Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:58 PM
Default Information please :)
Hi,
I have one question. I've posted my question in the Creators Issues forum in last January and again this week, and people came to check my question, but no answer. It really feels like I am speaking gibberish, or something. I'm only looking for information. It's been a few months now and I am getting far into my project. My question is, how does it work if someone wants to post a set of multiple categories of items? For example, Sims, bodyshop content, houses, etc. All about one same theme, all in one same post. How does it work? I've been looking; I cannot find any information about this on your forums, and no one says a word in the Creators Issues, which is why I am trying here.

You have a 'Theme Set' category which logically would be for that use, but it's not available via the Upload Wizard. Which is why I am asking. How does it work?

Thank you.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:14 PM
I think if you upload your items to a specific category, you could ask the upload moderator to move it to the Themed Sets category when it's approved.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM
If you place them all in one set, they might be harder for the downloader to find. I'm a bit curious as to why you would like to do that?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:31 PM
simsample,
Hi, thanks for chiming in!
It's a good idea. So simple, yet I didn't think of trying that. I am never sure of what is acceptable or not when it comes to something that is not part of MTS' guildelines. Thank you!

Volvenom
Hi there. I don't play Sims 3 but I like your Stranda, it looks pretty.
I don't know if you play Sims 2 or if you are familiar with the amazing Theme Sets they have here for Sims 2. For example, if you are making a medieval neighborhood, before you do anything else you can get a lot of content from only 2 of those. They are like, immense treasure chests, and they have different kinds of content, all related to the Medieval theme, which will give your entire neighborhood a good start. I was thinking of doing something similar, but instead of making it revolve around the Medieval theme, I'm making it about another subject.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 8:30 AM
Hi billielith!

If you have a look at this forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=648 . It's the Thread Preparation forum. Basically the idea is that you create a thread in there, upload all the things you want to it, get the post formatting looking good etc, and then when you are ready to go, we'll move it to themed sets, and moderate it as per normal.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi billielith!

If you have a look at this forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=648 . It's the Thread Preparation forum. Basically the idea is that you create a thread in there, upload all the things you want to it, get the post formatting looking good etc, and then when you are ready to go, we'll move it to themed sets, and moderate it as per normal.

Wow, I didn't know this system of post-making. I'll keep your link for when my post will be ready. Thanks so much for being so helpful! :D

dodgy builder
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
b]Volvenom[/b]
Hi there. I don't play Sims 3 but I like your Stranda, it looks pretty.
I don't know if you play Sims 2 or if you are familiar with the amazing Theme Sets they have here for Sims 2. For example, if you are making a medieval neighborhood, before you do anything else you can get a lot of content from only 2 of those. They are like, immense treasure chests, and they have different kinds of content, all related to the Medieval theme, which will give your entire neighborhood a good start. I was thinking of doing something similar, but instead of making it revolve around the Medieval theme, I'm making it about another subject.

Thank you :lovestruc
I did make houses for ts2 as well, I just never got around to uploading them, and frankly they wasn't that great either.

You're a bit secretive and I'm not really willing to embraze the idea. It seems to me the downloader might very well end up with lots of unwanted content. It's your risk to take though, and good luck

You're Game of Throne characters look very similar to the original
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Thank you :lovestruc
I did make houses for ts2 as well, I just never got around to uploading them, and frankly they wasn't that great either.

You're a bit secretive and I'm not really willing to embraze the idea. It seems to me the downloader might very well end up with lots of unwanted content. It's your risk to take though, and good luck

You're Game of Throne characters look very similar to the original

Hi again

I am sure if you have the time you could show your Sims 2 houses to the Creators' Feedback Forum and people would help you find what's missing to make your lots better. You are already really good, from what I can see. I think it would be worth the try.

In the theme sets, the content is separated by type of content and by smaller sets so you can pick and choose what you want and what you don't. My theme set will be mostly a bunch of sims, but there will be other content as well - if someone comes over and doesn't need any sims but likes some of the other content, they can simply download what pleases them. I try to always identify clearly the different parts of everything I upload here because it makes it easier for downloaders to pick and choose, and I plan on doing the same for my theme set.

About my GoT content thank you! For my intention here, thanks but I was not trying to be secretive, I was just trying to keep my post short, lol.
I am a big fan of old school videogames. I particularly love an old nintendo RPG called EarthBound - it is an amazing game which happens in a recent time and it's about a little boy going on a huge adventure. It was made a long time ago - 1995 - but there's a whole nostalgic feeling about it making it relevant even today. It's one of the best RPGs that were ever made because it is so simple and naive and speaks of how the world was not so long ago, before the explosion of the popularity of cell phones. I was thinking of making a set which would allow people to have an entire neighborhood in the theme of that game.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 11:29 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered