Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I collected them all because I was afraid that it would go down. I'd be glad to upload them if there'd be no problems with that.

EDIT: All right, I decided to do it. Here's a link. It'll take me a while to get everything up, so keep an eye on it. If the author of the mods objects, I'll take them down.

Thank you for doing this!

There are a number of things that I'd not gotten around to downloading thinking 'I'll get around to it later'. You'd think by now that we as Sims 2 (old game) players would have learned a lesson about not downloading everything and saving it somewhere...just in case.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 12:25 AM
I don't trust any site to stay up, or even for Wayback Machine to archive it. That mindset's served me pretty well so far....not my hard drive space, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 7:27 PM
Well, I still haven't found how to make a journal entry (and it's probably obvious too--I'm a bit slow is all) - but I added the link to my signature, so that should work for the time being. Besides, I don't think my picture caption thread needs any more advertising the last I checked.

But yeah, if any of you are on other forums/communities and have someone WCIFing for SimWardrobe's mods, do send them the link. Hopefully it'll spread out on its own after a while. Of course, it kind of figures that the thing I'll eventually be known for in TS2 communities is uploading other people's mods. Ah well.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#29 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:23 PM
I've notified a tumblr that archives old sims 2 files and they have put it in their site. Thanks.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:08 PM
I discovered that we actually can download some stuff by accessing it on waybackmachine
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:19 PM
Only some of it, unfortunately.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:10 AM
One quick update here - I just realized that some people would probably like an archive of all of SW's stuff without clicking through everything.

You can find it in the SimWardrobe folder in my signature, but here's also a link: http://www.simfileshare.net/filedetails/263422/

It's around 150 mb, so here's an MD5 hash to verify it downloaded correctly:
Code:
828458A416C683DC2FD7B8B755396C57

Mad Poster
#33 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
One quick update here - I just realized that some people would probably like an archive of all of SW's stuff without clicking through everything.

You can find it in the SimWardrobe folder in my signature, but here's also a link: http://www.simfileshare.net/filedetails/263422/

It's around 150 mb, so here's an MD5 hash to verify it downloaded correctly:
Code:
828458A416C683DC2FD7B8B755396C57

Thank you for doing that.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:24 AM
I have fond memories of that fansite. It had some of my favorite mods. RIP, SimWardrobe. Fly high in the heaven of dead simsites.

Where's a sad react when you need one?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I have fond memories of that fansite. It had some of my favorite mods. RIP, SimWardrobe. Fly high in the heaven of dead simsites.

No kidding. So many Sims 2 CC websites are dropping like flies.
Scholar
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 11:12 AM
Thanks for doing this-even the graveyard can't be relied upon to stay up sometimes. This is why hoarding CC is not a bad idea-although you're right-bad for the hard drive!

Though it never forgets, the Internet can lose entire domains. This is one case of it happening.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#38 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 12:07 PM
This is exactly the reason my home is littered with exterior hard drives full of cc.

Well, that and I'm a hoarder.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:47 PM
Oh, hello... Just now noticing the Wardrobe is gone, right when I felt like playing Sims 1 again and SimCategorizer suddenly not working anymore T_T
I was able to download again from a Geocities page, but it doesn't work. All files appear as red Xs and "Error! Can't load" message...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:47 PM
The Sims 1 program are available from the link in my signature.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:02 AM
Emm... I do HAVE the program, the problem is that it doesn't work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:15 PM
Uhhh

Apologies to everyone, but I misclicked while trying to delete an empty folder and accidentally deleted the SW folder. The files are still there. I'm working on putting everything back in the right place now and I'll post a new link.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 4th Jan 2020 at 12:07 AM.
NEW LINK. Note that I'm still putting everything back, I expect to be done in a bit.

http://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/

Some requests for anybody on here who's able and willing:
- Simbology has a redirect to my archive on their forum. Can somebody let them know to fix it?
- The SimWardrobe page on the Wikia links to it. Can somebody with an account please fix it?
- If you're on Tumblr, would you mind posting about the change in link? (Feel free to call me an idiot, too.) That would probably be one of the quicker ways to get the news out.

EDIT: I've finished moving the files. If you notice anything missing, please let me know.

Inventor
#44 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 12:50 AM
Thanks for your time, kindness and help by doing all of this. It's much appreciated !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 7:52 PM
Well, I should have been more careful where I clicked. Though I'm surprised that SFS doesn't have any confirmation at all when deleting folders, especially since it's an irreversible process.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:43 PM
I popped in on Simbology to inform them of the change of URL.

Page 2 of 2