Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
I'd love to join, but I don't have Bon Voyage, so for the first round could I make a pretend beach or something and it wouldn't effect my score? Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 8:04 PM
Of course. You wouldn't be docked any points for not having the beach from the expansion pack. As long as your scene looks like a beach, it's cool. .
Field Researcher
#28 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 8:41 PM
If I may, monstersteph, there are a bunch of very nice beachy ground covers at both Mod and Parsimonious. They can help give the appeareance of a beach when there is none.

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Instructor
#29 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 9:59 PM
And, if you choose a lot that is on the edge of the water your shots can still look almost like a real beach, with a water to sky background even if you don't actually get to utilize the water's true edge.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:35 AM
Alright, thank you guys
I'll download those ground covers, thank you.

I'll post my app in a little bit.
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:01 AM Last edited by monstersteph : 1st Nov 2009 at 1:04 AM. Reason: put same pic in twice =p

My name is Kaori Sasaki and I'm 21 years old. I was born in a little town in Japan, pretty close to Tokyo. My father grew up there, and met my mother while she was on vacation with her friends. I'm the oldest of my four siblings, two brothers and two sisters. We moved to America when I was 16, and soon along then, my parents died. I grew up taking care of myself, and my siblings.

During my teenage years, I met and fell in love with a boy named Anthony. I ended up getting pregnant and having twins, both girls. I was shocked, not knowing how it happened, but I love my two girls and I will never regret having them. I've never modeled or acted before, but I need to start a career in order to maintain the health of my siblings and daughters. I feel as though modeling would be a job that I could achieve while still caring for the kids.

Katie (one of my daughters) and I were cheering for Jake (my little brother).

Scholar
#32 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:24 AM Last edited by Deatherella : 4th Nov 2009 at 1:34 PM. Reason: Shrunk a couple of my pics down to 800 wide. Yahoo, let's hear it for the boys.
Default Phil McCrakken - Application

Mug Shot

All of Me

At the new Homestead "unpacking" my goods.

Howdy! I'm Phil McCrakken -- a 22 year old guy that just got back to Pleasantville after partying a few years away at SSU. I was sort of confused about just what I wanted to do with my life until I saw this contest when it occured to me that I definately want to be a Rising Star. Oh, yes, I want it so bad I can taste it. I have found my aspiration in life.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:39 PM
Awesome applications so far! Deatherella, it'd be better to re-take the picture so the icon isn't in the corner of the screen.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:50 PM
Count me in if you don't bother spelling mistakes and a quite bad english...^^
I'm german but if you don't have a Problem with this i'll try my best! I promise.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:33 PM
Gee, I haven't been in a contest out here in SO long! And I know TRIriana you have been in a few of mine. I just uninstalled my sims 3 and reinstalled my sims 2. I wasn't too happy with sims 3. So I might join this one. I haven't shopped for much CC as yet, but going to try and do that tonight. Not sure the size of the pictures if I do join. Many things have changed out here. I'm feeling a bit lost When do apps close? And is there much story telling in the contest? Let me see what I can do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:57 PM
Pai.kea you won't be judged on your grammar or spelling errors. I look forward to your appl!

Michele D, it'll be awesome to have you. :-D The applications don't close until the 4th of November, and storytelling isn't the main component in this one.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 12:21 AM Last edited by Cher : 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:48 AM.
Awww so sweet TRIriana Not sure what the picture sizing is out here now. Some one please tell me? Ok, let me try and whip up a sim and grab some CC. I will do this after work or tomorrow. Great entries so far everyone

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.... 650x550
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 12:51 AM
Oh, thanks! That sounds good to my ears, believe me... But... I have another stupid questions. It says "Simposing will not be allowed. 'Shopping poses is, as long as it uses only the game." in the Rules, but cause i'm not english, I don't understand if Poseboxes are aloud or not... Are they? *hopes*
Inventor
#39 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:48 AM
i think so...
i'd love to be in this contest, but idk if i'll have enough time seeing as i'm already running my own...
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:59 AM
I hope you get a chance to, Jewa. ^^.

Pai.kea, yes poseboxes are allowed. .
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:27 AM
Oh, okay, cool...^^ Sorry for the stupid question, I just didn't knew what was ment with Simposing. You'll have my App in about one hour. I've already written the Text, so I just have to take the pictures then i'm finished...
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:15 AM
Default Application - Amanda Reese
APPLICATION - AMANDA REESE

• Name
    Amanda "Mandy" Reese
  • Place of Birth & Residence
    Middleton, Tennessee
  • Status
    Single
  • Current Job
    Helping on my Parents Farm
  • Dream Job
    Modelling or Acting
  • Hobbies
    Meeting Friends, Watching TV and reading Magazines
I know you've heard many Biographies before mine, and I'm sure you're expecting the same from me – interesting Stories about the Places where I lived or about interesting Jobs or Relationships, but actually my life wasn't that special. I was born and raised on a Farm in Tennessee, together with two Sisters and three Brothers and I'm the oldest of them. I had to care for them and I never had much room for myself and my Dreams. From Time to Time I thought, that I might be invisible, because no one was interested in me. A Farmer's Life is hard and so was the Life of my Parents, they hadn't much Time for their Children. I was a shy and quiet Kid, maybe that was the reason for my invisibility. And because of that I had just one wish as a teen – I wished to be seen, I wished that People know my Face and that I'm no more invisible. That's why I'm here.

Me in front of my home - awaiting your Answer!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:48 AM Last edited by Cher : 4th Nov 2009 at 6:40 AM.
Default Application~Noelle Winterton
Name: Noelle Winterton
Place of birth: England
Current residence: NYC
Brief overview of yourself: Down to earth, love to travle. I enjoy the arts, music, cooking, animals and meeting new people etc. I am a very giving person and love to help people in need. I enjoy most music, but my favorites would be classical and the oldies from my mothers generation.

Click on pictures to see them bigger....
Headshot:

Profile:

Body shot:

In-game
An at home shot:

Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:45 PM

Round One
Building the Portfolio

If you really think you have what it takes, then read on and take notes. This is where the work really begins, and the professionalism expected of you has to come into focus. You're going to be working with some of the best photographers and magazines in the business. Later on you might even even get the chance to work alongside a top film star... But that's far in the future.

A Day at the Beach

South Simville has a little talked about beach, and this is where your very first shoot it going to take you. It doesn't sound glamourous, and so it's your job to make it look glamourous. Sea pollution once made this one of the least visited beaches on this side of the country, and in recent years hundreds of millions has been spent on making it fit for habitation again. In order to get people more interested in the grand reopening, photographs are going to be taken of the area. And this is where you come in.

Photographs

(a) One picture of your model relaxing back on the beautiful, clean beach as it is now.
(b) One picture of your model at the grand reopening on the beach. This should be an evening shot.

Cover Girl and Cover Guy

A new deal has been brokered with Rising Star and Rock! Magazine, and your model has been chosen as the cover for their next Christmas special edition. You're going to be dressed in some of the best clothes the industry can get their needy little hands on, to accurately portray a rock star. Your make-up will also have to be in the appropriate style.

Photographs

(a) One picture of your model, in the necessary get-up on the cover of the magazine. You'll need to have Rock! displated on the front, as well as Christmas Special Edition somewhere on the cover. Imagine what a magazine cover looks like, and go wild with creating your own!

Writing
A little piece on what your model though of both shoots: the lead-up, the aftermath, etc.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 4:46 PM
Michelle, I'm glad you joined because Noelle is just beautiful! I can't wait to see more of her.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:41 PM Last edited by wgroome : 8th Nov 2009 at 5:32 PM.
A Day at the Beach:

Wow! That beach looks so much better now! It was lovely to see that beautiful bit of seaside back to its former glory, and I had a great time at the photo shoot. They wanted me with my top off (no surprise!) and they said just sit by the sea... I though it was a good idea, it's all about relaxing and I couldn't have been more relaxed. Although the camera was up to his waist in the water taking the picture!

At the launch party, I had a bit too much nectar and ended up going for a paddle in the sea, fully clothed! Luckily almost everybody (and thankfully anybody important) had left so I wasn't caught out! Good times!

Cover Guy:

Well, when I found out that I was going to get to muck around in the snow, I couldn't have been more excited. Greece didn't exactly have a lot of snow, so I never got to play in the snow as a child. I was meant to just be playing a guitar in the snow, but during a break they crew and I built a snowman and the photographer had the idea to have me destroy it... I think it turned out really well - I love the rock edgeyness in the shot!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:13 PM
Great start, Wgroome. ^^.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:15 PM
im going to join ill have an app in today
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:44 PM Last edited by thatgirlashley : 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:59 PM.
ADRIAN ZANE'S APPLICATION

Name
Adrian Zane
Place of Birth & Residence
New York City
Status
Single
Current Job
Student

Hey! Im Adrian, born and raised in NYC, im high maintenance, i'm a snob, i'm a party girl (and proud of it). I'm hoping my attitude will get me far in this competition. My dream is to become a model because I know I am good enough, it's just getting the break! so watch out here i come!!

HEADSHOT

BODYSHOT

more to come!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Cher : 4th Nov 2009 at 6:44 AM.
Thank you very much SolidGoldFunk84. I have seen your sims and they are very lovely!

EDIT: When is round one due? I didn't see a date.

Page 2 of 11