Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 11:40 PM Last edited by simslover9685 : 14th Jul 2016 at 12:33 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default glitch or something
my sims cant use the phone or computer when i click on either nothing happens I've token all my mods out to see if something was conflicting and it still does it has this happened to others and how do i fix it i want my sim to adopt a child

Also when i click on her nothing happens but if i change to her sister and click on her the menu pops up i looked it up thinking its a patch but everything including the mods are up to date

update:redid the family it works now thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:06 AM
When you removed the mods, did you also clear the caches?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
When you removed the mods, did you also clear the caches?

just did gonna try it now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:51 AM
nope didnt work
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:05 AM
Ok.
Have you tried with all of your CC temporarily removed and the caches cleared?

(You probably want to make a backup of your saved game to do this....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:19 AM
im just gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling my games
Site Helper
#7 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:25 AM
That is a last resort, which may not help.
There are still things that you could try before that. Like resetting the affected sim.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem is a FAQ which goes through several steps to determine where the problem is coming from. Reinstalling only helps if the actual game files are corrupted or if you forgot to put something back in which turned out to be the problem.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 2:30 AM
okay thanks i actaully fixed it turns ou i had a mod in twice without knowing it but they were from different patchs so they were some how conflicting with eachother
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:55 AM
okay so turns out i can click on a sim and a menu pops up but still wont work for my YA sim?
Site Helper
#10 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:29 PM
Ok, Get Delphy's Dashboard. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Check your entire Packages folder to see if there are any more conflicts. (It does miss things and give false positives, but it is generally accurate for what it is set up to find.)

If the problem is still there and there go through the Game Problem FAQ that I linked earlier. (And actually do the steps, even if you don't think they will work. )
Hopefully, the problem will go away after one of the steps, and we can do more about fixing it once we know where the problem is coming from.