Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:02 PM
this may sound maybe too much impertinent of me since is my first post but i was wondering if somebody could upload bridgeport just with the water on blue color?
i have been reading all the guides for editing premade worlds, but it seems a bit complex since the only thing i want is to change the colour of the water. with the rest im fine, i dont think would worth the headache since im very unexperienced and nooby for programming.
or do somebody know some version of the world that has that kind of edit? ive researched around here but couldnt find any build like that.
dont know why they designed the ocean grey, if looks poluted lol im scared to make my sims swimming on that chrome ocean haha
and thanks for reading my request
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#402 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 10:11 PM
Nilxis has a sky override package, not sure if he did anything with the water. Here's that;
http://www.modthesims.info/d/474904

Just looked at the download, and yes, there's a beautiful pic of Bridgeport.
Test Subject
#403 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 2:07 AM
awww thanks a loooot!! is really beautiful, so odd the sea is pale as the sky but makes sense, thanks a lot for it, its really ideal :D
Field Researcher
#404 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:43 PM
You could also use 'testingcheatsenabled true' with the 'exterminate <number of sims here> ' command (without quotes) to remove sims .
Test Subject
#405 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:50 AM
I am having an issue editing a premade world (why else would I be posting here?). The world loads correctly into CAW and I can EIG, but the changes I make won't remain when I open the world next time. What I've been trying to do is add a road and more lots to a sunset valley clone installed world but when I did CAW gave me a failed to save MSG. When it wouldn't save my changes in CAW I tried to use awesomemod to destroyallhumans but that only crashed EIG. So, then I tried just deleting the households with houses while in EIG, but like I mentioned, while CAW says the world was saved successfully the next time I open the world in CAW, everything I deleted, sims and houses together, are all back. I just updated to patch 1.42. I know twallan's mastercontroller needs updating (my preferred tool) so I tried using awesomemod to no avail. It probably needs updating as well. That exterminate suggestion does not work. What am I doing wrong?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#406 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:47 PM
gibbish001, make sure you are using the latest version of CAW (version 1.18.5).

Also see this:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=492289
Test Subject
#407 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 6:04 AM
I'm having issues. Trying to edit a created world for myself, called Stoney Cross Island. I've tried BOTH options in the original post, NEITHER of them work. Can someone tell me how to ACTUALLY load a completed world in CAW???
Forum Resident
#408 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 7:48 AM
Tell me exactly what problem you're having. I just imported it with no problems. This is the method I use. http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...msg8570#msg8570
Test Subject
#409 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
Tell me exactly what problem you're having. I just imported it with no problems. This is the method I use. http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...msg8570#msg8570

I tried BOTH, like i said, NEITHER of them work. Both gives an error cannot open in caw. I have the newest version of the programs.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/497134.page

How about some help please?
Forum Resident
#410 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'm not sure I can help you. If you are following the directions, I have no idea what could be the problem. Read through them again just to verify you didn't misstep along the way.

Open Caw and create new world. 2048x2048, 300 height.
Save as XXX, and close caw.
Install through the launcher the world you want to take back into caw.
Open s3pe, open the new world you just created and saved in caw, XXX.
Click on: Resources/Import/from package
Navigate to: Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed Worlds/ ______.world.
Click Import, click No on Auto Save
Find the two WPID files, delete both.
Save.............do not do a "save as"
Open the XXX world in Caw.
Test Subject
#411 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:39 AM Last edited by computertech82 : 19th Dec 2012 at 9:40 AM.
I STILL get a canot load file in caw. Could someone change the world: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/497134.page and sent me a saved version of it that can be edited for caw?

Edit: I also accidentally moved the world file and edited it with sp3e. I'm no longer allowed to reinstall the world, only tells me it's already installed, even if i remove everything i can find with the world's name. Impossible to load it now without a complete reload of sim3, and i'm NOT doing that again. I also noticed IT IS REQuIRED to have a folder with the same name with unknown files in it, to even SUGGEST of opening it in caw. So it seems i need the 'allowed to edit' world file PLUS the folder, PLUS the 2 (objects and sims) package for the world. PLEASE HELP!!!!

And question: if opening a new world 2048x2048 300 height, does that force the world you are trying to convert to the extremely large world as well?
Test Subject
#412 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 6:01 AM
Ok. After moving dccache files, it it to reinstall the world. And after ALOT of research, found the CORRECT way to do this:

Create a blank test world in CAW- size large, height 300. Call it Test.world.

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop. Open Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Test.world in S3Pe, and find resources UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E. Right click those, export to file and choose your desktop.

Now you have three files on your desktop, Test folder and the UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E resources.

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport. (Don't put the .world but there, just the name).

Now, open your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World, in S3Pe. Resource> Import> From file and select your two exported resources, UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E, from your desktop. Tick the 'overwrite' and 'compress' boxes in the import dialogue box.

... also in this step I've deleted UNKN 0x296A6258 and WPID 0xF609FD60 Resources.

File> Save your world in S3Pe.

Discard the UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E files from your desktop, we don't need them any more. Also delete the Test.World file from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Put your world file and your world folder, for example Bridgeport.World and Bridgeport folder, into Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Open CAW, and see if your world will now open.

I took all these steps using @simsample's method described above (with one exception I've been working with Egypt.world). :D

Now is the next steps I've took:

Save as (in CAW giving a new specific Name) and exit the CAW.

Make sure you've Game and CAW cache are cleared ( I actually do this every single time )

Open CAW go to File-> Open your world again (the new named one) go to EIG,
in EIG mode select edit town option and save it. Exit the CAW and Clear the cache in game and CAW.

Open CAW go to File-> Open your world again, go to 'global layers' and give the new (yes I know again :D) name, description and the thumbnail picture to your world and save it. Exit the CAW.

Open CAW go to File-> and select the export world option.
Instructor
#413 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 10:55 AM
I agree with you, and I suspect the "edit in EIG" part may be very, very important to get some worlds to work as desired. While it's quite easy to get a world to show up in CAW and to save it there, some worlds simply REFUSE to be exported. I'm currently trying to find a workaround for that as I can't, for the life of me, export my current Egypt.world. I think I'd previously saved the imported worlds in EIG before exporting them in CAW, but EIG throws a major tantrum every time I try to run it since 1.42 -_-

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that those EAxian worlds can be a little tricky to save/export. Someone here suggested that populated worlds containing ghost sims may be the culprit here, which may actually be the thing that saving in EIG first fixes? I dunno. *sigh* Okay, let's try to get my Egypt to work ... for the 50th time today....
Test Subject
#414 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 11:52 AM
Default Importing populated worlds
I'm currently trying to modify Lucky Palms. I can get it to import into the game fine and it works well. My only issue now is the population, I really want the pre existing sims to still be there, is there a way to do this?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#415 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 5:54 PM
Thanks for that, computertech82- I've added a note in post #2, so that others can try your suggestion should they have difficulties.

Alandalf- As long as you don't use a mod to delete the sims, and keep the global layer intact, the sims should be there. If you import the xml file from the original world into your world then the sims should be initialised correctly, too. Bear in mind that if you rename the world and give it a new WPID then the STBLs will not carry over, so you will need to manually rename the sims and lots.
Test Subject
#416 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:45 PM
Hello , I need your help.
I have edited Bridgeport with computertech82's method but when I want install my new world into the sims he is invisible. The installation is okay with the launcher but when i play in the sims i haven't my world .
Can you help me please
Thank you

Sorry for my english i'm french
Theorist
#417 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hi, I have a question:
If I want to change the main texture of a completed hood (grass) into concrete, can I do this purely in s3pe? Like a batch replacement?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#418 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:20 AM
watthieu,
Patch 1.47 fixed this issue, so try it again.

tizerist,
I don't know if this will work, but you can try opening the .world file in s3pe, exporting the texture you want to change, and editing it in a paint program, and re import. Try it and show us some pics. I wonder if the map view will change with the close up view.
Field Researcher
#419 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:36 PM
I couldn't open my world after the new patch so I recovered it following one of these methods. I could open it again succesfully but now, everytime I create a new lot I have the error that simsample mentions in the 4th post.
I've moved a tree and I've sprayed terrain paint in every lot. It looked like it was fixed but when I saved EIG and returned to CAW the error was still there. Does anyone know why it appears again and how to fix it?

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance!
Screenshots

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Forum Resident
#420 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 10:25 AM
Hmm...........

Did you try clearing your cache files?

A few other things to try:
In Caw, delete the lot, then hit the undo button. This will also delete the street address so I copy the street address, delete, undo, paste street address.
In EIG, copy lot to bin, bulldoze and reset lot.
Field Researcher
#421 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 7:33 PM
Thank you so much! It seems to work now

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Theorist
#422 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
tizerist,
I don't know if this will work, but you can try opening the .world file in s3pe, exporting the texture you want to change, and editing it in a paint program, and re import. Try it and show us some pics. I wonder if the map view will change with the close up view.

Hi auntielynds
I replaced around 15 _IMG resources with a more grey replacement. As you alluded to, up close it goes green again.
Any idea how to make it grey close up?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#423 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 10:37 PM
Big thanks thanks thanks!! Made EA Sunset Valley in CAW and now I can edit around and fix etc. YAYAYA! Thank for tutorial!!!
Lab Assistant
#424 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 2:56 AM
Yeah, I see that an issues with mixed textures from previous buildings but I do simple things. I just click lot layer to delete then UNDO which cleared up textures and you can import your buildings back in again. Its easy.
Test Subject
#425 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 5:12 AM
I'm getting a problem that I happen to have 2 WPID files in s3pe...

That's not supposed to happen by any chance is it? I mean, I deleted both of them, but am I supposed to delete the UNKN files?

I want to keep the foggyness of Bridgeport... and if this has be posted already, I apologize. Please link me if this was posted somewhere...

Thanks a bunch guys!
Page 17 of 23