Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 10:54 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 7th Apr 2017 at 4:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default {solved} extracting lots from a save i cant open
Hey guys! So I'm trying to extract lots from a save i dont have the eps to open. Idk which ones go to the save and the creator used "all of them" so there's no specifics

So..... I'm trying to avoid installing eps just so i can extract the lots. Its also annoying since the save is actually just 7 empty building shells with only a few cc used for the exteriors

With the save file that I have is there anyway to extract lots?
I currently have installed UNI, AMB, & SEAS

EDIT: supposedly there is another method using traveler and the .nhd file but idk how to do it pls explain...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 2:34 AM
Have you tried opening it? I have successfully handled lots made with eps I don't have, so I wonder if you might be able to open the save also?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Have you tried opening it? I have successfully handled lots made with eps I don't have, so I wonder if you might be able to open the save also?

It says im missing eps and its like blocked out. it's infuriating because I've never had all eps and have been able to open the save before. I've reinstalled all the ones I have and have them checked. I'm only missing ITF and showtime and the world definitely doesn't use them for anything major

>http://newwheelchair.tumblr.com/pos...leyitatumblrcom

its there if anyone needs a reference
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:21 AM
I do know that sometimes The Sims can be finicky *gets world in an attempt to help get lots*

What's the game version?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:27 AM
Did you install the world via the Launcher, or did you convert the Sims3pack to a package file, then change that to a world file?

I don't know of a way for you to use the Save file to extract lots without the world file being installed in one of two ways.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Did you install the world via the Launcher, or did you convert the Sims3pack to a package file, then change that to a world file?

I don't know of a way for you to use the Save file to extract lots without the world file being installed in one of two ways.

I thought this might be the issue. I did that conversion earlier and then forgot to remove after installing as a simpack as well. I've removed and uninstalled both instances of the world and am currently reinstalling the sims3pack.'

EDIT: The sims 3 pack version of the world was not actually installing due to another world which i guess used the world I'd like to install as a base (which created a conflict) was already installed so that was the problem??? Retrying.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:59 AM
Did you delete the Palletport World Cache file after you uninstalled via the Launcher (before trying to reinstall)?

Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > WorldCaches
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 4:14 AM
Did you delete the Palletport World Cache file after you uninstalled via the Launcher (before trying to reinstall)?

Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > WorldCaches

I haven't yet but now that I know what the culprit was I can go and clean up the mess I made. Thanks everyone!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 4:34 AM
I was just going to add to my post...You probably don't have a World Cache file if you didn't open the world.

Glad you have the problem resolved *Yay!* Now I want to open the world and check it out. I'm always up for a new world, so thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 4:39 AM
I was just going to add to my post...You probably don't have a World Cache file if you didn't open the world.

Glad you have the problem resolved *Yay!* Now I want to open the world and check it out. I'm always up for a new world, so thanks!

Awesome! It's small and great for people like me who get sensory overload with the bigger worlds