Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 11:23 AM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:19 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Help needed - hiding nhood deco from lot view
Hello.

I'm having a bit of struggle here - I placed a neighborhood deco object, a "water overlay" which is a big semi-opaque object that covers the entire neighborhood map, and placed under nhood water gives a much more appealing visual effect.

The thing is, such objects are a huge hassle to place. Once placed, they tend to leave messes behind, an example is the shoreline in neighborhood view:

Much to my surprise, the object doesn't become invisible upon entering lot view. Instead, it's exactly the same situation as from the neighborhood view (read: the entire beach is flooded):

Changing the altitude of the object from neighborhood view cannot be done, at least not in my case; if it's lowered, it will cause visual tearing and flickering when moving the camera, because it's placed exactly on the water's surface, and the game has a problem displaying that. Further lowering the altitude results in the object sinking completely into the ground, making it invisible.

The simplest solution would be to make the object disappear - make it invisible - in lot view. Such objects already exist; examples are farm fields from base game (Veronaville). If the fields are invisible in lot view, why wouldn't these (much bigger) objects be as well?

However, I cannot seem to find a value for "is visible in lot view" or something among those lines in the object's .package file.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 23rd Jan 2016 at 7:39 AM.
@DJ.
I have potential solution for this problem but I'm not exactly sure whether it will work or not.

But you could try it at least...

1. Open the neighborhood deco object package that you want to hide from lot view in SimPE.
2. Then go to 'Plugin View'
3. Click on 'Neighborhood Object XML (XNGB)
4. In the CPE Editor, find removeonlotplop (dtUInteger)
5. Change the value from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001, commit your changes and save the file.
6. Close SimPE and open up the game. Is it hidden in lot view now?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:42 AM
I'm afraid the value you're describing just tells whether the object should be deleted once a new lot is placed over it, sort of like when you place a lot over deco of trees, the trees disappear. Thank you for the help, though.

I've tried renaming sort (dtString) (in the XNGB) from "landmark" to "effect," and "effects," but every time, it gets sorted under Flora. Even by setting the string to "flora," it gets sorted to Flora - I was thinking that maybe Maxis swapped the two categories. (My goal is to put it in the same catalog sort as the farm fields, which are invisible from lot view, so maybe that will do the trick. But it just won't go to the said category!)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:26 PM
Try comparing it with the field object. Maybe there's a category that needs to be changed, so it's hidden from lot view.

Have a look in this thread. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=513088

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr