Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My sims are green?
This is Kara Carter from Midnight Hollow and that's also where the photos had been taken in, but the issue at hand is also present in my main town of Monte Vista.

On the first picture is how she looks in CAS.

Second picture is how she looks in game. A fit bride for Shrek if you ask me.

While I can totally imagine it must be some kind of light issue, this green glow is only applied on sims that have skin on the totally white to totally black skin slider.
All the other skin sliders don't have the glow, or its so little it seems totally normal. Here an example.

Is there something I can do to make sims that have skin from pure white to pitch black skin slider not be glowing green like that?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:25 PM
Is she a vampire? THey have greenish skin.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:28 PM
I think that this is how this skintone works, unfortunately. It's applying an override similar to the ones that vampires or genies have to make the pale skin appear white and glowy. And so, depending on your lighting in a world these Sims may appear to be greenish.
This is also the reason why this skintone doesn't really work for life states that come with their own override, like werewolves.

The only solution that I can think of is to download a custom skin for pale Sims that comes with its own colour ramp. My bet is that you could find something like that at Garden Of Shadows.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:58 PM
That's a Midnight Hollow sim, right?
Something about that world gives all the premade townies the WORST greyish shiny overlay I've ever seen. It's not even a vampire overlay, and DebugEnabler can't fix it, as far as I can tell.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
That's a Midnight Hollow sim, right?
Something about that world gives all the premade townies the WORST greyish shiny overlay I've ever seen. It's not even a vampire overlay, and DebugEnabler can't fix it, as far as I can tell.

Monte Vista also has my sims shining bright green though
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 6:56 PM
Do you have a default skin installed that may be applying it to all sims? Making them look green? Sometimes when you download a sim they can have bad things attached to them. I would start by checking that.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:57 AM
From your picture it seems that you are using a lighting mod in Midnight Hollow. If you take that out, does the skin still look that green?