Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 2:57 AM
Default [HELP] Body Mesh I made for the Sims 2 came out 'choppy' how do i fix this?
I was trying to add shoes to this body mesh for teenage male sims for the sims 2, but it ended up turning out really choppy. This is the original mesh I tried to edit. Notice how the arms and everything else are smooth.

and this is how it turned out after I added shoes to it. I didn't even modify the upper body part and it came out looking like this!

This is the only part I did modify. BUT I did the whole "manual edit" with matching the numbers and everything, and the 'align normals' too, and I even did the vertex>>fix underweight bones.
This crease her is still showing up. I wanted it to be smooth.
I did however, didn't 'snap together' the vertex in that area though. I probably should've, but I'm gonna try doing that too. but I still have problems all over the body mesh.

does anyone know how I can fix this? I want it to be smooth like the first mesh, except with just the shoes added. What's causing this error and how can I fix it?
and if anyone has any more questions, just ask.

Please help <3
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 3:12 AM
UPDATE:: I figured it out thanks to twofingerswhiskey from GOS
before you import anything into milkshape you have to make sure the 'auto-smooth' box in milkshape is UNCHECKED, otherwise, it'll goof up ur mesh

Problem Solved