Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 7:34 PM
Default Lockable arches mod
Is there anything that lets you lock arches? I'm looking for a hack, not a single modded arch.

I had the 4 key system one from simlogical, but it doesn't work, it simply has no effect on doors or arches whatever I try although I took all other downloads out. So if anyone knows how to get that one to work...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 8:03 PM
I don't know if there is one available or not, but it would be very useful. If no one comes up with one, maybe an invisible fence/gate combination would work. I don't know of any working locking gates with an invisible recolor either.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 10:13 PM
Yeah I've been doing the invisible fence/gate thing, but it's annoying and you need enough space in a room.

I made lockable clones of the 2 I currently need now because I couldn't find any modded arches either. If anyone else needs it I'll upload them and leave it at that. They make door sounds but it's better than nothing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 11:32 PM
There is a one way arch and that works. I never had luck with the key system myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 3:45 PM
Good to know, it's probably just somehow broken then. No need to bother looking into that at least...

I have the one way arch, but that doesn't really help with my "I spent hours building a house just to have to change everything that looks good because you can't lock arches" issue. It will just trap both the owner of the room AND everyone who doesn't belong in there. I think I got the lockable arch done now, though, people are being quite helpful in the create forum. I'll just have to repeat the cloning for every new arch I need to lock.
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 3:39 PM
That is extremely simple to achieve.
Most, if not all default arches already use a pie menu that enables the general and pet locks but they are disabled if the door is an arch. You just need to bypass the line that disables it for arches in two op-codes. Once the locks have been set they already work.

Assuming you have at least Apartment Life the file in the link below has it already done for you.
LockableArchesM&G.zip https://app.box.com/s/azsdfmkqi98psey73k5ukorvpupwy038
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 3:06 PM
Oh man, and there I was thinking I did a thing that is worth uploading. Thanks a lot, this is much better than my fiddling around with arch and door clones. (At least I learned how to link diagonals and swap meshes...)

Did you get that from somewhere or did you just make it? Still thinking if I should upload a lockable value arch for people that would rather have an object than a mod, I'd like to link the mod version if I do.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 11:18 PM
That's Chris Hatch, he would have quickly made it.

Gender arches are being worked on if you take a look at creator feedback.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~