Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Custom Paintings are Blank?
Hello all. I'm trying to get back into this game but it's kindof hard. It seems all ; well, some ; most of my custom paintings have turned blank. The ones Sims have painted. There's still a handful that are normal. When I first reloaded the game I think they were all there, so I'll walk step-by-step through what I did:

-Loaded game without mods, didn't save.
-Used SaveCleaner 2.2.
-Brought mods into CCleaner and started loading game from there.
-Loaded game with mods, started cleaning out junk items and trying to declutter house so it loads faster.
-Started saving it as brand new file (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4.)

I don't want to restore 2.1 because I'll lose hours of virtual cleaning. Somebody in another post mentioned this happened after deleting and restoring the .nhd files from World Adventures, but IDK if that works for me since I didn't delete them.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:54 AM
Save cleaner cleans memories..including paintings on wall etc. It is wonderful for cleaning one's game, but this is the downside. You risk loosing images within frames.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:26 AM
Like Rosebine said, it was SaveCleaner v2 that did it. If you don't have a pre-cleaned save as a backup then they are lost. If you do have an older save and wish to clean it without losing the pictures try to get hold of SaveCleaner v1. This one doesn't clean as vigorously as v2 and will spare your paintings and photographs.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:38 PM
Another way to keep them in the game if using Save Cleaner V2, would be:
1. before using Save Cleaner, start the game
2. go into Edit Town
3. evict the Occupants from the household you want to save custom artwork
4. save the house into the bin
5. exit without saving
6. run save cleaner
7. start your game, go into Edit Town
8. find an empty lot with the same measurements of the house with those custom artwork and place a copy of it
9. save the game and exit
10. load up your save and check your artwork in your sims house
11. If you are satisfied, remove that duplicate house, if you wish

I would suggest doing this method even on V1 of Save Cleaner, so you have a copy if something fails.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 5:54 PM
Oh man; so my 2 choices are revert to an earlier save game (losing all that cleaning time), or just make do with the paintings that are broken.

I saw a Tutorial before, I'll have to look for it later tonight, but: Could I use S3PE to find the paintings in the earlier save and export them somehow? Ifso, maybe I could make a mod with the custom paintings or something.. They wouldn't have the same $ value, but at least it'd be the same image..?

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 6:05 PM Last edited by stevset : 29th Mar 2016 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
Oh man; so my 2 choices are revert to an earlier save game (losing all that cleaning time), or just make do with the paintings that are broken.

I saw a Tutorial before, I'll have to look for it later tonight, but: Could I use S3PE to find the paintings in the earlier save and export them somehow? Ifso, maybe I could make a mod with the custom paintings or something.. They wouldn't have the same $ value, but at least it'd be the same image..?

If you have an earlier save and between then and the current cleaned save, nothing has changed, due to artwork. Load up that save and follow the steps I posted.

See if adding a copy of the house somewhere in your Town can correct the artwork in your current home, if you haven't already cleaned out the empty frames.

EDIT:
To elaborate what it does, the frames that hold such custom artwork is matched to a certain ID referrals (0xwithalotofnumbers), since Save Cleaner does rigorously cleans up Images in your save files, the images of the frame ID referrals are gone, making them empty.

When you save your House (empty) into the Edit Town Household BIN, all is kept tucked away in that save for safe keeping. By placing the copy from the Edit Town Household BIN back into your cleaned save file, the images that matches the frame referrals ID are back in your game, by saving/exit and restart, you give the game time to re-search and match the referrals to those empty frames, making them visible again.

So if you haven't removed those empty frames they should then be fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 9:08 PM
How very frustrating. I followed Stevset's instructions (twice actually, because the first house I cloned was from 2.4 gamefile which had been SaveCleaned ergo blank canvassed).

Most of the paintings are now back to normal, no longer gray. But the 2 or 3 paintings that hadn't been affected? Now they're gone. But I still have the cloned house in the bin with all the original paintings .. I'll keep plinking away, I think it will eventually work out.