Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by donica : 21st Mar 2016 at 5:57 PM.
Part of mods doesn't work
I have a problem - part of mods doesn't work. Earlier I played with the certain pack of mods and everything was alright (packed through s3pe). Then I installed Any Game Starter and I tested other mods one by one (usually the same what I applied earlier and a few new ones). There were no conflicts, Dashborad also detected nothing wrong. Nevertheless when I launched a game with new mods from my previous save I noticed that Sims 3 isn't loading part of them. When I added - for the test - two new (one "no zzz while sleeping" and second turning off some game sound) only one of them worked. I uninstalled AGS. Somebody has some ideas why it is happening or have some advise to resolve this?

Ps. Old mod-pack after putting it into a game folder still works well.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 7:09 PM
First you probably need to list which mods you are using. They could be conflicting each other.
Also what patch are you on?

IMO the best way to choose mods is by asking yourself "Can I live without this mod?" Anything that doesn't drive you nuts about Sims 3 you should prob not use a mod to change. There are so many things that can go wrong with the game when you add mots it's best to choose carefully
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by donica
I have a problem - part of mods doesn't work. Earlier I played with the certain pack of mods and everything was alright (packed through s3pe). Then I installed Any Game Starter and I tested other mods one by one (usually the same what I applied earlier and a few new ones). There were no conflicts, Dashborad also detected nothing wrong. Nevertheless when I launched a game with new mods from my previous save I noticed that Sims 3 isn't loading part of them. When I added - for the test - two new (one "no zzz while sleeping" and second turning off some game sound) only one of them worked. I uninstalled AGS. Somebody has some ideas why it is happening or have some advise to resolve this?

Ps. Old mod-pack after putting it into a game folder still works well.

Many mods do not work reliably when merged. Do things work any better with AGS and all of the mods as loose package files instead of any of them being packed together?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:05 PM Last edited by donica : 21st Mar 2016 at 9:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Many mods do not work reliably when merged. Do things work any better with AGS and all of the mods as loose package files instead of any of them being packed together?

Combine them into one-two files clearly shortened the game loading time. Earlier I used far more mods (the first pack) but now I decided to check sites (like MTS and simlogical, nraas mod-pack works well before and now) one more time and download only the "most needed" ones. It is strange that after putting two loose mods (not packed) one is working and second no (they are very straight and small files...), particularly when the large old pack is acting properly. So it seems like there is no difference if they are packed or no... but I'm sure they don't conflict with each other too.

The mods which I'm using are for example (maybe I use several more, I dont remember ):
- Interaction on sloped terrain (doesn't work in new pack)
- no stereo effect, no zzz sleeping (doesn't work)
- Minimum Wage (works)
- bye bye zombies (works)
- No Intro with Maxis logo (works)
- Mood Hotfix - painful (works)
- hard to please x3 (works)

So it looks like the mods which are making the game harder and painful are are working great, but the nicer ones no... ^^
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:43 AM
The No Stereo Effect mod might be too outdated if it's the one from 2010 and Interaction on Sloped Terrain has a very long list of potential conflicts associated with it. Dashboard is a great tool, but it's not always conclusive. Can you get these two mods to work on a test game when they are the only two things you have in your Packages folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The No Stereo Effect mod might be too outdated if it's the one from 2010 and Interaction on Sloped Terrain has a very long list of potential conflicts associated with it. Dashboard is a great tool, but it's not always conclusive. Can you get these two mods to work on a test game when they are the only two things you have in your Packages folder?

Stereo effect mod didn't work when I load save, but i tried one more thing - sell stereo and buy a new one, and it started working... I have no idea why, but it is alright for now with this.
Interaction on Sloped Terrain works one time and one time not, I will try to load other map with more "hills" and I will check it once again.
Also irritating mod is no idles (The Annoying Idle Killer or No more annoying idles) - similarly like earlier, one time it works and one time not (usually - not)... In the big-old-mod-pack it works every time - I'm not sure which one is in pack, probably AIK.