Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:26 PM
Default Model Messed Up
Ok, well I am trying to make a functional security camera mod. I thought I had everything ready to go, but the model shows up weird ingame. I can't find anything wrong, so I'm posting here for help. The thumbnail view is fine, but the model on the wall is VERY distorted:

Any help as to how to fix this is greatly appreciated! Anybody who helps will have their names in the credits if I release it. I have attached the package below if anybody thinks they can find what is wrong/fix it.

I know that the shadows aren't done yet, because I'm not done with the mod. I still have things to change. All I need is to fix the camera model for now.

Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  package.zip (291.5 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:56 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 18th Feb 2011 at 4:28 PM.
The problem is that the burglar alarm has four geometry states. What you're seeing is one of those geostates being applied to your mesh. One solution is to make all the geostates show the full mesh. this is done by opening the package in S3PE and opening the MODL resource in Grid. Then selecting the ChunkEntry that contains the meshes, open the meshes and change the geostate indexes and counts to match the original mesh's(see pic). This has to be done for every geostate, in every mesh containing geostates.

Fortunately, I saved you the trouble and fixed it. (no credit necessary).
Screenshots

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 4:12 PM Last edited by brettsmods : 18th Feb 2011 at 4:23 PM.
Oh I see. I guess there's more to meshing the Sims 3 then there was in The Sims 2.

Thank you!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 4:27 PM
Well, if the object you cloned didn't have geostates(which most objects don't) this wouldn't have been a problem and you mesh would shown correct in-game.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 4:23 PM
Oh, ok. One more question:

You know that little green dot on the regular burglar alarm that glows green? Well, I moved the dot to a position on my camera where I would like it to glow red. However, now it doesn't glow any color. Any idea how to get it to be red? Thanks.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 6:02 PM
It is glowing. But it's still mapped to the same place on the old image, while using the new image. So it's glowing dark grey, because that the color that is where it's mapped. You'll have to move the dot's UV map(in the UV map its the little part on the left) up to the red part on your new image.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 7:12 PM
Oh, I thought it was mapped separately. Okay, I'll have to change that.

Thanks again!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#8 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 7:59 PM
It is mapped separately, but to the same image.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 9:39 PM
Okay, well now I re-mapped the red dot and fixed the shadow. But now my new package doesn't even show up in-game at all (not even in the catalog)!! Here is the package if you want to take a look at it, but I'm ready to give up...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  brettsmods_SecurityCamera.zip (292.5 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#10 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 18th Feb 2011 at 10:18 PM.
It works for me.
Screenshots

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:31 PM
Would clearing a certain cache fix it?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#12 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:42 PM
Maybe, but I just saved over the previous version.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:45 PM
*sigh* Which cache's are safe to delete?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:27 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 12:56 AM
Well, that still didn't work. I'm about out of ideas.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:40 AM
For future reference to make correctly working geostates like for example bookcases, here is explained how:

http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...title=Geostates

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 11:55 AM
I'm having a similar problem with my Playstation 3 mesh. I was about to edit the geostates, but I can't find the geostate entries in the MODL resources. I tried editing it in TSRW but the app throws up an exception whenever I try to access the GS tool.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SonyPS3.rar (540.2 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#18 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 1:39 PM
They're in the same place I showed in this pic:

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
They're in the same place I showed in this pic:

Apparently, those fields aren't present in my package. Even the stock EA model doesn't have it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 2:46 PM
Which version of S3PE do you have, and are you using atavera's wrappers?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Which version of S3PE do you have, and are you using atavera's wrappers?

I used an older version of S3PE, and no, I didn't have the wrappers when I last checked the resources out. Thanks for reminding me about the plugins, though...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
I tried editing it in TSRW but the app throws up an exception whenever I try to access the GS tool.

What kind of exception is that and what TSRW version do you use?

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teko
What kind of exception is that and what TSRW version do you use?

I used the latest version. It just gave me a notification that an error was detected (an index out of bounds error or something), with the usual send to developer button.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 6:24 AM
Thank you. I'll try to recreate this and then file a bug report to the programmers.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 8:27 AM
I wasn't able to recreate this with the very latest internal testing release (2.0.15). The latest public preview release is 2.0.11 which you can get here:
http://trac.thesimsresource.com:808...orkshopDownload

Please clone the burglar alarm in Workshop and then immediately test if you can work with the geostate tool to make sure the error isn't triggered by something else.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Page 1 of 3