Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clean Megahood? Confused.
I have been searching for an answer to this but I can't seem to find it.

I recently loaded the Sims 2 UC after a nearly 3 year hiatus. I started completely from scratch as far as mods and content.
I was playing the "uber megahood" obtained here at MTS but when I went to install it today, the post informed me of the "clean" safer version by meetme2theriver. Great. However, there are so many download options there. Which one do I pick? Do I need all of them? And do I place the file(s) in mydocuments/....neighborhoods or programfiles/...neighborhoods ? I feel like I've forgot how to do basic things with this game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by looseemoo
Hello You don't need all of them, you just pick and choose which you would like. First, you pick your "main hood" (this is what you will attach your subhoods to). The "main hood" can go into your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder or your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods folder (it tells you this on the site as well. I put mine into Documents/EA/... personally). REMEMBER to delete the hood if it already exists in your game (for example, if you want to use the Pleasantview clean hood, make sure you have deleted the old Pleasantview hood in game NOT through the documents/neighborhood folder. Each hood as a unique set of numbers. Pleasantview is N001, Strangetown N002, etc.)

Before we start, because you have UC, your install location is C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\

Once you've picked your main hood, the next section is about universities. You can add any university you like, it doesn't matter which or how many. However, these have a different place to put the files. The go into your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder. Also, REMEMBER to make backups of your existing templates first so you don't have to re-install in case something goes wrong. Once you've backed them up, it's safe to delete them and replace them with the clean templates from the folder itself.

Next, you can add downtowns. These also have a unique saving place. The only thing however, with downtowns only the first downtown you add will have townies (EAxis borkiness as perusal). (Just as a warning, I am not sure if adding a second downtown will corrupt your game. Because, if townies get deleted in EAxis fashion, then you will have a lot of corruption) These downtown templates go into -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate. Pick whichever version you would like, but remember to make backups of existing templates before you replace them.

Next is shopping districts. You can add as many of these as you like. They act as additional hoods to your main hood. These also have a unique place where they are saved. They go into -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder. (If UC uses Best Of Business collection however (sorry I'm not sure, I don't have it), they are saved in /-INSTALL LOCATION-/The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection/EP3/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate).

And that's about it really for an uber megahood. You will need to use this mod (http://modthesims.info/d/420924) to be able to select from a list of downtowns/shopping districts (because there's originally a button that won't let you choose anything else)

Last, there are clean templates of Stealth Hoods that might be of use to you. If you're interested in those, this thread can help you (http://www.modthesims.info/archive/...?t-520751.html). They basically remove the SimBin families that come with every hood. But, you will need to use these before you load your hood for the first time.

If you have any questions (if I wasn't clear enough or something sorry ) Feel free to ask.

I see my mistake! I didn't even consider that the different neighborhoods needed to be in their corresponding EP neighborhood folder. I'm going to try again now. Thank you so much for the help!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 1:19 PM
This one is made with the clean and fixed from meetme2theriver with Veronaville as the main hood http://simfil.es/6864/

I made this for someone on MTS but have forgotten who it was.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 9:56 PM
Using UC, you don't need to save any Sims 2 program files you change/delete. You can get them back by clicking the repair or update or whatever it is in Origin (I never launch it). Warning: if you tell it to, Origin will 'fix' your files back to how they were before the changes you made.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Using UC, you don't need to save any Sims 2 program files you change/delete. You can get them back by clicking the repair or update or whatever it is in Origin (I never launch it). Warning: if you tell it to, Origin will 'fix' your files back to how they were before the changes you made.

So if I don't launch it from the Origin program, it won't revert my files...right?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:26 AM
You do not need to launch through Origin, just make a shortcut on your desktop.