Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 12:52 PM
Default Australian flora
I've been recoloring several trees and plants to try and make them look vaguely Australian. I'd like some feedback on the plants, or suggestions of any EA plants and trees that could be recolored to look like Australian species.

The first tree is a boab tree, using the fantasy Acacia as a base. As well as recoloring it I also changed the bark pattern so it didn't have that silly swirl. The fantasy Acacia tree is huge but it passes for a very large boab if you pick one of the smaller sizes.
Next tree is the Australian Christmas tree, made from the Bougainvillea tree. The recoloring was a lot of work but I'm not hugely satisfied with it, since the flower outlines don't match the Australian Christmas tree flowers very well. Also I feel like it's a little small. I was thinking of trying to recolor the Rainbow Shower tree instead but it might be beyond my abilities right now, as the color shades are very varied and difficult to change to a uniform orange or yellow.

The recolored Azalea on the left is meant to be a cushion bush. I deleted the flower and leaves image and replaced it with just the leaves image to get a flowerless Azalea. I did not expect to work but it did. The recolored heather on the right is just a generic silver foliage plant with yellow flowers.
Screenshots