Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:08 PM
I think it's just an illusion to make you feel like your Sims have extra special, individual identities.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#52 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
And I'm not entirely sure about the favourite food thing either.
Favorite foods cause your sim to have a greater chance of choosing it when making food, but otherwise provide no real benefit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#53 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Favorite foods cause your sim to have a greater chance of choosing it when making food, but otherwise provide no real benefit.

I thought Sims experienced a more satisfying meal (in terms of moodlet points, not satiating hunger) if they ate their favorite food.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#54 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 7:56 AM
Nope. Interesting idea for implementing, but not how it works by default. The only effect favorite food has is that the sim has a slight bias towards choosing it automatically, and does a silly animation while eating it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
So how do I decorate a house in spiceberry when I can't select that specific colour?
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/i...hp?topic=1433.0

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#56 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NickeyElysse
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/i...hp?topic=1433.0
Are these hex codes actually somewhere in the game files? I ask this because I found several differing lists in various places and they all claimed to have been extracted from the game files. Which makes me wonder why now I have three different hex codes for pink alone.
Eminence Grise
#57 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM.
I'd just like to point out that since it is now fairly conclusively established that "favorite color" has no effect whatsoever in the game, there's no reason to think that there IS even a single "correct" hex code for "pink"

Not only that... even if you use an eyedropper tool in a graphics app to select the swatch as it shows up in CAS from a screenshot, and determine the hex code that way, the swatch is not flat... it is a diagonal gradient. There may be no two pixels in it which are exactly the same color..
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st May 2016 at 10:01 PM
I personally believe that it just adds a little more of a personality or character to the sim you create. Some simmers (me) enjoy thinking up backgrounds for their sims and it just adds to a little bit of extras into the character. If that even makes sense.
dodgy builder
#59 Old 21st May 2016 at 11:43 PM
You should have read the warnings and rules before nekroing this ancient thread
Scholar
#60 Old 22nd May 2016 at 5:12 AM
Like patient confidentiality, I find the rules against thread necromancy - threncromancy - a grievous violations of my rights to free speech. Nah, i'm just forgiving over this because I'm as #blessed as a white teen girl on Instagram during pumpkin spice season to see a J. M. Pescado post.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
#61 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:44 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 24th May 2016 at 5:15 PM.
Everytime there is necro'd thread, I learn something new from informative posts of that thread. Seriously.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Page 3 of 3