Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:58 AM
Default Superior Alloy?
My smith has just finished the Cutting Edge quest, and made a legendary sword... except that it no longer appears in his inventory? WTF?

Anyway, there's new crafting recipes at the forge to make the two swords, but they require Superior Alloy, which he no longer seems to be able to craft.

Is there any way to get the ability to craft this back, or otherwise obtain Superior Alloy?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM
I have this issue too. Anyone have any ideas?
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:19 AM
Sorry for the necro, but has anyone found a fix for this? Just finished The Cutting Edge quest and got a couple of sweet looking sword recipes that require "superior alloy" and divine catalyst to craft. Unfortunately, these only seem to be craftable during the quest, but you don't get the recipe until after completing it XD
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:36 AM
this annoy me too. but no, there is no fix for this (as long as I know). the only way to get the superior alloy is to craft more than the quest ask while in the cutting edge quest.
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:54 AM
Carrigon has a mod which lets you buy everything at the market. I use it because it takes too long to travel around foraging for metals, minerals, and mana.

*This mod has not been updated for 2.0 and might not be compatible with the new patch.*
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:02 PM
I was wondering about this, when I first got the game there was a 50% chance the equipment would be flagged "quest item" and disappear once over (the Cutting Edge quest and the Invasion one), so I would just save beforehand and reload the end of the quest.

Nowadays I can never keep my sword/armor (I think the knight in my first kingdom got to keep the Gobelin armor after the Invasion quest, don't really remember)

Even crafting extra superior alloy and reforging it during another quest doesn't work in my game anymore, the new sword is still flagged quest item and I can't trade it.

I'm probably doing something wrong, because I used to workaround the bug fairly easily before, now I just fail.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
Even crafting extra superior alloy and reforging it during another quest doesn't work in my game anymore, the new sword is still flagged quest item and I can't trade it.

If you're talking about the swords from Cutting Edge quest, and the sword you forge is flagged quest item, then that sword is not the sword you choose from the quest (Galantine & Seraphim or Balmung & Trenfher).

Example : You chose electrum as catalyst, and at the end of the Cutting Edge Quest, you will be prompt with what kind of sword that your blacksmith will forge (wicked or deadly). If you chose Balmung (deadly), the recipe of both swords Balmung & Trenfher will unlocked after the quest, but the sword that you can trade, equip, and sell is the sword that you chose in the end of the quest (in this example is Balmung), and Trenfher will be flagged as quest item because it's not what you chose.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 4:47 AM
Sorry for the bumping this again but in addition to needing to make the alloy on the quest I am now unable to make the catalyst if I am not on the quest and I can only make one while on the quest. And, of course, at the end of the quest my sword disappears and I can't give it to anyone. Is there any way to make, and trade, these swords after the quest is over?