Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:32 PM
Default Valley Mountain [WIP]
So I'm working on my first world, a small world for lower end computers. I thought it would also be a good place to do the Isle of the Midnight Sun challenge. Right now I need some feedback about what I've done so far and any advice on placing decorations on the shoreline and at possibly close to or on the mountain itself. At this point I only have a little ground color and some spawners, plus a randomly thrown in ship wreck.

Also, anyone know where the appropriate place to ask for beta testers would be?

My current games :

All expansions except Into the Future
High End Loft stuff pack
Katy Perry sweet treats [I think that's what its called]

Pictures are attached below.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM
i don't know a lot about create a world but you could if you want at a water fall on the mountain as a decoration also you could put sand terrain paint around the island to make it look more like an island

hope this helps
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:28 PM
I would suggest that you use more than just one terraint paint on those mountains, making them look more real. Right now the one paint it's just visually very repetitive.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:25 AM
Valleys DON't JUST have rocks. Look up terrain painting tutorials here at MTS. Same applies for grass. Some patches are darker while others are lighter.

Have you thought of what to put in inside the valley? The only lot for MSC?

And, you'll definitely need some landscape to spruce up the mountains.
The shoreline should be painted with some sand or dirt, depending on the tone you want to go with. Dirt gives you a darker feeling that should go with generally darker rocks and grasses (again, there are still some lighter grasses and rocks, only that the whole atmosphere is "darker"). Sand goes vice versa.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:58 AM
I agree with all what you said, but I think she shouldn't paint the whole shoreline with sand or dirt, just the parts that aren't very steep. It's nice to have some cliffs as well

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com