Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#251 Old 10th May 2006 at 5:32 PM
Is there a way to assign vertices in Simpe? I'm asking because I have done some pants with the Meshtool, and when the sim walks, the heel and top of the foot ocasionally go through the pants.

Thanks!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#252 Old 10th May 2006 at 8:19 PM
Beyond me. Maybe you should see if unimesh can read your gmdc?
Scholar
#253 Old 11th May 2006 at 12:23 PM
That is possible, but I wanted to keep the bumpmapping intact... thanks for your reply!

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#254 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:21 PM
Nouk, then maybe try smd? I suggest you post a new thread in the main area asking if there is a way to edit an individual vertice's bone assignments by hand using SimPE or some method and explain what you're doing.
The other possiblity is that you relook at how you modified the mesh to make the pants, if you pulled down from the leg, maybe you need to reshape part of the ankle/foot instead.

Btw, in my extensive testing of meshes, like when I make long skirts, or even the poodle skirt conversion I just did -- if I see a flaw, I often double check on a similar maxis mesh -- they have flaws too -- sometimes feet come through the bottom of the long skirts, when they dance and bend their knees a lot (a very lot) the maxis mesh poodle skirt goes through the back of the legs. I figure if theirs does it, and mine does it, it's not a big deal.
Scholar
#255 Old 11th May 2006 at 11:27 PM
About the flaws, that is very true

I allready tried this:
- imported obj. file with meshtool, etc
- exported the gmdc as a .smd file
- re assigned vertices in Fragmotion, wich might support more weights in SMD. It let me assign them, so...?
- imported back to gmdc file, but it had no effect...

But I'll look into starting off with a smd file from the start, see if that matters...probably not.

Test Subject
#256 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:26 AM
;[
Isent SimPE Alfa i thorugh you can give ya computa problems i wish i can make my own mesh but my dad wont let me get SimPE did it give ya computa problems ?
Test Subject
#257 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:55 AM
SimPE shouldent give you computer problems, however it can cause problems in your game.

Im having a problem with mesh tool crashing with the 'Runtime Error 9-Subscript out of range' error message. Im working on my 5th armoire, and its always worked fine, but now after i load the .obj and the GMDC, as soon as i click 'GMDC View", it crashes

I'll upload the files if you need them
Field Researcher
#258 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atomic_hamsters

Im having a problem with mesh tool crashing with the 'Runtime Error 9-Subscript out of range' error message. Im working on my 5th armoire, and its always worked fine, but now after i load the .obj and the GMDC, as soon as i click 'GMDC View", it crashes

I think you get that error if you import a mesh which has a material asigned. You could go back into MilkShape3d or whatever and delete all the materials then export it again and start over with the mesh tool. See if that solves it.
Test Subject
#259 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:02 PM
Oohh...
Thanks, it works now!
Field Researcher
#260 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 7:30 PM
My pleasure. :o)
Test Subject
#261 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 8:33 PM
sorry if this question already came up, but in order do do anything with MeshTool, do you HAVE to have SimPE or anything else?!This is really off topic, but doesnt SimPE take like ALOT of space on the computer?!It soumds like it...and my comp is old (but things work though))) so i don't know if i could ever download huge things...
i don't wanna sound like an idiot but i really need help!...
Test Subject
#262 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 11:35 AM
Hello, I am a new person here. Thank's for the information)
Field Researcher
#263 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:10 PM
Debbi, SimPE uses about 14mb on your hard drive. If you can run Sims 2, SimPE should be fine on your computer. Unless you are a super computer god you need SimPE to make any custom content you can't make with Body Shop and Sims 2 HomeCrafter. The Mesh Tool gets custom meshes ready to be imported into new package files with animations intact. SimPE does the importing - as well as many other things.

Alucarda, welcome. There are some very helpful people here.
Test Subject
#264 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 7:19 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 12th Jun 2006 at 9:46 PM.
Sk?d wzi??? ten program

Moderator edit: These boards require writing in English only, please post in English.
Test Subject
#265 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 6:52 AM
Mage, really?! YAY then...
I got onto the website where people download it (SimPe i mean) and I thought it was a lot more... Does the instalation (or whatever else needed) take more space???Do you know where to get MilkShape? Do you have to have MilkShape to make things?
Quote:If you can run Sims 2, SimPE should be fine on your computer.
Yes, Sims 2 runs but with any expantion packs it freezes all the time. I really don't play it anymore because it is waaay too slow, but I'm waiting to get the computer cleaned out of all the junk, so maybe after that it'll get better. A lot better hopefully...But if it doesn't then there's really no point of having this conversation right now...Never mind.
Anyway Meshing sounds really hard but if my computer gets faster, with all the tutorials on this site (and your people's help, of course) i think i could handle it...
Someone please reply..
Test Subject
#266 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 7:46 PM
Thank u so much.I search and I find!
Field Researcher
#267 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 8:23 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 19th Dec 2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: updated milkshape url
Debbie, here's where to get MilkShape 3d
I use it because I kind of know how but it took me a couple of years and some help to get to where I am now.
I know some good modders who use Wings 3d which I think is free. Also it looks as if they have a manual and some tutorials you can download.
Test Subject
#268 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 5:30 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 27th Jun 2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 1283508, 1283513
Where Do You Get The Tool From!!!!!?????

OHH! o.k so thats how you get this mesh tool
Test Subject
#269 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:33 PM
god...
Mage,
a couple of years?!?!are you serious??? I don't have that long... ...Is it really hard???
oh my god, i just looked thriugh the websites you gave me; there is soo much to download ...damn. It looks like so much space.. ..O.M.(F.)G.
I tink i'll just wait until next year...Unless someone can convince me . But i really don't expect anyone to...
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 5:19 PM
Thankyou very much!

Thats mystery sim in my avatar! I brightened him up!
Field Researcher
#271 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 5:54 PM
Meiow, it's a bit late to answer you but in case you're still wondering you can download the mesh tool at the bottom of the first post on this thread.
Debbi, instead of trying to teach yourself like I did you could download the milkshape tutorial here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795
Test Subject
#272 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 11:51 PM
Mage, oh, so it took you so long because you taught yourself?! That makes sense... So does that mean that if i read the tutorial(s), i will learn faser and t will be a lot easier?...Stupid question, i know, talking to myself...
Anyway, thank you SO much!
Test Subject
#273 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 10:06 PM
does this currently work for macs as well? or is there one somewhere that I can dl to use with my mac version of sims 2?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#274 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 3:38 AM
No, it doesn't work on a Mac. Neither does SimPE, which you'd need. I'm afraid Mac users are limited to recoloring outfits with BodyShop.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#275 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:56 PM
every time i open it up i dont see anything but black and the options are empty (as so it seems) plz help me
Page 11 of 14