Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 9:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Rental Lots with Twallan's Story Progression mod
Hi All

I have Twallan's Story Progression mod installed and the money module and I recently realised there is an option to purchase a rental lot, so I thought I would give it a go. The Landgraabs have bought up a good selection of properties in town, two of them have been filled by Story Progression and I have moved in a family into a third property that the Landgraabs own, but I can't see that any rent is being paid. When I play the Landgraabs no money comes in, when I play the family living in one of their properties no money goes out.

The Landgraabs definitely own the properties (its in the 'manage real estate' list as owned property and they can build and buy on the lot) and it seems to have worked properly in the sense that my 'tenant' family only had to pay the cost of the furnishings when they moved in (well, they paid the whole cost but had the unfurnished cost refunded) and yet, no rent payments?

Twallan's FAQs just say that rent is paid automatically but doesn't say when and I've played both families through a whole sim week each waiting for the rent to come in or go about but it didn't. Am I missing something? Has anybody else used the rental lot function in this way and can offer me any advice?

TIA

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! I can never seem to figure out where it should go!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:12 PM
I would have to say that the best place to ask support questions for NRaas mods is actually at NRaas. It's kind of what we are there for.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
(free registration and NRaas wiki membership required to post)

Some of us have had trouble with the real estate rental options that SP Money allows for. Rental payments should flow from one household to other automatically, they aren't like paying bills that arrive at the mailbox. They can be easy to miss if you are, for example, in Map View when this happens or not carefully watching the screen at the time. I can't remember right now if they are supposed to be twice weekly or daily payments to the land owner. Perhaps you could run an Accounting report on both the land owner and the tenant to see if anything shows up as having been received (paid out) that looks like rent?
On the lot or a sim who lives there, NRaas > SP > Household Options > Accounting

If there is too much accounting data there from the past to be helpful, you can Clear the Accounting Report from the same menu so it all zeros out from that point.

In my own game, twice I've seen my sims while I was rotating around playing elsewhere in town have their homes sold out from under them for a negative amount and then be subjected to negative rent payments, which essentially meant they were being paid by the land owner for living there. That was kind of funny, although I'm sure not intended, but in response I've shut the whole thing down for the sims I'm interested in using Lot and Caste Options and only let inactives be the landlords of other inactives. If "my" sims want to make investments, they can do so with commercial lots as that tends to work out much better.

See also the Rental Properties section at the end of this FAQ page for a description of how this is supposed to work.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ+Money
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 11:23 AM
Thank you for your reply.

Oops! I always use my phone to go on the NRaas site and I didn't even realise there were forums there! I have posted it over there as well now http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/81081449 sorry!

I had read the FAQs but all it says is that rent is paid automatically... it doesn't say when which makes it more difficult to monitor! I have run accounting reports and it doesn't appear that there's anything that looks like rent in them. When the family is active I keep a very close eye on their finances so I'm sure I would notice it going out or coming in. When they're inactive I have no idea what happens with their finances - it seems to be so random to me how their bank balance goes up and down and it seems to be completely unrelated to the $20,000 car that's appeared in their inventories as well I try at set the SP options so that no money comes in or goes out when the family is inactive but apparently that's impossible to do 100%.

I like the rental lot function as my sims often can't afford the properties they want to live in up front - just paying for the furnishings makes it so much easier for them to get the houses they want, but I'm also a realist so I don't think they should be getting it for free I know I can manually transfer funds to another household to give the impression of rent being paid but it would just save me the hassle if it happened automatically. :D