Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:27 PM
Mod?
Not sure If this applicable to ask for a mod (the slogan only includes to ask for CC), but I'm looking for the following mods:
1. A new object/interaction that allows to adjust an individual sim's career schedule, when (/at what hour) he/she can start working and leave the job.
2. A something that allows to change how the job is percieved: hard to explain, but is there any way to change the logo and the career's and its track's title to another career, which lies about ? Even its only changing from "Employee" to #something.
3. Sims that work in an owned business (but do not own it), should be able to choose to enter their workplace or disappear of-screen as usual, via message box promt.

Thank you for reading and in advance for the answer you gave.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:38 PM
For the #2, here's an example: Let it be my sim (that doesn't exist yet) is working as an chief in a owned community (Open for business), but the job panel shows he is working as an "employee". I want to change that, so instead of showing that he is employed it should show that he is in the culinary career, and with its respective: career rank, schedule, required skills and ect. I think you already got the idea.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:06 PM
So far as I know, what you want is impossible.

For #1, as I understand it, work hours are hard-coded parts of careers and can't be changed. I believe that you could, however, clone the Maxis career and create the same job just with different hours. (There's a tutorial for making custom careers lurking around on MTS in the Tutorial section.) In that sense, you could theoretically make a custom career for each Sim you play, but then you'd have a crapton of careers and they would, for instance, clog up the career openings options in the newspaper/on the computer.

For #2, I don't think the "Employee" career is an actual career in the usual sense. It's just the "career" that's given to Sims who are employees in player-owned businesses. You cannot assign a regular career to an employee Sim. It might be possible to change the text descriptions of this career, if you can find it in SimPE, but then every employee Sim would have that same "job." So far as I know, you can't have multiple "employee careers."

For #3, sorry but it doesn't work that way. The only way an employee Sim can enter the owned business they work at as an employee is when you are playing the owner of the business and the employee is called into work. Otherwise, I believe they can visit it as a customer but not as an employee. The employee career exists so that when you play the employee Sim, they have a job to go to and don't just stay on their home lot all the time. You just have to pretend that they're off working at your other Sim's shop or restaurant or what-have-you.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
For #1, as I understand it, work hours are hard-coded parts of careers and can't be changed. I believe that you could, however, clone the Maxis career and create the same job just with different hours. (There's a tutorial for making custom careers lurking around on MTS in the Tutorial section.) In that sense, you could theoretically make a custom career for each Sim you play, but then you'd have a crapton of careers and they would, for instance, clog up the career openings options in the newspaper/on the computer.

You could also not change the GUID and have it overwrite the EAxis career.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
For #2, I don't think the "Employee" career is an actual career in the usual sense. It's just the "career" that's given to Sims who are employees in player-owned businesses. You cannot assign a regular career to an employee Sim. It might be possible to change the text descriptions of this career, if you can find it in SimPE, but then every employee Sim would have that same "job." So far as I know, you can't have multiple "employee careers."

I wonder if that employee/employed career would work for that? The one that's designed for bysiness-owners so they don't show as unemployed

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:40 PM
iCad, for #2 here's how I want or imagine hoow it should be: If that sim gets hired, it shouldn't join the "employee" career track. That way, my playable real estate could hire that sim without him "forcefully" applying to the employee career and that hired sim as am playing in his household I could make him apply for a real job.

Eg, if he is assign as a chef in Mcdonalds lot, he should join the Culinary track as I command him to without leaving the job of the community lot (I actually never had a hired sim leave their "employee" career as a playable, but that's how I premuse the result will be If I command him to quit his career over another)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:07 PM
For the most part, I really care for #2 option to exist, if not #1 or visa versa.

I really need to test If I can make my sim quit the career without becoming unhired in that community lot and apply for a new career.
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
For the most part, I really care for #2 option to exist, if not #1 or visa versa.

I really need to test If I can make my sim quit the career without becoming unhired in that community lot and apply for a new career.

I could be wrong because it's been a long time since I've used employees at my owned businesses, but I think that the only way to quit the employee "career" is for the Sim to be fired from the owned business. I don't think you can have them quit themselves. And even if you can, I would think that would make them no longer a McDonald's employee. It's an either/or thing. They can be someone else's employee or they can be in a regular career. They can't do both. The coding doesn't work that way.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.