Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:05 PM
Default Recolorable cloned fence
How would I go about making a cloned fence recolorable?

I figured that by cloning a fence that is already recolorable in game, I only fixed the mesh a bit in milkshape, reimported it and fixed it. Yet when I load the game, it seems it lost it's ability to be recolored...

I looked around and can't seem to find any info on this, maybe somebody can help me out?

Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:10 PM
Did you test the new fence after you cloned it but before you started editing it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:48 PM
nope, I can't believe I didn't try that, I'll go try it out and post the outcome, thanks a lot inge!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:08 PM Last edited by tammy_trauma : 10th Mar 2010 at 2:20 PM.
it seems that none of the items clonable under "FenceDeckWood" have the recolorable option available...is there a file missing?

B.T.W. I am using the "1002-19-1757" build
#5 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:06 PM
Well you need to be aware that EA left the old uncolourable fences in the game files. It is possible you chose the old one to clone!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 7:12 PM
Thanks a lot inge, you solved my dilemna! It was one of cloning options I hadn't tried!

Also, I was curious, is there any way to find out which one is which without trying all of them, some of them show up as having 10+ different items
#7 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 7:15 PM
The ones that S3OC doesn't show a thumbnail for are usually the new, CASTable ones.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
Thanks for the info inge!