Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Video:
http://youtu.be/dZj-T_6tr00

That was great, thanks so much! I thought the concert was very cute and I like that one of your songs is called "It Hurts Both Ways"
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#77 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:52 AM
That blotchiness is flat out lazy terrain painting. Impressionism is a necessity with CAW and terrain, but the lack of any serious attempt at blending stands out. EA usually does this well - as with Champs Les Sims, you barely notice how few terrain paints they're using. But that is one colour slapped clumsily onto another colour. Even going round the edges with a medium pressure/high falloff brush could have improved that painting enormously. Not impressed.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#78 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Moar pics via PB slideshow...

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

I adore the trailers and the two modest homes, those are lovely. Finally some REAL poor sims! I'm actually glad a lot of them have fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. It adds VARIETY. Plus, plastic surgery is cheap when you're a millionaire. Patching right now and then I'm going to install. Sigh. I really am being won over because of all the wishes on my list granted: pool tables, trailers evoking the style of Heavy Rain, mp3 players, snack bowls, more crowds . . . I FEEL LIKE A TRAITOR TO MY KIND. :P

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#79 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM
Ea's not that far off...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#80 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:31 AM
I played a bit before it crashed. My opinion is that it's actually an alright expansion but you really need to have an interest in those things like magic and singing etc. The neighborhood is very 'California-ish' and it's a lovely change, at least for me. I think by now we have more than enough clubs and things to do at them so hopefully they can focus on different things for the next expansions. That's all I can think to say for now except that not everyone in the town is ugly!
Scholar
#81 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:05 AM
Just finally managed to get rid of most of the lag in Pets. I want to enjoy this for now, so I'm hesitant trying out a new ep. But I like the style of the new neighbourhood. Just would like to see more empty lots. Maybe it is time I learn how to CAW so I can create my own nitpickproof neighbourhood, hmm.
Inventor
#82 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:11 AM
My sim performed her first gig! It was pretty cool. She could talk to the audience between performances, there's even an option to 'Tell Dirty Joke' which I thought was funny.
I think the stuff sims throw at you (the good stuff at least) you actually get to keep! I got an outstanding quality steak in my inventory which I didn't cook or buy so I assume someone threw it at my sim during the performance.
I feel sorry for all of the performing Justin Bieber sims right now (including the one I made) as I don't think most of them will get useful items
Mad Poster
#83 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:12 AM
I was reading the VIP guid, and it said there is a hidden Gambling skill. How do Sims gamble? and how is the gene? now I'm off to watch matrix54 youtube video.
Scholar
#84 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
My sim performed her first gig! It was pretty cool. She could talk to the audience between performances, there's even an option to 'Tell Dirty Joke' which I thought was funny.
I think the stuff sims throw at you (the good stuff at least) you actually get to keep! I got an outstanding quality steak in my inventory which I didn't cook or buy so I assume someone threw it at my sim during the performance.
I feel sorry for all of the performing Justin Bieber sims right now (including the one I made) as I don't think most of them will get useful items

I might just get this ep if the underlined part is true That sim probably ran out of rotten tomatoes :p
Retired
retired moderator
#85 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:56 AM
@Matrix

I'm not basing the comparison on a view from the distance, nor is it even really a comparison with the landscape close up. It's more an issue of technique - of attention to detail. Even though it's painting that's meant to be seen from afar, and it might look okay from afar, with very little effort it could have looked better.

Inventor
#86 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:26 AM
The dangers of Simport!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/510523.page

So glad I haven't/won't use it now.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:38 AM
^I agree. EA's technique was quite lazy with this world. Everything about the world is quite bland, though - except the interiors of lots. For some reason, they are surprising good/better compared to their usually glowing exteriors. They seems to have switched roles this time around. But some of those exteriors are quite beautiful, especially on the mansions.

And I remember EA says that everything wouldn't fit on stage. For an acrobat and a Magicial that's true, what with the props and what not, but the singer has one item: Lighting - a very small item, btw. would it fit on a LN + SHT stage LOADED with props and rigs, btw:

The main issue being nothing snaps to the grid, like the other items for the pack (makes sense), but it's kind of sad how stuff like this happens, and make them look stupid.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Retired
retired moderator
#88 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:40 AM
The OP of that thread sounds semi-hysterical - there are, as yet, a lot of possible ways that Sim might have gotten there. It could have been part of the store bundle, seeing as other parts of that are showing the CC icon. It could be that without sending anything beyond the unique ID for the Sim, those sims are saved in the custom sims (which I would find very helpful AND annoying). I agree with the player who recommends: "Proceed with caution."

Inventor
#89 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:02 AM
It just bothers me that a sim someone sends could become playable to the other player without the sender knowing, if that's what happened.

My singer sim just got snubbed. It happened the day after a bad performance. Which was ruined by the way, by sims walking over the stage. I don't know if it was a glitch or just rudeness. It was the stage at Flying V's Coffeehouse, for those who want to test it.
My sim has all these bad relationships I've got to mend now. I don't know if it came from the snub or from her yelling at them for running on the stage! :P

EDIT: Game crashed. At least I get to redo that performance. Also, I meant to say the steak was of Great quality. The fertilizer quality was outstanding, which is what I was looking at while typing >-< Sorry.
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:01 AM
Well it seems my excitement was premature. I can't click on my Sim. Her custom career outfits (she's a Level 9 Acrobat) are gone and most irritatingly of all, every time she has a gig I prompt her to set up her stage and she wiped it clear and promptly zaps back off the stage, the queue cleared. And though she's able to audition at the big arenas and those lots have the orange tags over them in World Map view, I can't click on them (even during the available time). I just had to scrub my game because it got stuck loading Create a Household. *sigh*
Scholar
#91 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:07 AM
Katy! Perry! Aaaaargh! >,<

Hey there! :)
Inventor
#92 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:09 AM
Has anyone had constant crashing after installing Twallan's mods? It seems like after I installed Overwatch, SP and MC I've been crashing every sim day. They're the only mods I use other than rabbit hole rugs, animation and pose players, and sliders.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:55 PM
two things: can you play with your LN band on those stages and stuff AAAAAND how do I start singing? just karaoke?
Mad Poster
#94 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:01 PM
I read more into the thread, and the SimsVIP said that sims a person hosts get saved to the bin.

So, I guess I'm going to be populating MadameButterflies across the simporting world. :thinks about this a moment:

Bwahahahaha...
Field Researcher
#95 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:22 PM
Is anyone going to attempt to place the new community lots in Bridgeport? I've managed to stick with BP through even through pets (and squeezed my equestrian center and pet parks in). Or maybe I'm the last person still playing BP.

I was on the fence but this thread convinced me to order. I'm also curious if there's an opera track for singers.
Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyba
Has anyone tried it on Mac?

I'm playing it on Mac. Mostly it's been fine. Had some random freezing when doing stuff in Parks with a large amount of sims but nothing too bad. Overall it's been a pleasant experience.
Alchemist
#97 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
I'm relieved. Looks like I'm not missing much by not getting it. Thanks everyone for the comments and enjoy your game
Field Researcher
#98 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:40 PM
Perhaps due to a lack of content, but it took like a minute to install. Expansion packs usually take me forever. Starting it up now.
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
I'm having some problems when it comes to performing shows. I can't see friends performers or my own performs do shows. They just walk to the stage, change outfits, and then poof back off it.
Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Moar pics via PB slideshow...

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

Thanks for the pictures! I'm loving some of the new house designs. Although they vary style-wise, there is enough consistency that they all feel like they "fit" thematically. And that's a big plus for me!

Anyone care to give us some background info on some of the townies?
Page 4 of 18