Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Piano music continues after you stop playing. [SOLVED]
So here's an odd one: my sim's little girl was learning the piano and had to stop playing abruptly (I believe it was when she had to go to sleep). My sim went outside to work on her fire truck, but when she came back inside, I still heard piano music, and assumed the kid route-failed somehow and went back to playing piano, as you do.
Went down to the basement and there's nobody at the piano. No animation from the piano but it's still playing music.

I tried having her start playing and then canceled the interaction after a few seconds. Now there were two piano tracks looping, one was the audio of the little girl plunking away at keys, the other was the ragtime bit my sim was playing.

I've tried resetting the lot, letting ErrorTrap run overnight, I've tried using MasterController to reset everything in the town, gone into buy debug to check if there's some sort of leftover hidden sound emitter, I've tried deleting the piano, and I even checked the lot objects in case there was some sort of jig leftover (even though I'm fairly certain a leftover social jig wouldn't create ghost music. Fairly certain anyway.)

So, haunted piano?

As a last ditch effort, I exited without saving and I'm reloading the game now to see if anything changed. Hopefully my last save was before the kid went to bed.

eta: So my game finally reloaded, and thankfully my last save was while the little girl was still playing the piano. This time instead of cancelling the action myself, I turned TCE on and dragged her energy down to 0 so she'd stop playing the piano herself, and voila! No ghost piano.

So just in case anybody else runs into this, what worked for me was:

-Exit without saving (hopefully your most recent save was before you stopped playing the instrument)
-Use "testingcheatsenabled on" and drag energy motive down to 0 so the sim in question will automatically stop playing the instrument