Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:13 PM
Family Tree glitch fix?
My family tree disappeared either after a trip to Egypt or after I deleted one of my family's kids Anyway, the common cure I've looked up is to install Supercomputer, however for some reason Supercomputer stopped working in my game. I don't have any expired mods or anything like that so I don't know what the problem is. Anyways I was wondering if there were any other mods or anything to fix the family tree, I have a really big sim family and I'd really like to track them on the family tree
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM
If you delete a Sim, it greys out their picture under the Relationships tab, but not in the family tree. You can "chat long distance" to them, but that's it. Meaning they're not dead, they just moved away permanently. And, as far as I know, the only glitch with family trees and traveling is that dead members appear as alive, but that's fixed in the newest patch. Is your game fully patched?

Anyway, try going through your mods and check all of your mods that might have something to do with family trees.
Actually, now that I think about it, SuperComputer has an option to change the max number of levels in family trees. Did you change that at all? Either way, try changing it to three or five or something.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
And, as far as I know, the only glitch with family trees and traveling is that dead members appear as alive, but that's fixed in the newest patch. Is your game fully patched

Actually there is also another glitch, that I (among many) got at the time WA came out, where you start loosing links to your relatives. Fro example you loose a link to your parents, or siblings. hopefully this will be fixed/is already fixed. I'm now in a new town and so far everybody is still linked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:48 AM
well I don't have supercomputer installed anymore, and i actually didn't have it when my family tree stopped working. I had it a while ago and it stopped working so I took it out. But now one of my family members is newly married and when I click on his wife's family tree it works but when I click over to him it just has him and not his family. And it says "step-brother"? It's really confusing
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 9:57 AM
This is a bug in the default game, where deleting sims does not properly delete them. AwesomeMod fixes this so deleting really deletes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 10:26 PM
So if I install awesomemod now will it fix it or is it too late?