Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 6:54 AM Last edited by bigirish2003 : 16th Aug 2007 at 7:39 AM. Reason: all image
Default Refrigerator Recolor
Hello all...

I have base game only and was trying to do a recolor of the EconoCool Fridge so it would appear to be just a wooden cabinet for a family that lives off the land and eats veggies.

Everything has gone well, I did the texture board by board and all, and it appears to be fine except there is a grill on the front under the door. It doesn't appear in the texture map that was created by Wizards of Simpe. I don't want it there and am hoping that a more experienced creator can give me advice on how to proceed.

I know I haven't added a picture. I forgot to take one. I'll edit this post and add one soonest.

Just had a last minute thought. Perhaps I may need to redo the mesh to remove the grill? I am willing to do that if it is the right thing to do.

Edit: Here's a picture...

I just noticed the little emblem in the upper right-hand corner of the door. I also need to adjust some of the boards as there are still gaps. And of course some of the boards are uneven on top... sheesh.

The texture didn't show as well in the screenshot as I would have liked. Maybe it is the host...

Thanks in advance friends...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 3:07 PM
The grill at the bottom is on an nonrecolourable part. In order to change this, you can clone the refrigerator, give it a new guid and change the grill image on the fridge_interior texture.

Hope this helps
Becka
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 6:02 PM
Hi scarred811. Thanks for responding...

So the grill is actually part of the texture for the innards of the fridge? I didn't think of that but it makes sense...it allows the grill to be set back from the door.

I suppose I would have to mess with the mesh for the door itself in order to lengthen it to the floor. I have to try to get rid of that pesky emblem anyway, but that is a project for later.

Good advice. Thanks...