Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 8:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blending foundation to ground tiles?
Not sure if this is even possible, I've been playing around with cheats quite a bit without success, but if it is, could someone explain the process to achieve blending a foundation to the ground without stairs? Say the foundation leads to a hill of equal height so steps are not needed. I've attached an image in case I'm not explaining it well.

Even the constrainfloorelevation cheat isn't keeping one in place so that the other can match.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 9:32 AM
Maybe find a ground cover that looks like the floor tiles, start with this after the floor tiles, and let it blend together with the other ground cover.

I'm pretty sure you can make ground covers in Homecrafter using floor tile textures.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 9:58 AM
Oh no, I'm not meaning blending as in the terrain and flooring, I mean joining the two in height so stairs aren't needed.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 10:43 AM
You can't completely since the foundation is regarded by the game as 'up a level' and there has to be a difference joined by a step. You can get the difference down to two clicks though I can't remember the technique. Using the floor elevation cheat, it's easily possible to get the foundation down to four clicks though. At two clicks you only need one step which often looks convincing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:20 PM
I found this but I don't get what it means by 2 1 tile floors?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 1:13 PM
Fairly sure they mean two floor levels. So the blue is one room built and the pink is another room built on top like a two story house, then they used CFE to make each floor only 1 click high.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 1:58 PM
OK - if you read the whole thread that is from it explains the technique. It's the same sort of thing, I think, as the stealth stairs. I never liked those.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 2:00 PM
You mean like a gradual slope?
If you don't want stairs, you can just build the house directly on the ground. That would be the easiest.

There are some sloped "stairs" without steps, here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ims2/id/812414/

Might be easier for us to understand if you have an ingame picture of this, maybe from a house you've seen.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 7:03 PM
Maybe the OP wants to build a basement?

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 5:05 AM
I'll have an experiment with the 2 floor thing. Not sure it will work in my scenario. I'm wanting to build exactly what the image shows; an outdoor foundation that connects to the ground without steps or with minimal steps possible.

Scholar
#11 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM
I'm sure you could use Numenor's Recolourable Stairs and colour to match if you go for the one-step.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.