Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 4:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default PETS not working.
I've been told that it was possibly my mods that caused Pets not to work so I deleted them. But its still not working. It'll play until around 8 on Monday night and then it'll crash. Why is this happening?

I always start off in a new world and not a saved one if that means anything.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:22 AM
Is this the computer on which you are playing?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...879#post5171879

I'm sorry, but if so it's just not a powerful enough machine to run the heaviest TS3 EPs well. Its processor is weak, you only have 4 GB of RAM, and no dedicated graphics card. Pets is the hardest hitting EP, but I imagine that Seasons (and possibly IP and ITF) would also be too much for it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Is this the computer on which you are playing?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...879#post5171879

I'm sorry, but if so it's just not a powerful enough machine to run the heaviest TS3 EPs well. Its processor is weak, you only have 4 GB of RAM, and no dedicated graphics card. Pets is the hardest hitting EP, but I imagine that Seasons (and possibly IP and ITF) would also be too much for it.

Seasons works just fine and I haven't played ITF or IP long enough to see if it messes up. Also, what machine would you recommend I get to play my games successfully?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 12:33 PM Last edited by igazor : 15th Jun 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Opinions here are going to differ, you may get feedback that contradicts some of this and some will say that I am aiming too high. But for TS3 with all EPs and a healthy dose of store content, CC, and mods, for a laptop I would insist on the following:

Processor: quad core i5 or i7, 2.4 GHz or faster (although most modern processors in this class will be faster than that already)

RAM: 6 GB minimum, 8 GB would be better. The game itself can only use ~4GB, but one has to account for Windows and other processes using a large chunk of RAM for themselves in addition to the game. One might choose 16 GB for future-proofing, of course extra RAM is never going to hurt anything.

Graphics card: Nvidia 960M or stronger, 1050Ti or stronger in that series, or the AMD equivalents. It's the "middle" digit that is significant within these series, so a 940M for example would not be sufficient. Older series cards are fine too if they are strong enough, but you won't likely find new laptops with older cards in them anymore.

Hard Drive: At least 256 GB although that can be a bit tight to work with especially if you hoard content, save lots of ongoing game copies, and/or use the laptop for lots of other things besides simming. 512 GB or more would be better. A 512 GB or larger Solid State Drive (SSD) as opposed to a standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) would be ideal if one can withstand the expense. For multiple internal drives, there are other combinations that will work well too.

For a new laptop meeting those requirements, we are talking about $950 (US dollars) to start, they can run much higher, there can be sales that bring the price down. Prices will vary in other countries, of course.

Desktops run cheaper for similar components and can get away with slightly less strong processors and graphics cards (so Nvidia GTX 950 or higher would be good) as they don't have to work as hard as a laptop does to process the game. I would expect to pay at least $650 (US Dollars) for a suitable new desktop, monitor not included, SSD will drive the price up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Opinions here are going to differ, you may get feedback that contradicts some of this and some will say that I am aiming too high. But for TS3 with all EPs and a healthy dose of store content, CC, and mods, for a laptop I would insist on the following:

Processor: quad core i5 or i7, 2.4 GHz or faster (although most modern processors in this class will be faster than that already)

RAM: 6 GB minimum, 8 GB would be better. The game itself can only use ~4GB, but one has to account for Windows and other processes using a large chunk of RAM for themselves in addition to the game. One might choose 16 GB for future-proofing, of course extra RAM is never going to hurt anything.

Graphics card: Nvidia 960M or stronger, 1050Ti or stronger in that series, or the AMD equivalents. It's the "middle" digit that is significant within these series, so a 940M for example would not be sufficient. Older series cards are fine too if they are strong enough, but you won't likely find new laptops with older cards in them anymore.

Hard Drive: At least 256 GB although that can be a bit tight to work with especially if you hoard content, save lots of ongoing game copies, and/or use the laptop for lots of other things besides simming. 512 GB or more would be better. A 512 GB or larger Solid State Drive (SSD) as opposed to a standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) would be ideal if one can withstand the expense. For multiple internal drives, there are other combinations that will work well too.

For a new laptop meeting those requirements, we are talking about $950 (US dollars) to start, they can run much higher, there can be sales that bring the price down. Prices will vary in other countries, of course.

Desktops run cheaper for similar components and can get away with slightly less strong processors and graphics cards (so Nvidia GTX 950 or higher would be good) as they don't have to work as hard as a laptop does to process the game. I would expect to pay at least $650 (US Dollars) for a suitable new desktop, monitor not included, SSD will drive the price up.

Thanks.