Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 4:05 AM
Default Texture for dressers etc.
I really need help with this, been looking for answers for 2 days straight now!
When you're making a new mesh of a dresser or a bed or whatever, how are you supposed to texture it? I mean, if you look at the texture from the clone, it's divided up in to different parts, like the texture for beddings. What I dont get is how to make a texture like that myself, from scratch, if I've made a new dresser. I know how to make a texture if it's only in one part, like in that new mesh making tutorial by Munchkin_brat. I just dont know where to put what when there's more than one part. Cant seem to find anything about this on the net...God I hate beeing a noob!! lol Anyways, if someone could help me out I'd be very grateful.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 4:44 AM
You can find many recoloring templates in the templates subforum under this one, they will help you figure out where everything goes. Besides that, you're just going to have to try it out and see how it goes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 11:35 AM
OOOHHH, so that's what they're called! lol thanks alot!
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:35 PM
Also there is a very good uv_mapping tutorial here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79954

It shows you how to arriange where on the texture image your parst will get their texture.
Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:53 PM
Hmm, I completely misread the post the first time around. Somehow I thought they were looking for how to recolor existing dressers, but obviously it's a uv-mapping thing. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks, Dr Pixel .