Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#15751 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:56 PM
I'm back with a new chapter, after almost two months.

1.5 Worry and Joy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15752 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:12 AM
I feel like I haven't posted an update in forever! But here's one, finally: 9.10 "Poisoned Apple"
Lab Assistant
#15753 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM
5.17 Feast

A short, simple chapter where the entire family gets to meet again. And Neda tries her hand at dating.
Test Subject
#15754 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:14 PM
Another chapter, I'm taking advantage of some days off from work to play.

1.6 Family
Scholar
Original Poster
#15755 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:04 AM
I decided to start a second legacy blog! Goldbeard RLC will still update along with this one, no worries.

1.1 Sul Sul!
Lab Assistant
#15756 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:09 AM
I love your new blog, Becky! Eagerly anticipating some nooboos :D

I've got a new chapter up too! It's a little on the short side because I had to cut it in half. :0

Gen 8 Ch 6: Going Green
Instructor
#15757 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:17 PM
Holy buckets am I behind on reading. ;-;

Work has been bonkers, etc., etc. I'm sure you all are aware that my life gets out of hand sometimes. XD I have a couple of projects I'm working on right now, but I'm hoping to have a day off this week so I can catch up on reading!! I miss you all! <3 <3

Lab Assistant
#15758 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:55 PM
Owly!!! Miss you too! Life in general does tend to get out of hand, but it's always good to know that missing RLCers are still alive ;D
Scholar
Original Poster
#15759 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
Yay! Owls hasn't left us. I knew she wouldn't. <3
Lab Assistant
#15760 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:45 PM
Ahhhh!

Sorry, I had to deal with health issues, but I am back (for now) with a new chapter: http://toolsieplaysthesims3.blogspo...ersion-two.html

It's short, but at least Gen Three is on the way now.
Instructor
#15761 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 5:37 AM
I could never leave you guys! <3 Especially since I'll have a ton of free time coming up in about a month! And it looks like I'll have Thursday off for reading and being awesome. 8)

So a quick note, for the purpose of transparency--I had to reinstall my games because a thunderstorm fried my computer. My husband fixed it AND saved the Bees (I think--I haven't tested ALL my saves yet, but I'm working on it), but it reset everything including my age span. So I'm kinda breaking the rules because I think I set the age span higher (I don't remember what it was at, but it was pretty high so I set it to the longest possible for everything except babies). I figured it's no big deal, but I wanted to rant and rules seemed to be a good vehicle for that. XD

Also, I uploaded Karl to my tumblr, just in case anyone other than Annie wanted him.

Lab Assistant
#15762 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:57 AM
Phew! Good thing Mr Owly is a computer whiz and saved the Bees! O_O And they got some additional days of life out of it, which sounds like a win to me tbh.

Thank you so much for uploading Karl! I promise to feed him and walk him and clean up his messes <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#15763 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:08 PM
Ouch! I'm glad all of your saves are okay! When I saw the tumblr post about a fried computer I somehow thought it was a repost and someone else's computer got fried.

Anyway, bad April 1st joke was bad. So here's the real chapter: 1.1 Haze of Sunset
Lab Assistant
#15764 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:35 PM
I am back with a new, slightly bittersweet, chapter: Chapter 2.3 - Of Death and Face Clones
Lab Assistant
#15765 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Big Mud : 4th Apr 2018 at 1:41 AM.
I've been unexpectedly lately, and my save file keeps crashing, so Chapter 2 is out earlier than expected. Short one again, hopefully when my frustration wears off I'll have more screenshots to share with you all

Chapter 2: Finding and Getting People to Like You

Edit: Good to see you back Owl face!! Glad your sims are doing OK

Call me Mud, if you like.
Lab Assistant
#15766 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:54 PM
Yay, welcome back Owly!
Field Researcher
#15767 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Marcy : 5th Apr 2018 at 12:47 AM.
Aaaand two whole months later, here I am with an update!

2.45 All is Well

EDIT: While updating my other asylum blog, I got really nostalgic for the legacy that led to one of the sims in that blog and decided to make a proper blog for that family too... I've put up all the chapters I have written out, I'll just link the first and last one here. There are 12 in total so far!

1.1 Just so

1.12 Glacial
Field Researcher
#15768 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:20 PM
Hi all, good to see you- checking in as the week's been crazy and I can't get into my game let alone update (my awesome brother set up a raid array so even thought I lost a hard drive my pc is still up and running right now, just too slow!) Sparrows are fine and all, but I nearly lost everything, thank God for brothers! <3

Good to see Owly, I'll be reading along with updated from you all once I have a second to breathe!

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
Original Poster
#15769 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:46 PM
Glad to see you able to post again, Marcy!

I have new updates as well.

Goldbeard RLC Chapter 139: In-Between Places

Lawful Chaotic 1.2 Kyoto My Heart
Lab Assistant
#15770 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 9:32 PM
Yay for double updates!! So much reading to do <3

New chapter is up, this will be the last one before I do some serious game maintenance. I have already planned out a chunk of my weekend devoted to it, lol.

->>Chapter 3: A Strange Request

I also have a question for those of you who blog plot-heavy chapters. Do you guys do most of the story stuff in a separate save? What's your method? Also, any tips anyone might have on organizing your saves would be much appreciated. ><''

Call me Mud, if you like.
Field Researcher
#15771 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Marcy : 5th Apr 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Another update for the Silverlys due to a huge backlog of material (a whole 4 generations )

1.13 Pretend to be Decent

EDIT: @Big Mud

Depends on what kind of scene I'm going for. All of my current story for the Winterlys in Bridgeport is in a separate save, so were pose-heavy chapters or anything that required me to make a set (like the police station). But just for plot related to relationships between characters (like fights, friendly interactions, romance) I keep it in my main save.

As for organizing the saves, I just give them self-explanatory titles, like Bridgeport Pose Save.
Lab Assistant
#15772 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 2:40 PM
Chapter 2.4 - Birthdays and Ghosts, Oh My!

I am back with a new chapter, mainly because I am still lacking on the job front. BUT, I do have a job interview on the 12th, so that's good :D
Instructor
#15773 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:00 PM
Is there any restriction on lotto tickets? Cuz I bought one on a whim during my first day and won 50k, lol. It seemed crazy cheaty so I put 90% of it in the bank and I'm playing it like she's getting a 10% allotment every seven days instead of a lump sum. I didn't see anything about it in the rules though...
Scholar
Original Poster
#15774 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:08 PM
@orose

General rule #4: It is intended that your sims ONLY make money with the activities outlined in their career roll.

Under the spoiler are the exceptions and clarifications. Lotto ticket isn't on there. So no, your legacy sims may not purchase lotto tickets if you are strictly following the rules.
Instructor
#15775 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
@orose

General rule #4: It is intended that your sims ONLY make money with the activities outlined in their career roll.

Under the spoiler are the exceptions and clarifications. Lotto ticket isn't on there. So no, your legacy sims may not purchase lotto tickets if you are strictly following the rules.

Thanks for clarifying! I wasn't sure if things that were excluded from mention were free choice or not. I think I'll just delete the money then- I'm only just starting the challenge.
Page 631 of 676