Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 6:39 PM
thanks @varpunen
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:10 AM
A bit off topic, but how did some of you get profile pictures? Is there a certain rule on having one or something? I've always been curious is all.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mortimergoth
A bit off topic, but how did some of you get profile pictures? Is there a certain rule on having one or something? I've always been curious is all.

Click on your screen name in the upper right corner of this page.
Then Click on Edit Profile on the right side of the page
Click on Settings ^ Options from the Control Panel Menu and select Edit Avatar
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 9:09 AM
I run TS3 and all EPs/SPs on a seven year old machine running Vista/6700 Quad. I have a new graphics card that isn't particularly compatible with my PC but is for the game - Nvidia 750Ti. I also have a beaucoup bunch of CC...most not grouped yet because I'm going through them after having to replace my hard drive a few months ago. I'm playing 4-5 worlds with NHD files not exceeding 70Mb. Lots of mods, including Awesome and a bunch from Nraas. Right now my load time is closer to 15-20 min because of the # of CC.

You guys know better than I about the video card but I do know that I was playing TS3 on a laptop initially but, as the EPs mounted, it was too much for the graphics card - lots of crashing - and I had to switch to a PC.

If the card is fine with the EPs added, I would add my voice that it is likely something installed. It is amazing the stuff that gets by sometimes! Like they've said here, it's as simple as taking that entire "The Sims 3" folder in the My Docs/Electronic Arts and moving it to your desktop. It will give you a brand spanking new folder. What I'd do is open a world I've not played before and start playing it to check out your custom content - that you put back in slowly. That way you can keep the world later if you get attached to your new simmies! If you don't care, you can play Aurora Skies and simply overwrite the save folder after you go through every bit of custom content. Don't forget you'll have to reload your Sims3Packs, as well, along with any items you've placed in the Library.
Page 2 of 2