Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 10th May 2005 at 5:30 PM
ok, what does this mean please
"Run-time error '481'
Invalid picture"
I get it when I try to load my mesh in 3d view or if I load the mesh first when I try to go to 3d view. I made the mesh in the usual way in Milkshape 3d. It is a chess table.
Advertisement
Banned
#127 Old 10th May 2005 at 6:17 PM
will there be a version of meshtool which supports all formats
like maya
and other
cos when i make a mesh in maya
meshtiool cant read it
Field Researcher
#128 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
If you remove the textures from the mesh in milkshape before you export it as a .obj file, and that error should go away.

Thank you so much. That worked like a charm.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 26th May 2005 at 1:00 AM Last edited by windkeeper : 28th May 2005 at 1:40 AM.
*Edit* Figured it out! I missed the part that the new mesh should be devided into groups. Everything works now, thanks!
Test Subject
#130 Old 30th May 2005 at 3:03 PM
Hi. Many thanks to Miche for his time and effort at developing this fine tool--I'm looking forward to using it.

I'm a beginner at all this, but very excited to learn it. By following BriAnna's excellent tutorial, I've been able to extract an .obj file from a .package file using SimPE and have imported it successfully into Blender. A bit of a blocky image, but I guess we want to keep normals faces and vertices down, don't we?

However, I saw no skeleton. Or bones. Or anything that might faintly resemble that sort of structure.

Does this mean that I can't edit the obj and use it in Sims 2, especially if I want to add a vertex or two?

Cheers,
*~*Robyn

To dream it is the first step towards realization.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 31st May 2005 at 11:43 PM
Hi, I have now made several objects (chess tables, aquariums an armoire) successfully with this method and I'd like to thank you again for making it possible. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to make an armchair with the bounc-in-the-seat animation when a sim sits. The chair I cloned, Armchair by Club Design has only one group that isn't a shadow and it has no sub-groups so I'm guessing I'd have to have the original vertices from the seat in my mesh, but even then is it possible?
#132 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 6:47 AM
I downloaded this tool, SimPE, milkshape3d, I want to make the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars characters, I worked before with 3dMax, but this is my first challenge, because I just buy Sims 2 today, what is firts, someone want to help me please
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 10:09 PM
Can you only mesh objects with this tool or can you create body/ clothing meshes as well..if so, can you tell me how?
Test Subject
#134 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:17 PM
Hi. I haven't downloaded the MTS2 tool yet but I want to know if it can mess up your computer. I need anyone who has had problems to tell me if it will be ok if I could put it on my computer. Please
Test Subject
#135 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 4:13 PM
Ok. I have a question. If I see a mesh such as a hair mesh, how do I put it into the game? What I want to ask also is do I need a 3D program in order to put that hair mesh into the game? If so why because I don't want to edit anything I just want to put it on the game. Thank You anyone who replies.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 7:51 PM
Default where do you place the mesh tool when downloaded
I am so very new to this but can you tell me where to place the file after downloading it? I want to try to make an object. And where can I find imformation on how to use it?

Thank you so much
a head of time
#137 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 3:16 PM
I'm VERY new to meshes and stuff and know nothing about it. I haven't find a tutorial that explains how to do and all that when you're as new as I am. I was wondering, how I can edit meshes ... at all. Like a mesh from the sims2, how do I edit it? What kind of file is it, and where can you find it?
Test Subject
#138 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 9:40 AM
I've read your tutorial and also 2 others concerning object creation and I'm having a heck of a time packaging my object for the game.

Every time that I try to import an .obj file with the mesh tool I get an error (runtime error 9 subscript out of range). I'm not sure what that refers to but I tried using 2 3d programs milkshape and maya (just in case) and attempting to import objects from either program gives me this error and shuts down the program.
Test Subject
#139 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 1:47 PM
can someone help a newbie?
so i really want the mesh tool but, everytime i follow the link i get all the way to download screen and it comes up this page can not be displayed and now that i was thinking about it i tried to download meshes the other day and this was all i got! i thought maybe it was my privacy/cookies settings but i turned them nearly completly off and still had this problem. what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance!
#140 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:33 PM Last edited by sirb : 20th Jun 2005 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Attachments wrong order.
Weird problem...

Using SimPE 0.40.1992.25042 and this latest version (only one I've tried) and it's dying my friend...

I'm following WDS BriAnna's tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...92&page=1&pp=25

When it comes time to extract the object and then replace the GDMC, the problem manifests itself.

The preview looks like the first attachment. I then export the object, export the GMDC, load the Mesh Tool, select the object (unedited), select the GMDC (unedited), save it, import the result over the GMDC, and then preview and it looks like the second attachment, rotated automatically. This leads to the model laying that way in game.

Any clues as to what's going on?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#141 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:18 AM
Has anyone seen a tutorial on the new internal mesh importer in the new SimPE?
Everything I've tried to make with it has turned out wrong and I need step by step instructions for dummies.
#142 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:20 AM
Mage: If you find one, post the link here, because I've tried and tried and I almost feel like the thing is broken.
Systemic Anomaly
#143 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:24 AM Last edited by jase439 : 21st Jun 2005 at 1:35 AM.
You cannot use the import/export features of SimPE 0.40 with the mesh tool. You'll need to download 0.35b and use Delphy's Export OBJ functions that ships with that version of SimPE if you want to follow the step-by-step procedure outlined in BriAnna's tutorial and use Delphy and Miche's mesh tool.

If you want to use SimPE 0.40, I suggest you use Milkshape and Wes_H's milkshape plug-in for import and export. I hope Brianna updates her tutorial to take advantage of some of these newer tools. These newer tools are much more robust in my opinion. The mesh tool was good in its day, but getting a bit dated - still useful for someone starting out though.

EDIT: It may be possible to change the vertex ordering from XZY to XYZ and get this to work, but from what I've seen SimPE 0.40 produces a slightly different OBJ output format than what Delphy and Miche's mesh tool is expecting - so it may still barf on you. I was never able to get SimPE 0.40 and the mesh tool to play nicely with each other, but had no probs with 0.35b.
#144 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:47 AM
God damn..... 10 hours mucking around on and off with this and I finally find out it's not me!

Thanks Jase, you're a life saver.
#145 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:58 AM
atavera, you're a scholar and a gentleman.... thank you...
Systemic Anomaly
#146 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 2:08 AM Last edited by jase439 : 21st Jun 2005 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sirb
God damn..... 10 hours mucking around on and off with this and I finally find out it's not me!

Thanks Jase, you're a life saver.
FWIW, the XZY-->XYZ thing worked for me in getting the model oriented correctly, but my normals and UV's seemed to be completely thrashed after trying to import via the mesh tool. The sim basically "exploded" in body shop. I think Delphy/Miche's mesh tool is very sensitive to the layout of the data - and the OBJ format is subtly different in 0.40 than what is produced by 0.35b. The same mesh exported from Milkshape using Wes_h's plug-in (and then imported back into SimPE) produced correct results.

Your mileage may vary
#147 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:46 PM
hi im new here and i downloaded the Mesh program and its saying that the application failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. What does that mean and what should I do?
#148 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:08 PM
Means you should get the DLL. Google my friend.
Systemic Anomaly
#149 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katdawglover90
hi im new here and i downloaded the Mesh program and its saying that the application failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. What does that mean and what should I do?
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;290887
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#150 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirb
Weird problem...

Using SimPE 0.40.1992.25042 and this latest version (only one I've tried) and it's dying my friend...

I'm following WDS BriAnna's tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...92&page=1&pp=25

When it comes time to extract the object and then replace the GDMC, the problem manifests itself.

The preview looks like the first attachment. I then export the object, export the GMDC, load the Mesh Tool, select the object (unedited), select the GMDC (unedited), save it, import the result over the GMDC, and then preview and it looks like the second attachment, rotated automatically. This leads to the model laying that way in game.

Any clues as to what's going on?

I`ll try to have a look into this, I rarely get any free time to do anything lately. So I`m so out of touch with what has happened with SimPE and anything else sims related.

It's going to take me some time to catch up (if I get that time) and find out what the state of SimPE and any other tools are at.

To show how out of touch I am, I don`t even know if anyone has made an animation tool yet... when I still had free time and was working on decoding the animation format with Wes and Datafarmer, we believed we were quite close to understanding it and I had made a few new test animation.
Page 6 of 14