#72 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 8:26 PM
Okay, this one was a fairly fresh corpse risen from the grave...
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...t-the-flock-up/
You need to register, I think.

I tried registering this morning, but it still says I don't have permission to view the site. Or the help page. Or my profile. Or to sign out. Do I need to wait for a moderator to approve me?

Smaller mods I can't live without:

-The No Ice Cream Truck mod. That thing is just annoying. It's a good thing sim cars can go through each other; if it did that in real life, it would be blocking the road for hours.
- Plantable Tofu. I've had poor quality tofu before in real life. I'm not THAT cruel a sim-god.
- Various default replacements for skintones, eyes, eyebrows, etc. Also, quite a few of the sliders on the site. Fight the Pudding!
- Before getting the NRaas mods, I had the autonomous romance mod on this site. It was pretty good, though I uninstalled it because Woohooer was a little broader and the mod just didn't update fast enough.
- The retuned attraction system. It works much better than the EA system and is a great litmus for how well a random townie will work as a partner for my sims.
- No autonomous [random stuff]. Like playing computer games when another sim needs to use the computer. Or in the same room as another sim who's trying to sleep.
- The No-Whining mods. Finally, I don't have sims getting out of bed to complain that they're tired! Or abandoning their cooking in order to complain that they're hungry!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 11:32 PM
No mosaic, all my sliders, and everything I've installed from the Sims Asylum. I can't even imagine life without these mods.
Instructor
#75 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 1:07 AM
Page 3 of 4