Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Uninstalling the Mod for Installing the Package files
Okay, so let me start out with that I am really frustrated. I started off installing this program into my Sims3 directory - I have deleted it from the Mods directory and deleted the Mods folder thinking it would get rid of the program. I do not see this program, it does not exist. It is not on my computer anywhere. I have deleted it from my recycle bin. This "Framework Setup" is still affecting files on my sims and I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've deleted cache files and I'm still having issues with downloads not showing up even after reinstalling my game. I am running on Windows 10.

I have over 300hours logged on my Sims 3. And I'm afraid to say that if I don't get this fixed, this is enough for me to say screw this bs, I'm done. This is my outlet for stress, I don't work, I stay home and take care of the house and my family. PLEASE help me keep my sanity. Please help me, thank you!

Beckums
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:47 AM
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 11:19 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by how it is affecting your files, but this "Framework Setup" is not a an executive program or mod, it's a compressed .ZIP folder. You need it to be able to use files in .package format in game.

Did you extract what was inside the FrameworkSetup.zip you downloaded (Right-click > Extract Here)?

With Windows 10, you should be able to do that without another program as it supports the .ZIP format, but you could install 7-Zip, a free archive extractor that supports other formats that you may come across, such as .RAR.

Once extracted, you should get a "Mods" folder (with the Resource.cfg file, Overrides and Packages folders inside) and this is the framework you need to place in C:\Users\username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\. Then you place your .package files inside the Packages folder and your mods and other CC should show up in game.

Or is it that there was a time when your CC and mods were working in game and now they're not showing up anymore?