Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 25
Test Subject
#201 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:06 AM
Hello! Thank you so much for this possibility to kill annoying automatic memories, but I have a problem with programm. When I launch TS3_Memory_Modder.exe the programm crashes with mistake... I have .NET Framework 4.0 (I updated my old 3.5 version becouse I thought that it was reason of crashing, but it still crashes with 4.0 too). So, what can I do to solve my problem?
Inventor
Original Poster
#202 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:23 PM
@ginger_cat: Hmm, strange. My sims (and pets) are definitely aging and I do use the no automatic memories package. If you take out the mod, do they start aging again?

@Marlena: Is there a specific error message (with some code) or does the program just not start or immediately close? You could try redownloading the zip in case something was corrupt.
Test Subject
#203 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM
Soooo, I had this mod for some time and I'm absolutely addicted to it! Works wonderfully for me!!!!

This was SOOO needed, all those useless memories, how the hell thought of having Sims remembering that they went shopping for the rest of their lives??

But does this work with Pets? I deleted it for the new patch and ever since then, these memories annoy the hell out off me :D:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM
hey, sorry, I didn't see that you had an updated version, thanks for that, you're absolutely great!!!
Test Subject
#205 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:26 AM
Hey while playing with the No Automatic Memories mod, I noticed ONE memory seems to slip past it and get recorded. As of this particular moment, I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it was when a Sim teaches, in my case anyway, a dog a hunting skill. They record that memory.

I could have remembered the wrong memory, but I'll check it out next time to be sure...but if anybody else noticed this and can clarify before I get the game up next, I just thought I should throw that out there. Otherwise I've not had any problems!
Test Subject
#206 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:29 PM
Hi,
I've used this mod before pets with no problems (and I loved it!) but now my game freezes after a few minutes of gameplay when I place the mod in the mod folder. My game is fully patched, I have pets installed and I replaced your mod with the updated one. I'm also 100% sure that your mod is causing the problems, because the game works fine without it (although those automatic memories are driving me crazy...)...
I have some CC in my game but they seem to work fine. I don't use any other mods.
What can I do...? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#207 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:56 PM
One way I check to see if mods are conflicting or causing issues, is I do a folder by folder breakdown of my mods. I start a new game with no mods, then save it. This is my test save, with a vanilla Sim (no cc); this is to ensure none of my Sims3Packs are causing the issue. Then, I exit out, add a mod folder, start it again, and then see if the problem comes back. If it doesn't, then nothing in that folder is causing the problem, so I then move on to the next folder, etc. After adding a folder, if the problem appears, I know it's that folder. I then take that folder out, put in my remaining mods (just to be sure), then I start adding the mods from the file I left out, File by File. So yeah. Sometimes it's an out of date mod, sometimes just a conflicting one, either way it works. I've fixed two problems since this way.

Now, this mod I absolutely love, so I hope I don't encounter any problems with it. I had an outdated version of this, so yeah, lol. Problems with my game. It was either this or another Generations mod, but either way every single LTW disappeared from existing Sims, and the entire list was unavailable in Create-A-Sim, so yeah. Lol.

I'll be updating to the 1.26 version; hopefully there won't be any issues, but with the Scrapbook addition this mod is absolutely ESSENTIAL. I wouldn't mind memories so much, if memories weren't added for EVERY Sim in the town, not just yours. Seriously, who's bright idea was that?
Test Subject
#208 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@ginger_cat: Hmm, strange. My sims (and pets) are definitely aging and I do use the no automatic memories package. If you take out the mod, do they start aging again?

@Marlena: Is there a specific error message (with some code) or does the program just not start or immediately close? You could try redownloading the zip in case something was corrupt.

Mod was removed and game loaded and aging is back - very confused why it only seems to be me?? Ahhh so annoying lol
Test Subject
#209 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:21 PM
Okay I can confirm when my Sims teach a dog a hunting skill (haven't tried a cat yet) that they record that memory. So far it's the only memory I've seen slip past the No Automatic Memories Mod.
Forum Resident
#210 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:54 AM
Pertinent facts: I have all EPs/SPs installed. I have limited cc. I have even more limited mods (overwatch, nointro, this one, and another mod to add the missing books to the libraries which don't have them that states it is Pets ready). I updated to the no automatic 1.26 version (because you hadn't yet updated the limited memories).

My problem: One sim's LTW to be an athletic superstar (level 9) disappeared when he gained that promotion. He didn't get any reward points and the icon is missing from the LTW box.

Tomorrow I will try the limited memories mod and go back to the last save before LTW achievement and see if that makes a difference. I'll also try it without the mod and let you know what happens.

I do love the no auto memories even better than the limited memories, which I really loved before. Thanks for all your hard work!
Inventor
Original Poster
#211 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:00 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 3rd Nov 2011 at 11:35 PM.
@CatCreature: You were indeed correct. For some unfathomable reason, the x that marks the memories was uppercase for this one wish. It's now fixed. Thank you very much for your report!

@medic: Just to be sure: you did download the separate velocitygrass_no_automatic_memories_1_26.zip? (I kept the old one in case some people who haven't patched their game still wanted to download it, though I will probably not do that again because it's caused quite a bit of confusion.)

@Ciane: You mean the LTW blanks out after it's fulfilled? Actually that does happen to me too on occasion. It comes back again sometimes. And I've had that for a long time (i.e. before memories were even introduced), so I'm pretty sure it's not related to this mod. Maybe others can confirm that this is a game bug? Okay, once again I fail at reading comprehension. For me the issue only ever was the display of the LTW, I always got the reward points correctly, that's why it didn't really bother me. I've managed to fulfill my Sim's unicorn adopting wish and it all seemed to work as expected (though I honestly didn't check his reward points). Let me know about the results of your tests.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 11:01 PM
Thank you very much for fixing it! <3 I've redownloaded it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#213 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:17 AM
Okay, I went to an earlier save and played with the limited memories version (after removing the no automatic memories 1.26) and the LTW worked as it should (turning platinum with the athletic superstar icon and accumulating the LTW reward points).

I made a mistake earlier: The reward points were given before (with the no automatic memories version). I just thought he didn't get them because he didn't have many points. (After seeing the reward points drop in place this time, I realised he did get his points earlier too.)

I'm glad to know that it's just the icon not displaying correctly on the no automatic memories version. Like you, I can live without that as long as he gets his points and a proper headstone later.

Thanks again, and sorry for the misinformation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 1:05 AM
I will never forget the day I downloaded this mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#215 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:41 AM
@Ciane: Good to know the reward points aren't effected. As I said, I think this has been a bug since before Generations. It happened sporadically to me for some time. Thanks for re-checking.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#216 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:46 AM
Is it possible to find a way to disable automatic memories in all lots except the active one?
Inventor
Original Poster
#217 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:10 PM
@Minaki: Without looking further into this, my guess would be that you could achieve this with a scripting mod.
Field Researcher
#218 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Minaki: Without looking further into this, my guess would be that you could achieve this with a scripting mod.

Do you know how to do it? 'Cause my only scripting experience was for translation purposes only xD
Inventor
Original Poster
#219 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:39 PM
@Minaki: I would have to look at the code to check, but I spent only a limited amount of time on Sims 3 at the moment, and this isn't really something that interests me personally. You could check Buzzler's scripting tutorial to try it yourself or maybe make a suggestion in Twallan's forum.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM
how to install the automatic no memories i already put it in the mod>package folder and it doesn't appear on my sims 3 launcher?
Inventor
Original Poster
#221 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 6:25 PM
@shalnark11: Package mods don't appear in the launcher. You can test it by starting a game and doing something that used to trigger a memory (but shouldn't with the mod). If it doesn't trigger it now, the mod works. If it still triggers a memory, you should re-check your package modding framework.
Test Subject
#222 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:51 AM
Does Twallan's Master Controller conflict with this, as it now can alter memories?
Test Subject
#223 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:14 PM
Unfortunately, I had to remove this .package after the 1.26 patch, as it caused my teen to be deleted whenever she traveled to another country, or returned from traveling. I don't know how outdated my version of this was, just that it was finally isolated as the sole culprit. I didn't see that mentioned in the last few pages, so I figured I'd mention it here, just in case it's new. If not, no worries.
Field Researcher
#224 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:00 AM
I had to remove this after 1.26 too, because for some reason I couldn't give newly created sims a lifetime wish with this package in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#225 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 10:40 PM
I can not download. A screen comes up and says it NO Cookies. I have my cookies enabled tho and i have cookies saved from this site (i checked) Why isn't it working
Page 9 of 25