Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:40 PM
Default Film and Television Quotes
We have a few threads regarding literature, but what about the silver screen? We girls love to curl up in front of the television with ice cream or hunker down in a dark theater just as much as everyone else. Post your favorite quotes from films and television shows here! I'll start with this:

"Most people think that I was named for the state, but it's not true. I was named for a battleship- the U.S.S. Arizona. My grandfather was serving on the Arizona when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and he saved 19 men before he drowned. Pretty much everything my father did his whole life was about honoring that sacrifice. I was raised to be a good man in a storm, raised to love my country, love my family and protect the things I love. When my father, Colonel Daniel Robbins of the United States Marine Corps, heard that I was a lesbian, he said he only had one question. I was prepared for 'how fast can you get the hell out of my house?' But instead, it was, 'are you still who I raised you to be?' My father believes in country the way that you believe in God. And my father is not a man who bends, but he bent for me because I'm his daughter. I'm a good man in a storm. I love your daughter, and I protect the things I love. Not that I need to. She doesn't need it. She's strong and caring... and honorable. And she's still who you raised her to be." -Dr. Arizona Robbins, Grey's Anatomy

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 12:16 AM
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." V, V for Vendetta

"The funny thing is that Steve Rendazzo secretly wants me. Jocks like him always want freaky girls. Girls with horn-rimmed glasses and vegan footwear and Goth makeup. Girls who, like, play the cello and read McSweeneys and want to be children’s librarians when they grow up. Oh yeah, jocks totally eat that shit up. They just won’t admit it because they’re supposed to be into, like, the perfect cheerleaders, you know? Like Leah, who, incidentally, is into teachers." Juno, Juno
Rubric Wrangler
#3 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 1:04 PM
Oooo *bounces* I love movie/TV quotes :D

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook, you've got to throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers- or is that just me?" - The Ninth Doctor, Doctor Who.

"
Lucille: And I’m putting Buster in charge.
Gob: He’s a good choice.
Michael: Buster? The guy who thought that the blue on the map was land?
Lucille: He's had business classes.
Buster: W-w-w-wait. Eighteenth-century agrarian business. But I guess it's all the same principles. Lemme ask you: Are you at all concerned about an uprising?"

-Arrested Development.

"Booth: Voodoo.. [laughs] Who's gonna believe that stuff?
Brennan: It's a religion, no crazier than, well, what are you?
Booth: Catholic.
Brennan: They believe in the same saints you do. And prayer. What they call spells, you call miracles. They have priests.
Booth: We don't make zombies.
Brennan: Jesus rose from the dead after three days.
Booth: Jesus is not a zombie! I shouldn't even have to tell you that."

- Bones

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Inventor
#4 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 5:22 PM
Ooh!
NCIS
Abby Sciuto: I am the Energizer bunny of forensic science: I never sleep and I never give up.

Officer Ziva David: Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omelet without breaking a few legs
Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: She's never making me breakfast.
Special Agent Timothy McGee: Uh, Ziva, it's 'without breaking a few eggs.'

Officer Ziva David: It looks like you've seen a goat.

Without a Trace
Danny: A plane is not supposed to be in the sky. It's not natural.
Martin: Neither was that flight attendant and you weren't afraid of her.

And Scrubs
Hey, guess what has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 11:50 PM
Spongebob: "It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was number one!"

Sorry, I'm a Spongebob dork :D

Threesome: "They must be gay, and she's their fag-hag..."

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Theorist
#6 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 4:31 PM
I really like the way the movie (500) Days Of Summer started because of its truth:

"Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life."

I often think that a year from now, say, I won't remember this day at all. The only reason it means anything to me now is because I'm having to live it. The chances are that by tomorrow, it'll mean nothing at all.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:21 AM
Alex: Please. You went crazy! When Denny signed a DNR, you went crazy. Is that what you want? You want me cutting LVADs? You wanna wreck my career? 'Cause I will, I will freakin' cut LVADs before I let you do this. You don't get to quit. You don't get to quit on me. Please. Tear it up. The DNR, tear it up.
Izzie: Where your eyes are supposed to be right now, I see white sandy beaches, and there's an ocean behind your head, and there are ghosts wandering in and out. I can't live like this, and I can't live... if something goes wrong in that surgery, I don't want any extraordinary measures taken to keep me alive; it's not what I want. I went crazy when Denny signed the DNR because I didn't understand, I didn't understand but now I do and I need you to understand. I don't want you to go crazy, I want you to have a brilliant career and I hope that I get to be there for that, but if I can't, I just want to go to the other side. I don't know what's there, but it's gotta be better than hospital beds and tubes down my throat, so please... please don't cut LVADs, just, if it comes down to it, just let me go. And right now, kiss me, please just kiss me and close your eyes, because the beach is so distracting.
-Grey's Anatomy

Rubric Wrangler
#8 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:59 PM
*revives thread*

Janeway: Let me get this straight: trans-dimensional aliens have mistaken your Captain Proton simulation for reality.
Paris: Yes ma'am.
Janeway: And now an armed conflict has broken out between these aliens, and Chaotica's holographic army.
Paris: Yes ma'am. His army of evil.

Star Trek: Voyager. Just the way he says that last line is so hilarious, as if the distinction between "army" and "army of evil" was particularly relevant.

Wadsworth: But he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared!
Mrs. White: Well, that was his job. He was an illusionist.
Wadsworth: But he never RE-appeared!
Mrs. White: [Shrugs] He wasn't a very good illusionist.

Clue: The Movie

Also from Clue:

Col. Mustard: Just checking.
Mrs. Peacock: Everything all right?
Col. Mustard: Yep, two corpses, everything's fine.

Narrator: The Encyclopedia Galactica, in its chapter on love, states that it is far too complicated to define. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: "Avoid, if at all possible."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (film version)

simblr
Banned
#9 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:46 PM
Charles Foster Ofdensen
"That's my bread and butter you're f*cking with." [Metalocalypse season 1 ep. "It Has Begun"]

Toki Wartooth
"Hullo. Gots to go to Norway now… sees my dad dies… sees you." [Metalocalypse season 2 ep. "Dethdad"]
"This is heavy. It hurts my face. Boy, I really hates it." [Metalocalypse season 1 ep. "Dethtroll"]
"Oh no! Whats has I done? ... I can't plays it! It's toos damns hard! Skwisgaars always makes it so hard! Damns you, stupids slows stuffy fingers! Don'ts looks at me! Oh, shucks! Whats am I goings to do?" [Metalocalypse season 2 ep. "Dethrecord"]

Skwisgaar Skwigelf
"So, your dad’s gots the bigs K—cancers." [Metalocalypse season 2 ep. "Dethdad"]
"You’re just going to stares at me for a whiles? Or… uh… looks, I don’t knows whats to says. You’re starings at me, I’m just looksings at you, and you’re just standings there likes a fish…" [Metalocalypse season 2 ep. "Dethdad"]
"We can’ts nots plays fast, uh, physicallys." [Metalocalypse season 1 ep. "Bluesklok"]

I think that's all for now. Key words: "for now".
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:55 PM
Amy: You kept the clothes?
Doctor: I just saved the world for perpetual doom, yes I kept the clothes.
Amy: ...Inculding the BOW TIE?!

Obviously, that's from Doctor Who. xD

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:47 PM
The Big Bang Theory, funniest show on television:

Sheldon: I've spent the past three-and-a-half years staring at greaseboards full of equations; before that, I spent four years working on my thesis; before that, I was in college; and before that, I was in the fifth grade.

Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello!
Leonard: Yeah, my parents felt that putting me in advanced placement classes and naming me Leonard wasn't getting me beaten up enough.

Sheldon: I'll have a diet Coke.
Penny: Okay, but I really need to practice mixing drinks, so will you please order a cocktail?
Sheldon: Fine, I'll have a virgin Cuba Libre.
Penny: That's, um, a rum and Coke without the rum.
Sheldon: Yes.
Penny: So, Coke.
Sheldon: Yes. And would you make it diet?
Penny: There's a can in the fridge.
Sheldon: A Cuba Libre generally comes in a tall glass with a lime wedge.
Penny: Then swim to Cuba.
Sheldon: Bartenders are supposed to have people skills.

Leonard: Are there any other honors I've gotten that I don't know about? Did UPS drop off a Nobel Prize with my name on it?
Sheldon: Leonard, don't take this the wrong way, but the day you win a Nobel Prize is the day I begin my research on the drag coefficient of tassels on flying carpets.

Sheldon: Given that St. Valentine was a third century Roman priest who was stoned and beheaded, would not the more appropriate celebration of the evening be taking one's steady gal to witness a brutal murder?

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid.
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Leonard: When we watch Frosty the Snowman, he roots for the sun.
Sheldon: Excuse me, but the sun is essential for all life on earth. Frosty is merely a bit of frozen supernatural ephemera in a stolen hat- a crime for which, by the way, he is never fully brought to account.

Sheldon: All this fighting, I might as well be back with my parents!
"Damn it, George, I told you if you didn't quit drinkin', I'd leave you!"
"Well, I guess that makes you a liar, 'cause I'm drunk as hell and you're still here!"
"Stop yelling! You're making Sheldon cry!"
"I'll tell you what's making Sheldon cry! That I let you name him Sheldon!"

Sheldon: What are they doing here?
Leonard: We came to apologize again and bring you home. So why don't you pack up your stuff, and we'll head back?
Sheldon: No, this is my home now. Thanks to you, my career is over, and I will spend the rest of my life here in Texas trying to teach evolution to creationists.
Mrs. Cooper: You watch your mouth, Shelly. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Sheldon: Evolution isn't an opinion, it's fact.
Mrs. Cooper: And that is your opinion.
Sheldon: ...I forgive you Leonard, let's go home.

Theorist
#12 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Wadsworth: But he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared!
Mrs. White: Well, that was his job. He was an illusionist.
Wadsworth: But he never RE-appeared!
Mrs. White: [Shrugs] He wasn't a very good illusionist.

Clue: The Movie

Also from Clue:

Col. Mustard: Just checking.
Mrs. Peacock: Everything all right?
Col. Mustard: Yep, two corpses, everything's fine.

Narrator: The Encyclopedia Galactica, in its chapter on love, states that it is far too complicated to define. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: "Avoid, if at all possible."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (film version)

:O
Clue and HitchHiker are amazing movies.
Even though we call the game "Clue" Cluedo, over here. My Grandma has a really old version, where the cards have the pieces with heads on them. :3
I have all the HitchHiker books. Douglas Adams was a legend. He died on my friend's 6th birthday, which is awkwardly weird.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:56 PM
"We got you the most brutal, most metal gift of all...NOTHING!" - Metalacolypse.

Torako-Tiger-Girl, you are the coolest person ever!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Spongebob: "It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was number one!"

Sorry, I'm a Spongebob dork :D

ME TOO!!!!!

Spongebob:
thought that I had everybody on my side,
'till I went and blew it, all sky high
and now she won't even spare a passing glance
all just because I, ripped my pants.

^ ^ it hurts... ^ ^

Well, like a moron I agreed to see new moon with my twi-hard friend, and the only scene I remember is this one:
*at the Face Punch movie*

Dude 1: *gun loading* put the gun down
Dude 2: *gun loading* no you put the gun down
Dude 3: *bug gun loading* both of you, put the guns down
Dude 1: I don't have time for this. *random shooting and violence*
Mike: I'm going to be sick *runs out, bella and Jacob follow*
Jacob: *checks if mike is in bathroom, comes out* what a marshmallow.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

and quite frankly...
300:
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Inventor
#15 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:22 AM
I like the bookended quotes, but not the middle one. ew.

Totally random and not makin any sense:
Chekov: But the forcefield! It's... solid! We'll never break through!
DeSalle: We may not be able to break through it, but I'll bet you credits to navy beans we can put a dent in it.

Honestly? WTH? This is why I love star trek. Also, this one is my favorite quote but it's not as funny if you haven't seen Star Trek.

Mining Operations Head: Yeah, the hortas aren't so bad, once you get used to their appearance. That's about it, Kirk. Thanks for everything.
Kirk: Our pleasure.
Spock: Curious. What he said about the horta is exactly what the horta said about the miners. She found humanoid appearence revolting, but she thought she could get used to it.
McCoy: Oh she did, did she? Now tell me, did she happen to make any comment about those ears?
Spock: Not specifically, but I did get the distinct impression that she found them the most attractive human characteristic of all. I didn't have the heart to tell her that only I have-
Kirk: She really liked those ears?
Spock: Captain, the horta is a remarkably intelligent and sensitive creature.
Kirk: *raised eyebrow* Oh really?
Spock: Really captain, my modesty-
Kirk: Does not bear close examination. Why Mr. Spock, I do believe you're becoming more and more human every day!
Spock: Captain, I see no reason to stand here and be insulted! *stomps off*

For refrence:
A horta

Spock
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:06 PM
"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

And, because this quote from The Big Bang Theory cannot be expressed through simple quoting: I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?!

Inventor
#17 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:03 PM
That was hilarious! That was seriously awesome, you just made my day! :D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:28 PM
"Army is for wimps! Now Marines, those are the men you wanna *bleep*!" Family Guy( I told that to my friend who is going to the air force in summer. He is upset he didn't sign up to be a marine now XD)

"Don't say it don't! It's hamburger time, remember?" ~Metalocalypse
" I'm not gay! YOU ARE!" ~Metalocalypse

there is more, but I just can't remember right now.
Rubric Wrangler
#19 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:22 PM
" Frasier: The thought of a doctor selling things is kind of distasteful, isn't it?
Daphne: What about Dr Sneezy's cold medicine?
Frasier: Dr Sneezy is a cartoon character. The fact that he's a giant purple hippopotamus probably should have tipped you off! "

" [Niles accuses Gunnar in English, which Frasier translates into Spanish for Marta, so she can tell Gunnar in German]
Gunnar: Schweinhund! [draws his sword]
Niles: Alright, fine! You want to challenge me? En garde!
Frasier: Oh, yes, Niles, that's just what we need: a fourth language!!"

Both from Frasier.

simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:33 PM
Twilight does have some good ones, as a matter of fact:

What if I’m not a superhero? What if I’m the bad guy? - Edward Cullen

&

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - Edward Cullen
"What a stupid lamb" - Bella Swan
"What a sick, masochistic lion" - Edward Cullen

(:

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:19 PM
"If you go one step ahead of me, I'll make you cry"
-Zero (Vampire Knight)

Kaname-Senpai:: "Do you want to be my friend?"
Aidou:: "...No"
- (Vampire Knight)

"That's why for you, you have the right to be cruel to me. No matter how much you make me worry or how much danger you put me in, just as much as you like. But these are not enough 'compensation.' Even if I have to sacrifice my left over life for you, I would not utter a word of complaint."
-Zero (Vampire Knight)

xD

Theorist
#22 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 3:30 AM
Gwen: Alex, where are you going?
Alex: To see if there's a pub.

Galaxy Quest is an epic film.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Alchemist
#23 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 12:15 PM
South of nowhere
Madison: "bite me qee eye"
Ashley: "not if your the last barbie on earth"

Madison: "i can give him something you cant"
Ashley: "what a rash"

Torchwood
Jack: "i climb throw 12 meter of ventalation sharft,folowing a life sigh,and who do i find micky mouse"

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Alchemist
#24 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
" Frasier: The thought of a doctor selling things is kind of distasteful, isn't it?
Daphne: What about Dr Sneezy's cold medicine?
Frasier: Dr Sneezy is a cartoon character. The fact that he's a giant purple hippopotamus probably should have tipped you off! "

" [Niles accuses Gunnar in English, which Frasier translates into Spanish for Marta, so she can tell Gunnar in German]
Gunnar: Schweinhund! [draws his sword]
Niles: Alright, fine! You want to challenge me? En garde!
Frasier: Oh, yes, Niles, that's just what we need: a fourth language!!"

Both from Frasier.

OMG!! I found someone who likes Frasier!!!!! I thought that nobody watches that! :P

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Rubric Wrangler
#25 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 6:45 PM
^ I LOVE Frasier. Back when we didn't get cable it came on every afternoon, and I always used to watch it. So witty!

I found another good one:

" [Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible]
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?

simblr

Page 1 of 2