Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:51 AM
Default [Work In Progress] Domino Heels with custom height
Hopefully I posted in the right forum this time... Ok, originally I wanted to attach this shoes in my tutorial, but they took more time than expected. I would love to hear your feedback.

The mesh was downloaded from Blend Swap, it was released by Shaw Bikcin under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. I adapted it to The Sims 3 and convert it to high heels.

General Data:
  • Age/Gender: YA, A; female
  • Categories: naked, everyday, formalwear, sleepwear, swimwear, outwear, career, valid for maternity
  • Polycount; LOD1 5560
  • 2 CAS channels
  • 4 recolourable channels
  • Morphs
  • Custom thumbs
  • Compatible with Base Game
  • available as .package (final release will also be available as .sim3spack)
Missing (just for this release, the final version will include them):
  • LOD 2 / LOD 3 (base shoe LODs as placeholders)

Things I already know:
  • They are a little high in the polycount, so if you already have slowdowns in your game this CC won't solve them.
  • Another detail is the UV Map on the feet, I used the naked feet from the base game but after several hours working on them they still show some errors, specially when you use textured stockings, others should look fine.
  • Depending on the animation, and as other shoes with custom height, they can cause clipping and some deformation.
  • The bone assignment needs a little more work, depending of the angle you might see some white dots in the seam between feet and legs.
  • This shoes cause some clipping with almost all pants available in the game, I'm already making some adaptations but I can't commit.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [ywrk] Domino Heels [custom height 4 units].zip (322.9 KB, 446 downloads) - View custom content