Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 6:09 AM
Default Packages not showing up in clean installer
I recently learned how to recolor Maxis objects. I used the newest version of SimPE (SimPE 0.60) and followed the instructions in the object recolor tutorial that I found in the Creator section of MTS2. I've been merrily making objects, then placing them in my downloads folder manually. They show up in my game great.

However, when I went to upload to the Exchange, none of my recolors uploaded. I just spent the past week making recolors I can't share!

So, I thought I'd check them out with the Clean Installer (as I wanted to sort them anyway, and I use my Clean Installer for that. And I've not had any problems with any of the packages I've downloaded in the past couple of weeks.)

Much to my surprise, each and every one of them came up saying: "There was some files which couldn't have been read."

I have the newest CEP and I've got the Radiance module (installed as part of Scriptorium), both .net1.1 and 2.0 (co-installed). And I double checked to make sure that my version of Clean Installer was the most recent version (1.5.1.4) and it's working fine on the rest of my downloads folder.

So, what did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

KatAnubis
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:06 PM
Put your file view to show the details, and take a look at the file extension. Are they .package files? Perhaps you could attach one here, someone may be able to take a look for you.