Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 8:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Apartment glitch where sims attempt to open their neighbor's doors instead of using bathroom fixtures
Having a glitch in the Late Night apartment my sims couple whom are expecting a baby and their 2 cats live in where every time they have to pee, take a shower/bath, or wash their hands or brush their teeth at the sink, they step out of their apartment and attempt to open one of the doors of their neighbors that of course lead to nowhere and do the "something in the way" complaint. It's only with the bathroom fixtures and I have tried everything from buying new ones to resetting the lot, the sims individually, the bathroom fixtures, and the neighbor doors, and the same thing keeps happening. I've had to make bladder and hygiene static on Story Progression to keep them from peeing themselves and stinking. Anyone know how I can fix this other than have them move to a lot that isn't an apartment?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
There's something blocking your bathroom fixtures. It might be an invisible object that cannot be reset. There are various forms I've seen, some are easier to remove than others.

Most times, you can just use the "destroy object" hammer tool, but instead of tagging the invisible object, you drag a radius from one of the visible objects (like a sink) and delete all objects in one area.

Lately I had another issue where this trick doesn't work. Apparently it has something to do with invisible "dish" of food. The food is invisible, but if you look closely, you can see a grey dot, which is the shadow of the object. These can only be deleted if you use the testingcheats and ctrl+shift+click, then "delete object"

There is a 3rd possibility which is more complicated and has to do with uneven floor or ceiling. Then the 4th possibility which is just an invisible object that cannot be deleted at all unless you nuke the lot.

I actually deleted this family and am now playing a different one in a house, but I'll keep this in mind if I ever have this issue again. Thank you!